Author Topic: Personal Problem Discussion Thread  (Read 346412 times)

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Personal Problem Discussion Thread
« Reply #2040 on: October 10, 2013, 12:05:02 am »
What's IEP?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Oviraptor

• Shinobi Ninja
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #2041 on: October 10, 2013, 04:23:45 am »
Individualized Education Program

As someone who had an IEP in highschool, adjusting to college was a tough one for me. But, I (somehow) made it through and now I have my associate's degree. Man, I'm glad I don't have to go back there anymore. :|

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: October 10, 2013, 06:55:52 am »
You should share with rys how you coped since he seems to also be struggling.

Rys are your mental issues actual disorders or just basic shyness, approach anxiety, and a lack of self confidence? One can be dealt with by talking it out and changing things the other requires like a diagnosis and drugs haha
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Oviraptor

• Shinobi Ninja
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #2043 on: October 10, 2013, 07:02:05 am »
I got help from others, specifically in the areas I struggled with (writing). It was still a struggle though. Took me three years to get a two year degree. Usually professors are perfectly willing to help you make it through your course, but you have to go to them to make it happen; otherwise they'll just let you fail.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2044 on: October 10, 2013, 09:02:45 am »
Don't worry Ovi I don't have any problems with writing and it took me four years and counting to get a three year degree :Y

But yes I have to agree with Ovi, teachers and academic staff are there to help you, and won't think less of you for asking them to help. I know you're at an age where what other people think of you seems really important, and that that's a function of your brain or something, but its worth being called a teacher's pet if it means you get what you want to do done.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Rysworld

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: October 10, 2013, 02:28:06 pm »
*snip*
I'm not sure. I don't feel like this is normal, but again my family would not be able to afford a professional anyways so I don't particularly want to worry them by presenting them with this when they are likely unable to do anything about it.

I'm not particularly anxious or shy, in fact I am usually fairly outgoing and talkative. I've just got a lot of confidence issues and self-loathing left over from... always having had them, I guess. I'm not melodramatic enough to think I have depression and anxiety or something, since  I don't really share feelings with my family members who have such ailments.

*snip*
Thanks, Ovi. I'll try and take it to heart. I'm a decent writer but... past a certain point, math got hard enough to require studying, which I've never had to do before. I'm also not quite able to coast by on my inherent language skills in my Expos. Comp. class anymore. I suppose it's just needing to get into the new swing of things, and needing to actually devote time to my studies.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: October 10, 2013, 02:46:10 pm »
Not really able to open up right now, but I'm still around if you were all worried.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: October 10, 2013, 04:01:00 pm »
Honestly I kind of was >_>

WE'RE HERE FOR YA BUDDY.

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: October 10, 2013, 04:24:14 pm »
Yeah, Plank. Everything's gonna be okay soon. Don't take any drastic measures.

Offline Great Distance

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: November 27, 2013, 01:00:45 pm »
Life sucks, but you never gotta lose out on hope. After all the **** I've been through, that's one thing I know for certain.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 01:13:58 pm by Great Distance »

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: November 27, 2013, 02:01:50 pm »
That's probably a good outlook on life.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #2051 on: November 28, 2013, 06:32:16 pm »
My inbox is always open if anyone needs to talk about anything. I'm really glad that people feel comfortable to share their problems here and that others are willing to help with some kind words and advice. Sometimes its just nice to know your not alone. :)

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: December 12, 2013, 11:43:18 pm »
Another girl update

The Brittney girl didn't end up turning into anything. The freshman is active but I've been distant because I don't want to continue sleeping with her and keep going down that road.

Then I met this girl Saturday, Hannah, and got her number that night. Tuesday I say hey let's go out and get drinks, she agrees and it was a date. It went well, and idk I feel like I made a connection with this girl, like I have a crush on her or I'm genuinely interested I guess?

Anyway, I take her back to her place, fooled around but nothing past second. As I'm leaving she says let me know what I'm up to this weekend and I agreed.

I sent her a text around 530 this afternoon hey how are you doing Hannah. Nothing. Hurts a bit.

:-( 
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: December 13, 2013, 01:51:36 am »
I've been pretty ill for over a month now, and am about to book my third doctors appointment. He's given me two different prescriptions now and neither did anything. :|
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: December 13, 2013, 06:55:31 am »
What kind of ill? Stomach? Fever?

Regardless hope they figure you out