Author Topic: [NG] Viri Voltei An Viri Adinei ~"Living Bodies of the Living Planet"  (Read 21648 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Viri Voltei
Living Bodies

Artificial Utopian Monarchy

The Viri Voltei are a race of silicometallic creatures that reside on the planet Viri Adinei in the Viri system, located near the edge of the galaxy.

Creature sheet:

(Section 1 -- Biology)

Type                 : Aquatic (natural), Urban (current)
Appearance           : Artificial
Gravity preferences  : 0.7 to 0.8 g
Temperature pref.    : 20 to 23 C
Atmosphere breathed  : None
Body cover           : plates (carbon-fiber/steel)
Body color           : blue-violet (top), black (bottom)
Hair                 : None
Hair color           : None
Eyes                 : Single, Permanently Lidded, Sunken, Luminous, Round Pupil,
Eyes color           : Green (lid), Purple (pupil)
Body characteristics : Tail, Trunk, Antennae, Tentacles
Diet                 : Petravore (minerals), Mechavore (other metallic creatures), Direct Energy Intake (electricity)
Sexual reproduction  : Sexual (no gender), Asexual
Reproduction method  : Eggs
Limb 1 : Tentacle
Limbs pair n 1 : Tentacles
Limbs pair n 2 : Tentacles
Limbs pair n 3 : Fins
Mass :  310 kg
Size :  170 cm

(Section 2 -- Culture)

Attributes:
  Militancy       : 10
  Determination   : 15
  Racial tolerance: 18
  Progressivness  : 13
  Loyalty         : 20
  Social cohesion : 20 (liberal caste system)
  Art             : 13
  Individualism   : 1
  Body            : 12
  Mind            : 30 (natural), 60 (augmented)
  Speed           : 14
  Lifespan        : 50 years (natural), indefinite (current)
  Tech level      : 8

(Section 3 -- Government and Religion)

Government type   : Artificial Utopian Monarchy
Religion          : Simulationism (The universe is an extremely complex chain of multi-level simulations.)
Devotion          : Very high

(Section 4 -- Extra things you should know)

Special abilities:

Special Abllities:
 -Ambidexterous
 -Bicephalous (One brain, One or more sub-brains)
 -Bonus skills
   Merchant
   Pilot
   Computer
 -Bloodless
 -Cold Sensitivity
 -Color blind
 -Cybernetics
 -Dampen
 -Dependency (Electricity)
 -Disease Tolerance
 -Eidetic memory
 -EM imaging
 -Fast recovery (Easily recovers from surgery)
 -Field sense
 -Heartless
 -Heat sensitivity
 -Light sleeper
 -Manual Dexterity
 -Night Vision
 -No Sense of smell/taste
 -Odious racial habit (Electrophilia)
 -Poor hearing
 -Quick maturity
 -Racial memory (Partial)
 -Regeneration
 -Sealed system
 -Spectrum vision

Chemical Biology

Unlike most creatures in the galaxy, the creatures on Viri Adinei are silicon based, with a high concentration of metals. Moreover, creatures that live on Viri Adinei do not have any DNA or other organic compounds. Probably the most interesting thing about Adineian creatures is that they require electricity to survive.

"Cellular" Anatomy

In this section, we shall tackle the structure of Adineian cells, or as they call them in these parts, "voltz".

The Membrane

A. Voltz An Membrane

Unlike creatures from other planets, the creatures on Viri Adinei have a very different kind of membrane. A carbon fiber/steel composite one.

The cells on Viri Adinei have membranes made of a mix of steel and carbon fiber, giving them a very strong yet light and flexible structure that is able to regulate the amount of electricity that enters the cell or voltz.

The Digestive System

Just like other kinds of life, life on Viri Adinei also need to eat. But unlike others, they eat a very different material. Metals. They do this in order to repair or replace damaged parts and build new parts when the voltz is ready to reproduce.

B. Kalin Apparatus (input)

Iron, Gold and other kinds of metals are consumed through this part of the cell. This is done through a complex series of electric passageways that, when certain parts are exposed to electric current, produce varying magnetic effects that twist and pull small bits of metal into the voltz' interior.

C. Kal Ada Belt

Acting like a cellular supply-line, the Kal Ada Belt is a set of two very thin metallic threads that carry raw material from the Kalin Apparatus to the different parts of the voltz' interior using the same process used in current-day magnetically propelled railway systems. That is, the belt rapidly turns small magnetic fields on and off in order to move raw materials to their assigned locations.

The belt is also responsible for carrying waste products out of the Voltz.

D. Kalin Apparatus (output)

What comes in must come out. The Kalin Apparatus is responsible for carrying used material out of the body. These "raw materials" could also be ejected at high speeds in other to propel the voltz forward.

The Electrical System

Unlike lifeforms on other planets, the creatures of Viri Adinei are very different in that they require electricity to survive.

E. Kury Entei Microfibers

These fibers serve as conductors of electricity. They then transfer the electricity that they receive to the...

F. Kury Ivon Power-cells

These power-cells distribute electricity throughout the Voltz' interior, making sure that everything receives the necessary amount of electricity in order to function.

In every regular voltz, there are always two Kura Ivon power-cells that are in charge of giving power to the voltz' central control system. These two power-cells always have a certain power-chord attached to them, and these power-chords are the...

G. Kury Dala Power-chords

These "chords" are responsible for carrying electricity to the central control system, thus insuring the continued operation of the entire voltz.

The Repair/Construction System

H. Vuz Tenei Microbodies

The Vuz Tenei Microbodies are the voltz' personal "construction team", used to repair and to construct new parts of the voltz. They get the raw materials needed to do this be getting it from the voltz' Kal Ada Belt. Waste materials and damaged parts are also sent to the belts to be expelled, while some are recycled within the belt itself.

The microbodies are controlled by the voltz' central control system.

I. Construction

As you can see, this Vuz Tenei Microbody is currently constructing a new Kalin Apparatus, which means that this voltz is preparing for reproducrion.

The Central Control System

J. Kury Alen Control Nodes

Kury Alen Control Nodes are responsible for giving commands to the voltz' Vuz Tenei Microbodies. This is done by releasing small bursts of electricity that the microbodies receive when they come in contact with the nodes. Every command begins with a microbody coming in contact with a node, the node then sends a signal to the microbody. The microbody executes the command then returns to the nodes for further commands.

K. Lei Dala Microchords

Small chord-like structures connecting the Kury Alen Control Nodes to the Uta Lav System Core. They are responsible for carrying the core's commands to the nodes. They are also the ones that supply it with electricity to function.

L. Uta Lav System Core

The Uta Livei System Core is the voltz' equivalent of a brain. They are responsible for controlling the functions of every single of the voltz' component.

M. Uta Zintra Data Core

On Viri Adinei, DNA does not exist. Instead, Adineian creatures use a complex matrix of microscopic computer chip-like "boards" located at the center of each voltz, essentially performing the same function that DNA has in organic creatures. These boards store and process information just like any other regular computer chip, except for the fact that it is more efficient and more flexible due to it's built-in "adaptation" codes, which in the long run, allow for extremely drastic changes to occur within the creature.

Tools

Medieval Battle Armor

Power

Rusting

Fan Art Corner

Thanks, Robertbobby91! These pics are awesome! ;D 8)

« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:27:41 am by Yuu »

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Re: [NG] (unnamed as of now)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 06:15:55 am »
No DNA? Then how does the cells split?
@davidramnero

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 06:18:52 am »
No DNA? Then how does the cells split?
Maybe they don't have cells? =P

Anyway, people really should first have some information about their creatures before they post 'em, which makes it easier for us BS-Checkers to check... ::)
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 06:24:52 am »
Yea, you'll have to explain a whole lot before this can even be considered to be accepted.
@davidramnero

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 08:12:33 am »
I just made the thread for now, no need to BS check it yet. :)

I'll post it after I finish my interview tomorrow.

Offline nurizeko

• Battlezone Captain
  • Ske-RWOAWR! >:3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 09:27:23 am »
Those front tendrils look a bit weak to manipulate anything, but I dunno the gravity of its environment, it looks nice though. :)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 01:23:43 pm »
Thats a nice Combine Advisor you've got there. ;D
the real saviour of this forum

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 02:16:19 am »
SBD wishes to advise that he does not endorse the content of the following message.

sltlamina says: if you guys are promoting original creature designs shouldn't you bear in mind that Deoxyribonucleic acid will most likely not be the only way for genetic information to be held and passed on? Maybe by no DNA Yuu is getting at they don't follow true to our, Earth's creatures. After all, they are silicon based.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 06:15:51 am »
*At the risk of setting off an off topic discussion, LadyM wishes to advice that sltlamina's comments not be posted through a third party. Any future comments will be edited out.*

Nice picture Yuu. It's cool looking.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 07:14:27 am »
For the love of god, did I say It's a rippoff? Did I say I hated it because it is obviously from a game which we don't know if Yuu has even played? Quit over reacting, It's a great race, I'm just pointing out something I noticed about the race.

Moar pictures please :)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
Re: [NG] Viri Voltei An Viri Adinei ~"Living Bodies of the Living Planet"
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 08:42:33 am »
I played HL2 once, but my PC lagged too much. So I had to remove it. :'( :'(

Oh well. :D

Updated. :)

Thanks, everyone, for your comments. :) Greatly appreciated. :)

There is a constant flow of electricity in the sea that they live in. I'll explain why later. Other than that, is there any other problem with my creature? :-\

If so, please post.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 09:03:52 am »
I think you did a good job on explaining this Yuu! With no DNA I thought you meant anything DNA like, like they had no "blueprints" for their cells. xD However there are a few things that I think should be explained;

You say the cell wall is very hard, how does it reproduce then? You show a new cell building inside this oone so I asume it uses binary fission, but how does this new cell "get out" of the old cell?

Also, this seems to work like a typical 1st line macro consumer, spending most time eating. Why would it need to evolve intellegence at the level of sapience?

How does it communicate?
@davidramnero

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 09:51:20 am »
Hmm. At first I thought to myself, "Oh no another person trying to make another realistic silicon based, non-DNAish creature!"

Reading your information, though, I must admit that it DOES seem quite well done. I retract my earlier statement of suckiness, and replace it with coolness. Good work.  :)

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 10:15:18 am »
Looks nice now. I'll add it to the index.
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Neoskel

• Omega Racer
  • Wait, shouldn't there be 2 per larva?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 11:30:24 am »
I suppose the 'cells' or voltz would be much larger than organic cells because of the larger elements used in their construction?

Do the Viri Volei have specialized cells/voltz that have different organelles?

What is the gold used for?

How are the cells connected? How flexible is the membrane?

Very interesting stuff there.  ;)

Offline nurizeko

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2008, 02:01:41 pm »
Great critter, Yuu.

For the love of god, did I say It's a rippoff? Did I say I hated it because it is obviously from a game which we don't know if Yuu has even played? Quit over reacting, It's a great race, I'm just pointing out something I noticed about the race.

Moar pictures please Smiley

But it doesn't look like an adviser at all. :/

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2008, 02:03:05 pm »
Great critter, Yuu.

Moar pictures please Smiley

But it doesn't look like an adviser at all. :/

Grublike + Tentacles, elementry my dear boy.

Offline nurizeko

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2008, 02:54:08 pm »
How does an exoskeleton = grublike?.

;)

Plus Advisers only have one phalic like tentacle.  :D

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2008, 12:39:37 am »
Same shape, and they have tentacles.

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
    • If silence is golden, then my house is pyrite
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2008, 03:59:27 pm »
Oy, Port side me lads, it's one of 'em!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 04:02:55 pm by Robertbobby91 »
Visit my blog: http://robertbobby91.blogspot.com/

SAT: Critical Reading: 680 Math: 720,  Writing: 690,  essay: 12
WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2008, 04:11:21 pm »
Oh... So... it's a giant metalic phallic shaped sea monster... We're all gonna die, then. *sips tea* Indeed.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 11:10:25 am »
Man, that is so awesome! :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Thanks Very Much!!! ;D :)

Oh... So... it's a giant metalic phallic shaped sea monster... We're all gonna die, then. *sips tea* Indeed.
lol :D it's not that big. It's just 5'7" long. :) They do look a bit phallic in some of the pics I made, but those are for the next few update, so stay tuned. ; )

Cellular Reproduction

A. Preparation Stage

The voltz is gathering the materials necessary for reproduction.

B. Expansion Stage

The Voltz An Membrane on one side of the voltz slowly deteriorated in order to allow the Vuz Tenei Microbodies to build a new section of the voltz that is large enough to house the inner-workings of a new voltz.

C. Duplication Stage

The microbodies start construction on a new voltz inside the old one. This is the time when the code inside the old Uta Zintra Data Core is copied and sent to the new one. Some variations in the code may occur during this process, which sometimes lead to useful mutations.

D. Isolation Stage

The microboies begin to seal the two voltz, isolating their contents.

E. Release Stage

The membrane that once held the two voltz together finally start to deteriorate, splitting the once single voltz into two unique individuals. Thus a new voltz is created.

Cellular Adaptations

As has been said in the previous topic, some variations in the voltz' code may occur during the Duplication Stage, which can sometimes lead to useful mutations. The ones shown above are clear examples of this process taking place.

A. Predation

This voltz has noticeably sharper Kalin Apparatuses than a regular voltz. This is because this particular voltz has learned how to acquire necessary materials through eating other voltz. By using it's Kalin Apparatuses to scrape off the skin of other voltz, it has the advantage of not just depending on filter feeding to acquire the substances it needs to survive.

B. Tapping

This voltz, on the other hand, has gained the ability to wrap it's Kury Entei Microfibers around the microfibers of other voltz. This way, the voltz can use it's prey as an extra power source, giving the voltz an extra boost of energy and increasing the voltz' potential for data processing.

C. Flagella

Just like some cells on Earth, this voltz has a flagella that it can use to propel itself through the ocean, allowing it to run away from it's predators.

D. Fusion

These voltz, due to their adaptation code, were not able to split completely, giving them an increased chance of survival because of their numbers.

E. Virus

As alive as it seems, this voltz is nothing but a mere shell of it's former existence. Due to a major flaw in it's reproduction code, this voltz lost all of it's components that made it "alive". The only thing that remains is an Uta Zintra Data Core, two electric components that sustain it's Data Core and two Kalin Apparatuses that are now used to transfer data instead of consuming food.

How does it reproduce? It doesn't. It lets others do it for it. Using it's Kalin Apparatuses to puncture a voltz' membrane, it buries itself into the voltz' control system, infecting the host's Uta Zintra Data Core with it's own data. The infected voltz then proceed to enact what is written in the code, to reproduce, rapidly. As the infected voltz reproduces, it creates copies of the virus instead of itself, creating a new generation of viral voltz.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:42:15 pm by Yuu »

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 11:26:22 am »
Hmm. Interesting. So their cells aren't just cells? They are actual creatures that just happen to live inside of the Viri Voltie?  ???

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2008, 05:12:14 am »
Close to that. :) Though the cells I'm showing currently are just the ones still in the tidepool-phase.

I'll get on to their evolutionary line in the next update. ;)

Finally! ;D

Development of Voltz An Complexity

As you can see above, this section shows how the Viri Voltae began from small groups of cells and reached it's current form. As you can see in the first and second phase, more and more voltz clump together to form larger groups of voltz both for strength and protection. In the third phase, we can finally see small shapes form as the groups of cells become larger and larger. By the fourth phase, we notice that the group of cells have finally formed a familiar worm-like structure. From here on, different creatures developed to form the many non-microscopic species of Viri Adinae.

When we reach the fifth phase, we come face to face with the more familiar looking predecessors of the Viri Voltae. Here, we can see that all the features of the Viri Voltae have finally formed. By the sixth phase, we finally see the closest ancestor of the current Viri Voltae design. The only difference being that it is shorter and has less segments than the current one.

Due to a slight error in one of the Viri Voltae's closest ancestor's conception, the mutant developed extra body segments. These turned out to be quite helpful, allowing it to travel longer distances and giving a larger energy and mineral (read: fat) storage capacity.

Next up. Making babies. :)

Reproduction

Unlike most sapient creatures, the Viri Voltae are monosexual in nature. This means that they can mate with anyone of the same species without any problems. Unlike most species who use gametes to reproduce, the Viri Voltae literally talk to each other to reproduce.

During mating, the pair copulate using their back ends. The "dominant" of the pair transfers it's genetic information to the "submissive" of the pair. During this phase, they consume a large amount of energy and are extremely vulnerable to predators. To remedy this, they mate in areas where their predators cannot reach them, usually a small cave or a crack in the ground.

After mating, the submissive mate will then combine it's genetic data with the dominant's genetic data, forming a new genetic blueprint on which to base their offspring. The submissive of the pair will then form an egg, which is usually attached to it's back end for the next three or so weeks. When it's finally time to "lay" the eggs, they build a nest and gather food for the developing young. In the more recent stages of their pre-tribal existence, they tend to form large communal nesting grounds which they protect hand-in-hand. Each egg usually contains four to five young.

After a couple or so months in the nest, the small Viri Voltae break out of their shells and start out their lives in the outside world. They will be raised and guided by their parents and close relatives until they reach adulthood, when they can finally tend for themselves.

Viri Voltae mate for life.

Above, we can see a cross section of a Viri Voltae egg. The primary shell protects the developing creatures by keeping electricity, and food in and dangerous substances out. The secondary shell, on the other hand, encases the individual Viri Voltae. This usually forms in the second week after conception and deteriorates when the Viri Voltae are about to hatch from the egg.

Here we see the different layers of the Viri Voltae. The internal mechanisms usually take shape in the first or second week after conception. Afterwards, it is covered from view by the secondary shell and is never seen again until the egg hatches. The internal mechanisms continue to develop for the next one and a half months while the dermis and exoskeleton form right between the secondary shell and the internal mechanism of the creature. Two and a half months after conception, the Viri Voltae finally hatch out of their eggs and start out their lives outside.
[/quote]

Anatomy: Reproductive System

Yeah. That's all there is. A reproductive port that could be attached to other reproductive ports. It houses the egg for the first week. Afterwards it pushes it out. When its time to detach or "lay" the egg. It simply destroys the connective tissue that grew up with the egg.

Communication

Unlike other creatures that use sound as their main for of communication, the Viri Voltae use a form of communication known as "Electro-communication". In short, Viri Voltae communicate using small rapid bursts of electricity that they release from their manipulators. It is very similar to morse code, however it involves electricity, not sound or radio waves. This however, does not mean that they cannot hear. It is just that they are very very very bad at it.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:42:58 pm by Yuu »

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2008, 01:24:56 pm »
These are so well thought out. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the government stole these designs to make a super-synthetic bug

WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2008, 06:04:47 pm »
I just popped in here and I'd like to say something.

Well done, Yuu. This creature is fantastic.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2008, 03:38:37 am »
Thank you! I'm glad you all liked it! :)

Here's another snippet of info while I draw up some of their tools.

Anatomy: Digestive System

Above is a cross-section of the Viri Voltei digestive system. One thing to take into account when studying the Viri Voltei is that it has two primary resources that it requires to keep itself alive. These are minerals and electricity. The digestive system deals with the gathering of these two resources, with it being only one of two ways with which the creature can gather electricity.

A.Hipokapae
          The Hipokapae are the seven tendrils near the mouth of the Viri Voltae. These serve both as weapons and as manipulators for the creature. You will also notice that there are small diamond-shaped blobs on the end of each hipokapae. These are called the Hipokapaedae. Small packets of magnetically attractive voltz that can be switched on and off in order to grab hold of and let go of prey and other objects. They are relatively stronger than they look, thanks to it's strong internal structure, akin to avian bones, but more flexible. It is also good to note that Viri Adinei's gravity is slightly weaker than that of Terra's, averaging at about 0.7 to 0.8G.

B.Bibae (mouth)
          Basically, it's a mouth with several muscles lining it's interior that grinds and squishes the food before sending it to the nest part of the digestive tract.

C.Hikamunae (esophagus)
          This is where the food is sent after it goes through the bibae. Just like the bibae, it grinds the food using strong muscles and hard muscular plating made of different metals.

D.Belilae (stomach)
          This is the creature's stomach. It is basically a hybrid of a stomach and a blender. It uses it's lining filled with extremely sharp blades to cut the food into small pieces that can then be sucked into the body's "supply stream" via micro phores also located in the belilae lining.

E.Havarae (rectum)
          After the food is digested in the belilae, the larger chunks that weren't completely digested end up here, before they are released via an opening which acts as their anus.

F.Pana Sentrae
          This is where all the food and energy collected from the food end up. This is basically their equivalent of a Terran lung, heart and secondary brain. From here, the food is transfered into the different parts of the body where they are digested in a microscopic level for consumption. This is also where all of the body's waste ends up. The waste that reaches the pana sentrae are then sent to the havarae for elimination.

G.Meda Sinae
          This is the creature's equivalent of the Terran main arteries and spinal cord. It carries food, energy and neural commands back and forth from the rest of the body.

Anatomy: Nervous System

A.Hipokapae
          The Hipokapae are the seven tendrils near the mouth of the Viri Voltei. These can also serve as the primary source of touch for the creature.

B.Siman Kitae
          This serves as the creature's eyes. Unlike most Terran creatures, the Viri Voltei do not have moving eyelids. Instead, they have a permanent goggle-like eyelid that continually repairs itself. Because they do not have moving eyelids, they therefore cannot blink. They could however, voluntarily disconnect their visual connections for an indefinite period of time. Unfortunately, when used very often, this could lead to permanent blindness.

C.Sena Sentrae
          This serves as the creature's brain. It controls the entire body and is also the creature's center of thought. Viri Voltae spend a four-fifths of their lives using half of their brain and turning off the other. They then spend the remaining fifth of their lives asleep.

D.Meda Sinae (upper)
          This is basically, the Viri Voltei version of a Terran spinal cord.

E.Medra Sivalitei
          This is where electricity from the Seda Sivalitei go to before being distributed to the Sena Sentrae and the Meda Sinae

F.Seda Sivalitei
          This is the creature's primary sensors of electrical impulses, making it the Viri Voltei's "ear". It is also it's primary source of electricity.

G.Pana Sentrae
          (see above.)

H.Meda Sinae (lower)
          This is basically, the Viri Voltei version of a Terran spinal cord.

Anatomy: Locomotive Nervous System

A.Sena Sentrae
          (see above.)

B.Meda Sinae (upper)
          (see above.)

C.Pana Sentrae
          (see above.)

D.Meda Sinae (lower)
          (see above.)

F.Kogo Perei
          These are the nerves used to send messages to the two back fins used by the Viri Voltei to steer it's movement. What's interesting about this creature is that it has a limited mind of it's own which it uses to steer the back fins when the creature is asleep.

Anatomy: Radiator System

Just as the name implies, this is the system that regulates the body's temperature.

A.Dano Harutei Cooling Vessels
          These vessels contain a cooling agent that regulates the body's temperature. They then transfer the heat to the Lavo Harutei Bodies which then release the heat outside the body.

B.Lavo Harutei Bodies
          These are the body's way of releasing the heat produced by the body's internal activity. When the body pushes itself to the limit, these could get very hot and would feel very painful. Viri Voltei usually don't stress themselves too much, in order to avoid this burning sensation.

Next update: tools
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:49:14 pm by Yuu »

Offline KingAcer

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2008, 03:40:18 am »
Wow, great job on these guys Yuu! You really put a lot of thought in them  :D

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2008, 04:53:31 am »
I swear, the anatomy pictures make your creature look like a giant penis...

But other then that, it's pretty good.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2008, 05:22:24 am »
               Thanks, KA! :) I'll have their tools up by tomorrow, hopefully. So check it out, mmmkay? Hope you make an NG too, when you're free. :) Good luck on the game! :)

I swear, the anatomy pictures make your creature look like a giant alien penis...

Fixed. ;) ;D Yeah, I kinda noticed too when I made a bird's-eye-view sketch of them once. :)

I'm also gonna turn them into walking giant alien penises...

... some time soon...

... I promise, I'll try... >.>

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2008, 02:18:44 pm »

God forgive me for these lame words:

Are you going to make them meet the little blue ******don?

WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2008, 03:13:30 pm »
Wow Yuu, I probably shouldn't say this, but this is now my favourite NG creature of all! It is so unique, but still so thought through and detailed it feels real and yea, If everyone were like you me and Flisch wouldn't have any bs'ing to do at all. GREAT SUCESS!
@davidramnero

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2008, 05:22:36 am »
Wow thanks! I didn't expect them to be that great. :) Well, thanks guys for all the comments! ;D

God forgive me for these lame words:

Are you going to make them meet the little blue ******don?

Err no? But the thing is, they were not alone. ;)

Above: A bird's eye view picture captured by one of the Viri Voltei's very first scouting missions sent to the surface.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:49:57 pm by Yuu »

Offline KingAcer

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2008, 09:09:17 am »
               Thanks, KA! :) I'll have their tools up by tomorrow, hopefully. So check it out, mmmkay? Hope you make an NG too, when you're free. :) Good luck on the game! :)
I still have to do a lot of stuff and I'm not feeling very inspired lately, but I already have some plans for the NG and I'm still going to work on the Oohm. Don't know how long it will take me though, that's always a surprise with me  ;)
I'll be watching though.
Ehm...Good luck on what game by the way?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2008, 06:27:11 am »
Never mind about that last part, KA. Sorry, I got a bit confused back there. :D

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2008, 06:17:50 pm »
ausome

WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2008, 05:57:37 am »
... I'll have their tools up by tomorrow, hopefully...

Wow, Valve Time much? :P

Umm, okay, here it goes...

Crops: Kari

Before we begin, there is one important thing that we should remember about the plants of Viri Adinei. The plants in Viri Adinei, unlike most plants on Terra, do not use photosynthesis at all, but instead get their energy from the sea's relatively large supply of electricity, which we will explore later on. So okay. Now that we've cleared that up, let's go on ahead.

That plant you see above is none other than the Kari plant. It is the Terran equivalent of a hybrid wheat and potato plant. And just like their Terran counterparts, they are the modern Viri Voltei's primary source of food. But it wasn't always like this. You see, back then, the Viri Voltei we're a hunter gatherer society. But as they got smarter, they discovered that farming would be a much more productive, if not more stable way of getting food. And so, they slowly developed the art of farming and breeding. And after countless cycles of trial and error, they were finally able to get what they wanted. A fast growing growing, high yielding crop that doesn't just taste good, but also contains a very generous amount of minerals that the Viri Voltei need in their everyday diet, the modern Kari plant.

Cattle: Migara

This is the Migara. The Adineian equivalent of the Terran sheep. But unlike sheep, it has one extra function. It is, oddly enough, a very good source of mid to high grade construction material. You see, unlike most other species in the family that the Viri Voltei belonged to, the migaras' Seda Sivalitei hardened to form large spikes that function as protection for it's eggs. But now that they have been tamed by the Viri Voltei, they now mostly serve as the Adineian equivalent of lumber and iron. Though, it still helps a lot when it comes to fending off predators that might want to take a bit on them while their Migarakei (Shepherd) aren't looking.

A very neat trick is to rub your Hipokapae against a tool made of Migara An Seda Sivalitei while releasing a small magnetic current in order to magnetize it. The now magnetized tool can now be used in the same way that Terrans use magnetized tools. There were also rumors of individuals who could imbue such a strong magnetic force to blades made of Seda Sivalitei that it becomes lethal, aka Magnetic Blades. But then again, that's just a rumor so we really don't know whether these "Magnetic Blades" are true or not.

Moving on.

<!> Keep this and all other tools away from children's reach at all times. <!>

Tools: Kemanuda

This is the Kemanuda. As you can see, it's form is similar to that of a squid. But unlike the squid, it has another use other than for food. The Viri Voltei use it like people would use a clamp. This is because of the extremely strong gripping power of it's fins, which it used to catch it's prey with in the wild. Since it's domestication, breeders have striven to create stronger Kemanuda with greater levels of stamina.

An interesting fact about Kemanudas is that they can also be used as hooks when tied to the end of a rope.

Tools: Gupinuda

The Gupinuda is a close relative of the Kemanuda. But unlike it's cousin, it is far more dangerous to handle. That is because unlike the Kemanuda, the Gupinuda are more akin to shears than clamps. Using it's sharp blade-like fins, it could cut through most materials easily, making it an ideal tool for carpentry and for farming.

An interesting fact about Gupinudas is that in early times, some Viri Voltei created a breed of Gupinudas so large, it was used more like a paddle-board than a pair of scissors. And yes, it was used for war.

Tools: Solederairu

The Solederairu are a very interesting species in that they have a very interesting way of dealing with creatures that want to harm them. They cauterize them.

So basically, this is the equivalent of a Terran blow torch. A very useful thing when you're living underwater and want to weld things together. Be careful, though, as they are not only hot, they are also quite sharp. Which is probably why a larger breed was used by the early military.

Beast of Burden: Higati Voltei

Literally "Large Bodies", these creatures were the Viri Voltei's primary form of inter-city transportation in early times. They also served as mobile fortresses in times of war.

Here we can see a Higati Voltei carrying a building full of passengers on it's back.

Example

Here is an example of how each creature is used in Viri Voltei society.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:50:53 pm by Yuu »

Offline Oshaberi

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Logically.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2008, 08:59:03 am »
That's a cool idea, that all the tools are living creatures. Can the Viri Voltei use them in their natural form, or do they have to sedate them or something? I'd hate to have one of those things squirming around in my hand, especially that Gupinuda.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2008, 12:53:36 pm »
What program do you use to make your pictures with?  Also, so far these are my favorite NG creature :).
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2008, 07:22:55 pm »
That's a cool idea, that all the tools are living creatures. Can the Viri Voltei use them in their natural form, or do they have to sedate them or something? I'd hate to have one of those things squirming around in my hand, especially that Gupinuda.

They don't necessarily sedate them. They're domesticated forms of their wild relatives, just like how dogs are referred to as domesticated forms of wolves in Terra. What makes the Viri Voltei form of taming unique though, is the fact that a.) the creatures are treated more like pets than tools and b.) the hipokapae of the Viri Voltei can release a small amount of electromagnetic force, which they can use to somehow take advantage of the creatures' reflexes, making the kemanuda close it's fins and the solederairu activate their stinger-like hipokapae. Though, just like modern Terran equipment, they have to rest and recharge, so it's pretty good to have at least a dozen or so of these guys if you're working on a big project, like building a small shelter.

What program do you use to make your pictures with?  Also, so far these are my favorite NG creature :).

MS PowerPoint.  :)

Thanks for the compliments guys! :) I'll try and make the next update sooner. :)

EDIT: Here it is. :)

Terrestrial Battle Armor

This is a common version of the armor used by the Viri Voltei in the middle ages. It is complete with six wheel drive all terrain wheels, a Hydrogen grenade launcher, a close quarter combat blade, a helmet, an elementary radar system and a two way radio.

The soldier operates this suit by using the touch pads on both sides of the helmet's horn-like protrusions for maneuvering and the console on the left for the weapons and other equipment.

Arial Battle Armor

This is a common version of the armor used by the Viri Voltei in the middle ages during aerial combat. It is complete with two high-powered VTOL propellers, a high accuracy Hydrogen shell launcher, an elementary radar system, a two way radio and stealth armor.

The soldier operates this suit by using the touch ball on the right for maneuvering and the console on the left for the weapons and other equipment.

EDIT: Second update :D

Power

In this section, we will finally find out the cause of the large presence of electricity in the seas of Viri Adinei. Truly, the one factor which separates most other forms of life from the life forms of Viri Adinei is the fact that they apparently run on electricity. Now, electricity can't just sprout out of nowhere. It has to come from somewhere. But where exactly?

What you see here is not a plant or an animal. This is a power line, or as the Viri Voltei call it, the Viri An Viri or "lives of lives". A very fitting name, for without it, it would have been impossible for the Viri Voltei and in fact, for any life form native to Viri Adinei to have ever survived. The exact origins of these giant tunnels of electricity remained a mystery for much of Viri Voltei history. And so they just learned to accept it for what it is during those times. They did, however, find a very good use for it.

Before the late early ages, the distance the Viri Voltei could travel into the deeper parts of the sea were limited due to their electricity reserves. This caused a major problem as populations increased, pushing the lowermost class into the very fringes of the Viri An Viri's area of effect, thus causing numerous cases of Viri Voltei dying of electro-starvation. All of this changed when a certain Viri Voltei, whose name has been lost in history, developed the very first Viri Voltei-made power cord.

This device allowed electricity to be passed through the cord and into the outer fringes of the Viri An Viri's area of effect, thus preventing the lowermost class from suffering frequent electro-starvation. This however, was taken advantage of the governments and they began to monopolize the new industry, gaining them the ire of lower nobles and commoners alike. This led to numerous revolutions across the sea and the formation of a, mostly, one sea government that was made from the people, by the people and for the people.

Well, so much for that.

Next up is History, from the first tribe to the early middle ages. :)

Oh, and a map. ;)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:56:44 pm by Yuu »

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2008, 08:50:46 am »
In addition to what your going to update next, are you ever going to expand more on their religion?  Are their practices similar to any Earth religions?  And what of an afterlife?  Sorry for all these questions at once but I feel you can get a good idea of a species culture from their religious practices.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2008, 09:03:25 am »
Sure will, but thats for a not-so-later update. :) I'm gonna finish their early history first before I tackle about their belief system.

Not exactly, it's more like a philosophy.

They do believe in an afterlife. But it's not exactly an afterlife. It's more of a "waking up" sort of thing. :)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2009, 04:58:14 pm »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

:D

Viri Adinei. I'll update this later. Forgot that I have to attend to something today too. >_>

Sorry, but I'll have to delay my VV update so I could show what you guys are gonna be shooting at in the Milika-Supara War. :P No need to take blind guesses on things like that.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:56:51 pm by Yuu »

Offline Jack Zetter

• Robotron Automaton
  • For Life and Freedom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2009, 10:47:44 am »
Yuu... DAMN YOU!!! DAMN YOU FOR MAKING THIS SOO GOOD.  :o

Seriously, I just discovered this thread, and now I can't re-attach my jaw because of all the awesomeness.

I feel like a newb now. You have me outclassed by mega parsecs sir. I haven't seen complicated like this since I studied biology.

Wow... just wow. I think I will go hide in a hole now.

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2009, 11:08:52 am »
I'm not seeing what's so awesome.  It's just a planet.

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2009, 11:12:20 am »
I'm not seeing what's so awesome.  It's just a planet.
*Facepalm*
Look at the rest of the topic, you fool!
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2009, 04:25:40 am »
Warning! Giant Wall of Text Ahead!

Early History

A: Lansa An Zintra
               B: Lansa An Di Kila
               C: Hila Ana An Zintra (above) and Kalu Ana An Zintra (below)
               D: Zintra Lansa An No Kalu Ana An Zintra
               E: Failed Expeditions
               F: No Zintra Lansa An Hila Ana An Zintra
              G: Zintra Lansa An Ana An Vira
               H: Padisat An Ligi An Hila
               I: Zintra Lansa An Padisat An Hila Ana An Zintra
               J: To No Kalu Ana An Zintra Territory
               K: First Viri-Voltei-made Power Cord

Above is a map of the oldest inhabited region of Viri Adinei, Desonei An Viri Voltei, the "Cradle of the Viri Voltei." It is located at the western part of Viri Tubidei, Viri Adinei's one and only large body of water.

The Viri Voltei spent most of their early history establishing themselves almost solely in this region. The earliest recorded permanent settlement in the region is located just beside the eastern part of the Bulge of Kulni, or known in Viri Voltei language as Magdei An Kulni. It dates back to as far as 5000 VI (Vago Isano) and is by far the home of the oldest known group of Viri voltei to have been recorded to practice agriculture. Zintra (Center), the name of the settlement, wasn't only known for agriculture, however. They were also known for their skill in the arts of Taho (weaving), Vanda (blacksmithing) and large-scale Aho (domestication).

As the city of Zintra grew, it peacefully absorbed all surrounding settlements which were established not long after it. Eventually, by 4800 VI, Zintra became large enough that it was divided into numerous districts, forming the very first, and oldest, full-fledged Viri Voltei city: Lansa An Zintra (City of Center).

Unfortunately, as with all large civilizations, someone will eventually become discontent with the government and eventually spark a rebellion. By approximately 4650 VI, a noble by the name of Tubidei An Viri Voltei An Lansa An Zintra An Viri Adinei An Maga Saisei An Viri Malikei An Viri Kalawakinei led several of the absorbed tribes to rebel against the current ruler, Kana An Zintra An Viri Voltei An Lansa An Zintra An Viri Adinei An Maga Saisei An Viri Malikei An Viri Kalawakinei. The uprising was a failure and the offending tribes were exiled into the wilderness. But this wasn't the last that the people of Lansa An Zintra would see of them.

For several decades, the exiles slowly made their way eastward, pushed aside by the constant expansion of Lansa An Zintra. By approximately 4520 VI, the exiles, now calling themselves Miltei An Zintra (Forgotten of Zintra), began migrating deeper and deeper into Kanho An Di Kila (Valley of Unknown). According to ancient findings, as the Miltei went deeper and deeper into the valley, they wrote accounts of becoming more and more resistant to fatigue. Scientists theorize that this is due to the large concentration of powerlines decorating the sides of the valley, thus causing the surrounding area to have a greater than normal supply of breathable electricity. Regardless of whether this had any considerable effect or not, the Miltei eventually ended up establishing their own city in the deepest parts of the valley, annexing all surrounding tribes, which they have termed "Veivos," or savages.

By approximately 4400 VI, Lansa An Di Kila (City of the Unknown), has become just as, or even more advanced than the now "Padisat An Zintra," or Zintra Empire. While still not nearly in possession of as large a territory or as many a soldiers as the Zintra Empire, the new city state made up for it with their undoubtedly superior technology, being the first to magnetize their melee weapons and some heavy armor and breed Gupinuda and Solederairu specifically for war, and greater individual prowess, both physically and intellectually. As tensions slowly rose between the two opposing civilizations, it was only a matter of time before war finally broke out between the two of them.

By approximately 4250 VI, under the command of Pitano Tubidei An Viri Voltei An Padisat An Di Kila An Viri Adinei An Saka Orasei An Viri Malikei An Viri Kalawakinei, the gerakei (soldiers) of Lansa An Di Kila began their attack on the eastern most parts of the Zintra Empire, annexing it and spreading propaganda to it's people. By approximately 4200 VI, thanks to superior technology, strategy and tactics, the Empire of Zintra was no more. It's citizens, now under the rule of Volono Tubidei An Viri Voltei An Lansa An Di Kila An Viri Adinei An Gera Orasei An Viri Malikei An Viri Kalawakinei, are mostly treated as second class, only slightly higher than veivos, which the Di Kila have so far enslaved. The only exceptions of this are the families of some Zintra who married into the vast harems of the Di Kila nobility. The current war may have ended with the fall of the Zintra Empire. However, this was by far not the last war that would shake the very foundations of Viri Voltei civilization.

By 4120 VI, two cities, Hila Ana An Zintra (Northern Son of Zintra) and Kalu Ana An Zintra (Western Son of Zintra), began establishing themselves on the southern edge of Vanet An Layo (Stretch of Distance) and the central part of Magdei An Kulni, respectively. The cities were composed mostly of Zintra refugees and veivos who escaped the Di Kila, and were both led by descendants of the late king of Zintra. They have not forgotten the atrocities that the Di Kila have committed against their fathers, and so they swore vengeance. But not at that moment, for the Di Kila Empire was, without a doubt, still in it's prime.

By 3900 VI, the people of Kula Ana, threatened by the ever present western expansion of the Di Kila Empire, began moving westward and westward until they finally reached the western parts of Magdei An Kulni, where they finally settled down once again and eventually named themselves No Kalu Ana An Zintra. Life in Hila Ana, on the other hand, was relatively quite stable compared to their counterparts in the south, seeing little to know signs of Di Kila expansion on their side of civilization.

Eventually, advancements in technology and the promise of bountiful resources prompted the Di Kila to not just expand along the coastline, but also to other regions of Viri Tubidei. This, however, proved to be too difficult even for their level of technology, as anyone who attempted to cross the vastness of the deep waters, where sources of electricity were almost nonexistent, were never heard from again.

Ignoring these shortcomings, the Di Kila began a massive expansion operation towards the north. This prompted the Hila Ana to move their people further north to avoid a possible war for territory, which they shall certainly lose. By 3770 VI, the Hila Ana have settled down once again and created a new capital just south of Topei An Migara (Gate of Sheep), No Zintra Lansa An Hila Ana An Zintra (New Capital of the Northern Son of Zintra). By this time, due to the Di Kila's recent craze for expansion, some of the No Kalu Ana nobility decided to yet again migrate farther and farther away from the rest of civilization. By 3610 VI, the pioneers finally settled down near the southern tip of the region, where they met the already established descendants of a crew of Di Kila explorers, mostly veivos, who rebelled against their officers and decided to stay where they were now. They became a great ally to the No Kalu Ana pioneers and, soon after, they began establishing a new civilization together, the Ana An Vira (Sons of Freedom).

It was 3460 VI by now and the No Kalu Ana An Zintra have all but been annexed by the Di Kila after a sudden declaration of war by Dalano Pantei An Viri Voltei An Padisat An Di Kila An Viri Adinei An Pantei Orasei An Viri Malikei An Viri Kalawakinei. To combat the Di Kila threat, the now Padisat An Hila Ana moved their capital some distance north of Topei An Migara, a natural chokepoint formed by the lack of sufficient electrical sources, and began construction on a massive defensive formation that would be known to all present viri voltei as Padisat An Ligi An Hila (Imperial Wall of the North). By 3410 VI, the wall was complete and proved to be a successful line of defense after the first and second failed attempts of breaching it by the Di Kila, which happened between 3965 and 3963 VI.

Soon after their two consecutive defeats at Padisat An Ligi An Hila, the Di Kila shifted their attention towards the more vulnerable Ana An Vira, which not long ago began their great migration to the west, in search of a place where their expansion will not be hindered by the Padisat An Di Kila.

By 3610 VI, the relationship between the three empires have more or less reached a point of stability. There have been no major wars since the Di Kila's third, and yet again, failed attempt at breaching Padisat An Ligi An Hila in 3829 VI. What worried the Di Kila at this time was not the notion of their two enemies invading them, but the notion of something far more devastating to their glorious empire: Overpopulation.

As population increased, the lower-class, and some of the middle-class were slowly pushed into the very fringes of breathable land, thus causing numerous cases of zintra and veivos dying of electro-starvation. All of this changed, however, when a certain viri voltei, whose name has been lost in history, developed the very first Viri Voltei-made power cord in 3780 VI. It was at this date that the Early Ages officially ended, and the Middle Ages officially began.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 01:38:45 pm by Yuu »

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2009, 04:15:35 am »
Just discovered these guys. Loving 'em!
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2010, 07:31:45 pm »

Rusting

When Viri Adineian cells, known as Voltz, don't repair their membranes regulary, they undergo a process known to humans as "rusting." When this is not remedied immediately, the rust will eventually take over the entire voltz, reducing it to a pile of oxidized raw materials.

Older lifeforms tend to have a more difficult time repairing their skin, which eventually reaches a point where old creatures, including Viri Voltei, literally "rust to death." Thus when a Viri Voltei dies, it is not uncommon for it to undergo a process to prevent it from rusting very quickly, the Viri Voltei version of embalming and mummification.

This is also the source of the Viri Adineian saying: "From rust... To rust..."

Luckily, however, as technology progressed, the Viri Voltei finally found a way to counteract the rusting process via the use of nanotechnology, thus rendering their lifespan indefinite.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2010, 12:40:43 am »
What a coincidence.

>_>

<_<

No really, I formulated this quite a long time ago, but just decided to post it right now after finding it in my folder.

>_>

<_<

Language

Viri Voltei language is constructed on the principle that surrounds the nature of electricity. You see, Viri Voltae communicate using small rapid bursts of electricity that they release from their manipulators. The rate of electric flow from each of these bursts produce meanings, similar to how the tonal languages of Terra function. The language generally functions like Morse code, however it involves electricity, rather than sound or radio waves.

It is good to remember, however, that just because Viri Voltei communicate via this method does not mean that they are deaf. It is just that they have quite the difficulty hearing verbally spoken words.

For your convenience, below is a rather crude representation of the Viri Voltei language translated to the Latin alphabet.

Y + a

Y + i

Y + u

Y + e

Y + o
A

=

=

=

=

=

A

I

U

E

O

a + a

a + i

a + u

a + e

a + o

i + i

i + u

i + e

i + o

u + u

u + e

u + o

e + e

e + o
B

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

B

C

D

F

G

J

K

P

Q

S

T

V

X

Z

o + a

o + i

o + u

o + e

o + o

o + o + o

o + o + o + o
C

=

=

=

=

=

=

=

H

L

M

N

W

R

Y

Where:

A = Vowel Equivalents

B = Hard Consonant Equivalents

C = Soft Consonant Equivalents
     Y = Extremely High Rate

a = Very High Rate

i  = High Rate

u = Moderate Rate

e = Low Rate

o = Very Low Rate

So, "Viri Voltei" would be transliterated as "uo-Yi-ooo-Yi uo-Yo-oi-ue-Ye-Yi" and "Hello World" as "oa-Ye-oi-oi-Yo oo-Yo-ooo-oi-au".

Storing Literature

Analyzing their environment, one would to come to the conclusion that it is extremely difficult to record Viri Voltei language using written form. Which is true.

Thus, the Viri Voltei do not have, in their possession, an alphabet, or any written form of language, for that matter.

"Watcha talkin' 'bout Yuu?", some may ask. Well, to put it simply, they don't have to do so in the first place. Using their eidetic memory, Viri Voltei can store and catalog large volumes of data inside their noggins. There was actually a profession which basically acts as libraries for many towns and villages.

However, time passed and someone finally realized the value of unbiased information. Using his common sense, which was rather hard to find back then, the dude realized that using multiple people and cross-matching their memories just didn't cut it when it comes to ensuring zero bias when storing records. As he was an inventor, he took it upon himself to discover a way to store literature accurately.

After an undisclosed time, the guy discovered that you can store data by precisely applying magnetism on the brains of other living things, with Viri Adinei's plant analogues, being capable of storing data more stably than it's animal analogues. Eventually, he perfected the art and introduced it to the masses.

Unfortunately, the guys who just lost their jobs to his invention weren't so happy about how things were going. But, eh, who cares? At least the people now have the equivalent of the Gutenberg Press, which did A LOT to improve the quality of education of the general populace.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2010, 01:26:30 am »
As promised...

Sorry if it's a bit late.

Hope you like it.

Simulationism

The Viri Voltei believe in a system called Simulationism. They believe that existence is made up of multiple levels of simulations, and that their universe is sandwiched somewhere in between.

Try and visualize an infinitely regressing matryoshka doll. That's basically it.

Anyways, the Viri Voltei believe that sentience is a bridge that can be used as a medium to connect two adjacent universes together. They believe that their current life is only a dream, with their true forms located somewhere in the universe that simulates the one they're currently experiencing. Actually, they think that this can happen multiple times, allowing someone to live a life within a simulation within a simulation within a simulation within a simulation, and so on.

There is also a Viri Voltei belief that if one were to discover the reality of the universe that simulates the current one, one would be able to manipulate it, to an extent. To put it bluntly, Viri Voltei think it's all just a big, all encompassing dream. And that when you start to enter a lucid state, you gain psychic powers.

In the Alpha Cluster timeline, the Viri Voltei that encountered, and reverse engineered, the Aiueo believe that this is how they got their psychic powers.

As for death, the Viri Voltei view it as a time when a person will finally wake up from the current simulation they are dwelling in. It is, however, still a matter of debate as to the ultimate fate of those who have experienced this "waking up" phase.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:28:54 am by Yuu »

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2010, 04:25:07 pm »
That's a pretty ridiculous-sounding belief, but at least it's not as crazy as some other wacko religions. To tell the truth, I was hoping that they had seen the Holy Truth of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Ah well, looks like they'll remain untouched by his Noodly Appendage.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2010, 12:50:46 am »
Hey, at least they're closer to the truth, what with the AC and everything else in the forums merely existing inside one of SMF's many servers. ;)