Author Topic: [NG] Viri Voltei An Viri Adinei ~"Living Bodies of the Living Planet"  (Read 21669 times)

Offline nurizeko

• Battlezone Captain
  • Ske-RWOAWR! >:3
    • View Profile
Re: [NG] Viri Voltei An Viri Adinei ~"Living Bodies of the Living Planet"
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 02:01:41 pm »
Great critter, Yuu.

For the love of god, did I say It's a rippoff? Did I say I hated it because it is obviously from a game which we don't know if Yuu has even played? Quit over reacting, It's a great race, I'm just pointing out something I noticed about the race.

Moar pictures please Smiley

But it doesn't look like an adviser at all. :/

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 02:03:05 pm »
Great critter, Yuu.

For the love of god, did I say It's a rippoff? Did I say I hated it because it is obviously from a game which we don't know if Yuu has even played? Quit over reacting, It's a great race, I'm just pointing out something I noticed about the race.

Moar pictures please Smiley

But it doesn't look like an adviser at all. :/

Grublike + Tentacles, elementry my dear boy.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline nurizeko

• Battlezone Captain
  • Ske-RWOAWR! >:3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 02:54:08 pm »
How does an exoskeleton = grublike?.

;)

Plus Advisers only have one phalic like tentacle.  :D

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2008, 12:39:37 am »
Same shape, and they have tentacles.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
    • If silence is golden, then my house is pyrite
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2008, 03:59:27 pm »
Oy, Port side me lads, it's one of 'em!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 04:02:55 pm by Robertbobby91 »
Visit my blog: http://robertbobby91.blogspot.com/

SAT: Critical Reading: 680 Math: 720,  Writing: 690,  essay: 12
WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2008, 04:11:21 pm »
Oh... So... it's a giant metalic phallic shaped sea monster... We're all gonna die, then. *sips tea* Indeed.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 11:10:25 am »
Man, that is so awesome! :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Thanks Very Much!!! ;D :)

Oh... So... it's a giant metalic phallic shaped sea monster... We're all gonna die, then. *sips tea* Indeed.
lol :D it's not that big. It's just 5'7" long. :) They do look a bit phallic in some of the pics I made, but those are for the next few update, so stay tuned. ; )

Cellular Reproduction

A. Preparation Stage

The voltz is gathering the materials necessary for reproduction.

B. Expansion Stage

The Voltz An Membrane on one side of the voltz slowly deteriorated in order to allow the Vuz Tenei Microbodies to build a new section of the voltz that is large enough to house the inner-workings of a new voltz.

C. Duplication Stage

The microbodies start construction on a new voltz inside the old one. This is the time when the code inside the old Uta Zintra Data Core is copied and sent to the new one. Some variations in the code may occur during this process, which sometimes lead to useful mutations.

D. Isolation Stage

The microboies begin to seal the two voltz, isolating their contents.

E. Release Stage

The membrane that once held the two voltz together finally start to deteriorate, splitting the once single voltz into two unique individuals. Thus a new voltz is created.

Cellular Adaptations

As has been said in the previous topic, some variations in the voltz' code may occur during the Duplication Stage, which can sometimes lead to useful mutations. The ones shown above are clear examples of this process taking place.

A. Predation

This voltz has noticeably sharper Kalin Apparatuses than a regular voltz. This is because this particular voltz has learned how to acquire necessary materials through eating other voltz. By using it's Kalin Apparatuses to scrape off the skin of other voltz, it has the advantage of not just depending on filter feeding to acquire the substances it needs to survive.

B. Tapping

This voltz, on the other hand, has gained the ability to wrap it's Kury Entei Microfibers around the microfibers of other voltz. This way, the voltz can use it's prey as an extra power source, giving the voltz an extra boost of energy and increasing the voltz' potential for data processing.

C. Flagella

Just like some cells on Earth, this voltz has a flagella that it can use to propel itself through the ocean, allowing it to run away from it's predators.

D. Fusion

These voltz, due to their adaptation code, were not able to split completely, giving them an increased chance of survival because of their numbers.

E. Virus

As alive as it seems, this voltz is nothing but a mere shell of it's former existence. Due to a major flaw in it's reproduction code, this voltz lost all of it's components that made it "alive". The only thing that remains is an Uta Zintra Data Core, two electric components that sustain it's Data Core and two Kalin Apparatuses that are now used to transfer data instead of consuming food.

How does it reproduce? It doesn't. It lets others do it for it. Using it's Kalin Apparatuses to puncture a voltz' membrane, it buries itself into the voltz' control system, infecting the host's Uta Zintra Data Core with it's own data. The infected voltz then proceed to enact what is written in the code, to reproduce, rapidly. As the infected voltz reproduces, it creates copies of the virus instead of itself, creating a new generation of viral voltz.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:42:15 pm by Yuu »

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 11:26:22 am »
Hmm. Interesting. So their cells aren't just cells? They are actual creatures that just happen to live inside of the Viri Voltie?  ???

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2008, 05:12:14 am »
Close to that. :) Though the cells I'm showing currently are just the ones still in the tidepool-phase.

I'll get on to their evolutionary line in the next update. ;)

Finally! ;D

Development of Voltz An Complexity

As you can see above, this section shows how the Viri Voltae began from small groups of cells and reached it's current form. As you can see in the first and second phase, more and more voltz clump together to form larger groups of voltz both for strength and protection. In the third phase, we can finally see small shapes form as the groups of cells become larger and larger. By the fourth phase, we notice that the group of cells have finally formed a familiar worm-like structure. From here on, different creatures developed to form the many non-microscopic species of Viri Adinae.

When we reach the fifth phase, we come face to face with the more familiar looking predecessors of the Viri Voltae. Here, we can see that all the features of the Viri Voltae have finally formed. By the sixth phase, we finally see the closest ancestor of the current Viri Voltae design. The only difference being that it is shorter and has less segments than the current one.

Due to a slight error in one of the Viri Voltae's closest ancestor's conception, the mutant developed extra body segments. These turned out to be quite helpful, allowing it to travel longer distances and giving a larger energy and mineral (read: fat) storage capacity.

Next up. Making babies. :)

Reproduction

Unlike most sapient creatures, the Viri Voltae are monosexual in nature. This means that they can mate with anyone of the same species without any problems. Unlike most species who use gametes to reproduce, the Viri Voltae literally talk to each other to reproduce.

During mating, the pair copulate using their back ends. The "dominant" of the pair transfers it's genetic information to the "submissive" of the pair. During this phase, they consume a large amount of energy and are extremely vulnerable to predators. To remedy this, they mate in areas where their predators cannot reach them, usually a small cave or a crack in the ground.

After mating, the submissive mate will then combine it's genetic data with the dominant's genetic data, forming a new genetic blueprint on which to base their offspring. The submissive of the pair will then form an egg, which is usually attached to it's back end for the next three or so weeks. When it's finally time to "lay" the eggs, they build a nest and gather food for the developing young. In the more recent stages of their pre-tribal existence, they tend to form large communal nesting grounds which they protect hand-in-hand. Each egg usually contains four to five young.

After a couple or so months in the nest, the small Viri Voltae break out of their shells and start out their lives in the outside world. They will be raised and guided by their parents and close relatives until they reach adulthood, when they can finally tend for themselves.

Viri Voltae mate for life.

Above, we can see a cross section of a Viri Voltae egg. The primary shell protects the developing creatures by keeping electricity, and food in and dangerous substances out. The secondary shell, on the other hand, encases the individual Viri Voltae. This usually forms in the second week after conception and deteriorates when the Viri Voltae are about to hatch from the egg.

Here we see the different layers of the Viri Voltae. The internal mechanisms usually take shape in the first or second week after conception. Afterwards, it is covered from view by the secondary shell and is never seen again until the egg hatches. The internal mechanisms continue to develop for the next one and a half months while the dermis and exoskeleton form right between the secondary shell and the internal mechanism of the creature. Two and a half months after conception, the Viri Voltae finally hatch out of their eggs and start out their lives outside.
[/quote]

Anatomy: Reproductive System

Yeah. That's all there is. A reproductive port that could be attached to other reproductive ports. It houses the egg for the first week. Afterwards it pushes it out. When its time to detach or "lay" the egg. It simply destroys the connective tissue that grew up with the egg.

Communication

Unlike other creatures that use sound as their main for of communication, the Viri Voltae use a form of communication known as "Electro-communication". In short, Viri Voltae communicate using small rapid bursts of electricity that they release from their manipulators. It is very similar to morse code, however it involves electricity, not sound or radio waves. This however, does not mean that they cannot hear. It is just that they are very very very bad at it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:42:58 pm by Yuu »

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
    • If silence is golden, then my house is pyrite
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 01:24:56 pm »
These are so well thought out. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the government stole these designs to make a super-synthetic bug
Visit my blog: http://robertbobby91.blogspot.com/

SAT: Critical Reading: 680 Math: 720,  Writing: 690,  essay: 12
WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 06:04:47 pm »
I just popped in here and I'd like to say something.

Well done, Yuu. This creature is fantastic.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2008, 03:38:37 am »
Thank you! I'm glad you all liked it! :)

Here's another snippet of info while I draw up some of their tools.

Anatomy: Digestive System

Above is a cross-section of the Viri Voltei digestive system. One thing to take into account when studying the Viri Voltei is that it has two primary resources that it requires to keep itself alive. These are minerals and electricity. The digestive system deals with the gathering of these two resources, with it being only one of two ways with which the creature can gather electricity.

A.Hipokapae
          The Hipokapae are the seven tendrils near the mouth of the Viri Voltae. These serve both as weapons and as manipulators for the creature. You will also notice that there are small diamond-shaped blobs on the end of each hipokapae. These are called the Hipokapaedae. Small packets of magnetically attractive voltz that can be switched on and off in order to grab hold of and let go of prey and other objects. They are relatively stronger than they look, thanks to it's strong internal structure, akin to avian bones, but more flexible. It is also good to note that Viri Adinei's gravity is slightly weaker than that of Terra's, averaging at about 0.7 to 0.8G.

B.Bibae (mouth)
          Basically, it's a mouth with several muscles lining it's interior that grinds and squishes the food before sending it to the nest part of the digestive tract.

C.Hikamunae (esophagus)
          This is where the food is sent after it goes through the bibae. Just like the bibae, it grinds the food using strong muscles and hard muscular plating made of different metals.

D.Belilae (stomach)
          This is the creature's stomach. It is basically a hybrid of a stomach and a blender. It uses it's lining filled with extremely sharp blades to cut the food into small pieces that can then be sucked into the body's "supply stream" via micro phores also located in the belilae lining.

E.Havarae (rectum)
          After the food is digested in the belilae, the larger chunks that weren't completely digested end up here, before they are released via an opening which acts as their anus.

F.Pana Sentrae
          This is where all the food and energy collected from the food end up. This is basically their equivalent of a Terran lung, heart and secondary brain. From here, the food is transfered into the different parts of the body where they are digested in a microscopic level for consumption. This is also where all of the body's waste ends up. The waste that reaches the pana sentrae are then sent to the havarae for elimination.

G.Meda Sinae
          This is the creature's equivalent of the Terran main arteries and spinal cord. It carries food, energy and neural commands back and forth from the rest of the body.

Anatomy: Nervous System

A.Hipokapae
          The Hipokapae are the seven tendrils near the mouth of the Viri Voltei. These can also serve as the primary source of touch for the creature.

B.Siman Kitae
          This serves as the creature's eyes. Unlike most Terran creatures, the Viri Voltei do not have moving eyelids. Instead, they have a permanent goggle-like eyelid that continually repairs itself. Because they do not have moving eyelids, they therefore cannot blink. They could however, voluntarily disconnect their visual connections for an indefinite period of time. Unfortunately, when used very often, this could lead to permanent blindness.

C.Sena Sentrae
          This serves as the creature's brain. It controls the entire body and is also the creature's center of thought. Viri Voltae spend a four-fifths of their lives using half of their brain and turning off the other. They then spend the remaining fifth of their lives asleep.

D.Meda Sinae (upper)
          This is basically, the Viri Voltei version of a Terran spinal cord.

E.Medra Sivalitei
          This is where electricity from the Seda Sivalitei go to before being distributed to the Sena Sentrae and the Meda Sinae

F.Seda Sivalitei
          This is the creature's primary sensors of electrical impulses, making it the Viri Voltei's "ear". It is also it's primary source of electricity.

G.Pana Sentrae
          (see above.)

H.Meda Sinae (lower)
          This is basically, the Viri Voltei version of a Terran spinal cord.

Anatomy: Locomotive Nervous System

A.Sena Sentrae
          (see above.)

B.Meda Sinae (upper)
          (see above.)

C.Pana Sentrae
          (see above.)

D.Meda Sinae (lower)
          (see above.)

F.Kogo Perei
          These are the nerves used to send messages to the two back fins used by the Viri Voltei to steer it's movement. What's interesting about this creature is that it has a limited mind of it's own which it uses to steer the back fins when the creature is asleep.

Anatomy: Radiator System

Just as the name implies, this is the system that regulates the body's temperature.

A.Dano Harutei Cooling Vessels
          These vessels contain a cooling agent that regulates the body's temperature. They then transfer the heat to the Lavo Harutei Bodies which then release the heat outside the body.

B.Lavo Harutei Bodies
          These are the body's way of releasing the heat produced by the body's internal activity. When the body pushes itself to the limit, these could get very hot and would feel very painful. Viri Voltei usually don't stress themselves too much, in order to avoid this burning sensation.

Next update: tools
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:49:14 pm by Yuu »

Offline KingAcer

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2008, 03:40:18 am »
Wow, great job on these guys Yuu! You really put a lot of thought in them  :D

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2008, 04:53:31 am »
I swear, the anatomy pictures make your creature look like a giant penis...

But other then that, it's pretty good.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2008, 05:22:24 am »
               Thanks, KA! :) I'll have their tools up by tomorrow, hopefully. So check it out, mmmkay? Hope you make an NG too, when you're free. :) Good luck on the game! :)

I swear, the anatomy pictures make your creature look like a giant alien penis...

Fixed. ;) ;D Yeah, I kinda noticed too when I made a bird's-eye-view sketch of them once. :)

I'm also gonna turn them into walking giant alien penises...

... some time soon...

... I promise, I'll try... >.>