Author Topic: Personal Problem Discussion Thread  (Read 235190 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Teen problem discussion thread
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2008, 05:44:58 pm »
I don't have any problems with school, besides some people not liking me I'm cool with it because I have a pretty good group of friends. I do have one question, what do you guys think about 13/14 year olds smoking weed?

I think they're being stupid. Same goes for drinking at that age. Taking things that mess up your thinking and judgment. It's hard enough to stay healthy without doing things to mess that up on purpose. You don't need to do drugs and it doesn't make you cool. 

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2008, 05:45:57 pm »
Dip?
According to wikipedia the only thing I can imagine you're referring to is a weird type of snuff that you put in your mouth but don't chew. God knows, I wouldn't do it :P
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2008, 05:46:19 pm »
I got a good one for you guys. My one friend is a heavy stoner. We were in the library one day when they brought the drug dogs to check out one of the hallways. He was carrying that day so he pulled a bag of weed out of his jacket and just ate it right on the spot.
Hah. wow...I'm surprised the dogs didn't catch the scent anyway. If they had though, then he'd not only be having problems with possession, but also with being under the influence.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2008, 05:56:00 pm »
Dip is a tobacco that is placed in the bottom lip and just left there. Periodically the dipper spits out tobacco laced saliva, very nasty. It's very popular in Texas and I have an Uncle and two cousins who were bull riders and used dip all the time. It comes in a small round container that they carry in their back pocket.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2008, 06:31:26 pm »
Never touched weed myself. But the fact that i know people who have since before i was born and it has had no adverse effects on them and the fact that it is legal in some places under some circumstances tells me its not harmful.

However i wouldn't say its self for people so young, I don't approve of young fold doing anything like that including smoking cigs or drinking.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2008, 07:50:13 pm »
               In my hometown, it's called "nganga". They get a pinch of tobacco and a small mixture of different spices and wrap them around a small leaf, which they then chew. They then spit it out and it smells nasty. What's interesting is that some people say it makes your teeth stronger. :-\

Weird.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2008, 10:47:16 pm »
the only way I can see that happening is through the increased saliva output, which is actually good for teeth.

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2008, 11:45:30 pm »
Dip is a tobacco that is placed in the bottom lip and just left there. Periodically the dipper spits out tobacco laced saliva, very nasty. It's very popular in Texas and I have an Uncle and two cousins who were bull riders and used dip all the time. It comes in a small round container that they carry in their back pocket.
The thing about dip is that it rots that, after a time, the tobacco secretions rot the skin it's placed next to.

Alot of Marines used it when I was in, and a number of them had serious tooth/gum problems.  One of my friends could almost push the tip of his tongue through the skin below his lip.  It was disgusting.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2008, 02:44:36 am »
Wow, you were a marine?

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2008, 03:01:32 am »
Weed isn't the same as LSD. Considering that C&H actually did a comic strip about Cannabis, that's just straightforward misinformation.

Perhaps because the cannibis one sucked?

Yeah, I never knew Danz was a marine either.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2008, 04:34:27 am »
Weed isn't the same as LSD. Considering that C&H actually did a comic strip about Cannabis, that's just straightforward misinformation.

Perhaps because the cannibis one sucked?

I don't see how it could suck more than the LSD one.

I think the problem with teenagers today is their lower standards of entertainment. These Pokeyman sequel games and Emo Musics are deranging their brains and making them violent. I say we ban some things that kids love. That'll straighten them out.  ;)
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2008, 09:38:08 am »
Never touched weed myself. But the fact that i know people who have since before i was born and it has had no adverse effects on them and the fact that it is legal in some places under some circumstances tells me its not harmful.

However i wouldn't say its self for people so young, I don't approve of young fold doing anything like that including smoking cigs or drinking.

I used to agree, but one of my friend's boyfriends is utterly gone. You should bear in mind how much Marajuana he actually smokes before taking this to heart; but it has messed up his personality, destroyed his education and caused severe troubles in the privacy of said friend's bedroom.

But I think recreational use is fine. Also consuming it in Cookie form is awesome. But woe betide you smoke it in insane amounts.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2008, 11:04:27 am »

I used to agree, but one of my friend's boyfriends is utterly gone. You should bear in mind how much Marajuana he actually smokes before taking this to heart; but it has messed up his personality, destroyed his education and caused severe troubles in the privacy of said friend's bedroom.

But I think recreational use is fine. Also consuming it in Cookie form is awesome. But woe betide you smoke it in insane amounts.

Its possible. I don't know any one who uses its constantly in extreme amounts.

Although it could be possible that that guy was doing other drugs along side weed. Thats ones of the biggest dangers of weed, You try weed and decided to get into some other drugs since weed didn't seem to have an adverse effect on you then you get addicted to the others drugs that are indeed dangerous.

But your are the one that knows him so you would have to tell me.

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2008, 12:34:35 pm »
Yea, as other people have pointed out, dipping is gross to those who have never done it, as you have to spit brown saliva into a container if you driving or indoors. I only like to it if I get a hold of some snus or pouches, which you don't have to spit with or if I'm playing football. Plus, if you swallow the saliva or dip, you will throw up.
Kings 2:23-24 --- The Holy Bible
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youth.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2008, 09:24:39 pm »
Chew/dip is nasty for everyone. Even if your outside there are disgusting pools of it. Forget stepping in it, the sight of a big puddle of it just makes me want to be sick.  Luckily I don't live near anyone who uses it anymore. In fact as much as I dislike smoking (lost my grandfather to throat cancer from it). I prefer it because Vancouver recently passed a bylaw requiring all smokers to stand 10 feet away from doors, windows and any air intake vents.

And while I've never used weed myself I've had to lower my views on people who do since I moved here. Mainly because many people do, on a very casual basis. And you wouldn't know it. But like it has been mentioned, those who I know who do use it constantly are very self destructive.
My karma ran over your dogma