Author Topic: [NG] Viri Voltei An Viri Adinei ~"Living Bodies of the Living Planet"  (Read 21096 times)

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
    • If silence is golden, then my house is pyrite
Re: [NG] Viri Voltei An Viri Adinei ~"Living Bodies of the Living Planet"
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2008, 02:18:44 pm »
I'm also gonna turn them into walking giant alien penises...

God forgive me for these lame words:

Are you going to make them meet the little blue ******don?
Visit my blog: http://robertbobby91.blogspot.com/

SAT: Critical Reading: 680 Math: 720,  Writing: 690,  essay: 12
WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2008, 03:13:30 pm »
Wow Yuu, I probably shouldn't say this, but this is now my favourite NG creature of all! It is so unique, but still so thought through and detailed it feels real and yea, If everyone were like you me and Flisch wouldn't have any bs'ing to do at all. GREAT SUCESS!
@davidramnero

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2008, 05:22:36 am »
Wow thanks! I didn't expect them to be that great. :) Well, thanks guys for all the comments! ;D

I'm also gonna turn them into walking giant alien penises...

God forgive me for these lame words:

Are you going to make them meet the little blue ******don?

Err no? But the thing is, they were not alone. ;)

Above: A bird's eye view picture captured by one of the Viri Voltei's very first scouting missions sent to the surface.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:49:57 pm by Yuu »

Offline KingAcer

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2008, 09:09:17 am »
               Thanks, KA! :) I'll have their tools up by tomorrow, hopefully. So check it out, mmmkay? Hope you make an NG too, when you're free. :) Good luck on the game! :)
I still have to do a lot of stuff and I'm not feeling very inspired lately, but I already have some plans for the NG and I'm still going to work on the Oohm. Don't know how long it will take me though, that's always a surprise with me  ;)
I'll be watching though.
Ehm...Good luck on what game by the way?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2008, 06:27:11 am »
Never mind about that last part, KA. Sorry, I got a bit confused back there. :D

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
    • If silence is golden, then my house is pyrite
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2008, 06:17:50 pm »
ausome
Visit my blog: http://robertbobby91.blogspot.com/

SAT: Critical Reading: 680 Math: 720,  Writing: 690,  essay: 12
WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2008, 05:57:37 am »
... I'll have their tools up by tomorrow, hopefully...

Wow, Valve Time much? :P

Umm, okay, here it goes...

Crops: Kari

Before we begin, there is one important thing that we should remember about the plants of Viri Adinei. The plants in Viri Adinei, unlike most plants on Terra, do not use photosynthesis at all, but instead get their energy from the sea's relatively large supply of electricity, which we will explore later on. So okay. Now that we've cleared that up, let's go on ahead.

That plant you see above is none other than the Kari plant. It is the Terran equivalent of a hybrid wheat and potato plant. And just like their Terran counterparts, they are the modern Viri Voltei's primary source of food. But it wasn't always like this. You see, back then, the Viri Voltei we're a hunter gatherer society. But as they got smarter, they discovered that farming would be a much more productive, if not more stable way of getting food. And so, they slowly developed the art of farming and breeding. And after countless cycles of trial and error, they were finally able to get what they wanted. A fast growing growing, high yielding crop that doesn't just taste good, but also contains a very generous amount of minerals that the Viri Voltei need in their everyday diet, the modern Kari plant.

Cattle: Migara

This is the Migara. The Adineian equivalent of the Terran sheep. But unlike sheep, it has one extra function. It is, oddly enough, a very good source of mid to high grade construction material. You see, unlike most other species in the family that the Viri Voltei belonged to, the migaras' Seda Sivalitei hardened to form large spikes that function as protection for it's eggs. But now that they have been tamed by the Viri Voltei, they now mostly serve as the Adineian equivalent of lumber and iron. Though, it still helps a lot when it comes to fending off predators that might want to take a bit on them while their Migarakei (Shepherd) aren't looking.

A very neat trick is to rub your Hipokapae against a tool made of Migara An Seda Sivalitei while releasing a small magnetic current in order to magnetize it. The now magnetized tool can now be used in the same way that Terrans use magnetized tools. There were also rumors of individuals who could imbue such a strong magnetic force to blades made of Seda Sivalitei that it becomes lethal, aka Magnetic Blades. But then again, that's just a rumor so we really don't know whether these "Magnetic Blades" are true or not.

Moving on.

<!> Keep this and all other tools away from children's reach at all times. <!>

Tools: Kemanuda

This is the Kemanuda. As you can see, it's form is similar to that of a squid. But unlike the squid, it has another use other than for food. The Viri Voltei use it like people would use a clamp. This is because of the extremely strong gripping power of it's fins, which it used to catch it's prey with in the wild. Since it's domestication, breeders have striven to create stronger Kemanuda with greater levels of stamina.

An interesting fact about Kemanudas is that they can also be used as hooks when tied to the end of a rope.

Tools: Gupinuda

The Gupinuda is a close relative of the Kemanuda. But unlike it's cousin, it is far more dangerous to handle. That is because unlike the Kemanuda, the Gupinuda are more akin to shears than clamps. Using it's sharp blade-like fins, it could cut through most materials easily, making it an ideal tool for carpentry and for farming.

An interesting fact about Gupinudas is that in early times, some Viri Voltei created a breed of Gupinudas so large, it was used more like a paddle-board than a pair of scissors. And yes, it was used for war.

Tools: Solederairu

The Solederairu are a very interesting species in that they have a very interesting way of dealing with creatures that want to harm them. They cauterize them.

So basically, this is the equivalent of a Terran blow torch. A very useful thing when you're living underwater and want to weld things together. Be careful, though, as they are not only hot, they are also quite sharp. Which is probably why a larger breed was used by the early military.

Beast of Burden: Higati Voltei

Literally "Large Bodies", these creatures were the Viri Voltei's primary form of inter-city transportation in early times. They also served as mobile fortresses in times of war.

Here we can see a Higati Voltei carrying a building full of passengers on it's back.

Example

Here is an example of how each creature is used in Viri Voltei society.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:50:53 pm by Yuu »

Offline Oshaberi

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Logically.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2008, 08:59:03 am »
That's a cool idea, that all the tools are living creatures. Can the Viri Voltei use them in their natural form, or do they have to sedate them or something? I'd hate to have one of those things squirming around in my hand, especially that Gupinuda.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2008, 12:53:36 pm »
What program do you use to make your pictures with?  Also, so far these are my favorite NG creature :).
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2008, 07:22:55 pm »
That's a cool idea, that all the tools are living creatures. Can the Viri Voltei use them in their natural form, or do they have to sedate them or something? I'd hate to have one of those things squirming around in my hand, especially that Gupinuda.

They don't necessarily sedate them. They're domesticated forms of their wild relatives, just like how dogs are referred to as domesticated forms of wolves in Terra. What makes the Viri Voltei form of taming unique though, is the fact that a.) the creatures are treated more like pets than tools and b.) the hipokapae of the Viri Voltei can release a small amount of electromagnetic force, which they can use to somehow take advantage of the creatures' reflexes, making the kemanuda close it's fins and the solederairu activate their stinger-like hipokapae. Though, just like modern Terran equipment, they have to rest and recharge, so it's pretty good to have at least a dozen or so of these guys if you're working on a big project, like building a small shelter.

What program do you use to make your pictures with?  Also, so far these are my favorite NG creature :).

MS PowerPoint.  :)

Thanks for the compliments guys! :) I'll try and make the next update sooner. :)

EDIT: Here it is. :)

Terrestrial Battle Armor

This is a common version of the armor used by the Viri Voltei in the middle ages. It is complete with six wheel drive all terrain wheels, a Hydrogen grenade launcher, a close quarter combat blade, a helmet, an elementary radar system and a two way radio.

The soldier operates this suit by using the touch pads on both sides of the helmet's horn-like protrusions for maneuvering and the console on the left for the weapons and other equipment.

Arial Battle Armor

This is a common version of the armor used by the Viri Voltei in the middle ages during aerial combat. It is complete with two high-powered VTOL propellers, a high accuracy Hydrogen shell launcher, an elementary radar system, a two way radio and stealth armor.

The soldier operates this suit by using the touch ball on the right for maneuvering and the console on the left for the weapons and other equipment.

EDIT: Second update :D

Power

In this section, we will finally find out the cause of the large presence of electricity in the seas of Viri Adinei. Truly, the one factor which separates most other forms of life from the life forms of Viri Adinei is the fact that they apparently run on electricity. Now, electricity can't just sprout out of nowhere. It has to come from somewhere. But where exactly?

What you see here is not a plant or an animal. This is a power line, or as the Viri Voltei call it, the Viri An Viri or "lives of lives". A very fitting name, for without it, it would have been impossible for the Viri Voltei and in fact, for any life form native to Viri Adinei to have ever survived. The exact origins of these giant tunnels of electricity remained a mystery for much of Viri Voltei history. And so they just learned to accept it for what it is during those times. They did, however, find a very good use for it.

Before the late early ages, the distance the Viri Voltei could travel into the deeper parts of the sea were limited due to their electricity reserves. This caused a major problem as populations increased, pushing the lowermost class into the very fringes of the Viri An Viri's area of effect, thus causing numerous cases of Viri Voltei dying of electro-starvation. All of this changed when a certain Viri Voltei, whose name has been lost in history, developed the very first Viri Voltei-made power cord.

This device allowed electricity to be passed through the cord and into the outer fringes of the Viri An Viri's area of effect, thus preventing the lowermost class from suffering frequent electro-starvation. This however, was taken advantage of the governments and they began to monopolize the new industry, gaining them the ire of lower nobles and commoners alike. This led to numerous revolutions across the sea and the formation of a, mostly, one sea government that was made from the people, by the people and for the people.

Well, so much for that.

Next up is History, from the first tribe to the early middle ages. :)

Oh, and a map. ;)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:56:44 pm by Yuu »

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2008, 08:50:46 am »
In addition to what your going to update next, are you ever going to expand more on their religion?  Are their practices similar to any Earth religions?  And what of an afterlife?  Sorry for all these questions at once but I feel you can get a good idea of a species culture from their religious practices.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2008, 09:03:25 am »
Sure will, but thats for a not-so-later update. :) I'm gonna finish their early history first before I tackle about their belief system.

Not exactly, it's more like a philosophy.

They do believe in an afterlife. But it's not exactly an afterlife. It's more of a "waking up" sort of thing. :)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2009, 04:58:14 pm »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

:D

Viri Adinei. I'll update this later. Forgot that I have to attend to something today too. >_>

Sorry, but I'll have to delay my VV update so I could show what you guys are gonna be shooting at in the Milika-Supara War. :P No need to take blind guesses on things like that.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:56:51 pm by Yuu »

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2009, 10:47:44 am »
Yuu... DAMN YOU!!! DAMN YOU FOR MAKING THIS SOO GOOD.  :o

Seriously, I just discovered this thread, and now I can't re-attach my jaw because of all the awesomeness.

I feel like a newb now. You have me outclassed by mega parsecs sir. I haven't seen complicated like this since I studied biology.

Wow... just wow. I think I will go hide in a hole now.

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2009, 11:08:52 am »
I'm not seeing what's so awesome.  It's just a planet.

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)