Author Topic: [NG] Viri Voltei An Viri Adinei ~"Living Bodies of the Living Planet"  (Read 21151 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Viri Voltei
Living Bodies

Artificial Utopian Monarchy

The Viri Voltei are a race of silicometallic creatures that reside on the planet Viri Adinei in the Viri system, located near the edge of the galaxy.

Creature sheet:

(Section 1 -- Biology)

Type                 : Aquatic (natural), Urban (current)
Appearance           : Artificial
Gravity preferences  : 0.7 to 0.8 g
Temperature pref.    : 20 to 23 C
Atmosphere breathed  : None
Body cover           : plates (carbon-fiber/steel)
Body color           : blue-violet (top), black (bottom)
Hair                 : None
Hair color           : None
Eyes                 : Single, Permanently Lidded, Sunken, Luminous, Round Pupil,
Eyes color           : Green (lid), Purple (pupil)
Body characteristics : Tail, Trunk, Antennae, Tentacles
Diet                 : Petravore (minerals), Mechavore (other metallic creatures), Direct Energy Intake (electricity)
Sexual reproduction  : Sexual (no gender), Asexual
Reproduction method  : Eggs
Limb 1 : Tentacle
Limbs pair n 1 : Tentacles
Limbs pair n 2 : Tentacles
Limbs pair n 3 : Fins
Mass :  310 kg
Size :  170 cm

(Section 2 -- Culture)

Attributes:
  Militancy       : 10
  Determination   : 15
  Racial tolerance: 18
  Progressivness  : 13
  Loyalty         : 20
  Social cohesion : 20 (liberal caste system)
  Art             : 13
  Individualism   : 1
  Body            : 12
  Mind            : 30 (natural), 60 (augmented)
  Speed           : 14
  Lifespan        : 50 years (natural), indefinite (current)
  Tech level      : 8

(Section 3 -- Government and Religion)

Government type   : Artificial Utopian Monarchy
Religion          : Simulationism (The universe is an extremely complex chain of multi-level simulations.)
Devotion          : Very high

(Section 4 -- Extra things you should know)

Special abilities:

Special Abllities:
 -Ambidexterous
 -Bicephalous (One brain, One or more sub-brains)
 -Bonus skills
   Merchant
   Pilot
   Computer
 -Bloodless
 -Cold Sensitivity
 -Color blind
 -Cybernetics
 -Dampen
 -Dependency (Electricity)
 -Disease Tolerance
 -Eidetic memory
 -EM imaging
 -Fast recovery (Easily recovers from surgery)
 -Field sense
 -Heartless
 -Heat sensitivity
 -Light sleeper
 -Manual Dexterity
 -Night Vision
 -No Sense of smell/taste
 -Odious racial habit (Electrophilia)
 -Poor hearing
 -Quick maturity
 -Racial memory (Partial)
 -Regeneration
 -Sealed system
 -Spectrum vision

Chemical Biology

Unlike most creatures in the galaxy, the creatures on Viri Adinei are silicon based, with a high concentration of metals. Moreover, creatures that live on Viri Adinei do not have any DNA or other organic compounds. Probably the most interesting thing about Adineian creatures is that they require electricity to survive.

"Cellular" Anatomy

In this section, we shall tackle the structure of Adineian cells, or as they call them in these parts, "voltz".

The Membrane

A. Voltz An Membrane

Unlike creatures from other planets, the creatures on Viri Adinei have a very different kind of membrane. A carbon fiber/steel composite one.

The cells on Viri Adinei have membranes made of a mix of steel and carbon fiber, giving them a very strong yet light and flexible structure that is able to regulate the amount of electricity that enters the cell or voltz.

The Digestive System

Just like other kinds of life, life on Viri Adinei also need to eat. But unlike others, they eat a very different material. Metals. They do this in order to repair or replace damaged parts and build new parts when the voltz is ready to reproduce.

B. Kalin Apparatus (input)

Iron, Gold and other kinds of metals are consumed through this part of the cell. This is done through a complex series of electric passageways that, when certain parts are exposed to electric current, produce varying magnetic effects that twist and pull small bits of metal into the voltz' interior.

C. Kal Ada Belt

Acting like a cellular supply-line, the Kal Ada Belt is a set of two very thin metallic threads that carry raw material from the Kalin Apparatus to the different parts of the voltz' interior using the same process used in current-day magnetically propelled railway systems. That is, the belt rapidly turns small magnetic fields on and off in order to move raw materials to their assigned locations.

The belt is also responsible for carrying waste products out of the Voltz.

D. Kalin Apparatus (output)

What comes in must come out. The Kalin Apparatus is responsible for carrying used material out of the body. These "raw materials" could also be ejected at high speeds in other to propel the voltz forward.

The Electrical System

Unlike lifeforms on other planets, the creatures of Viri Adinei are very different in that they require electricity to survive.

E. Kury Entei Microfibers

These fibers serve as conductors of electricity. They then transfer the electricity that they receive to the...

F. Kury Ivon Power-cells

These power-cells distribute electricity throughout the Voltz' interior, making sure that everything receives the necessary amount of electricity in order to function.

In every regular voltz, there are always two Kura Ivon power-cells that are in charge of giving power to the voltz' central control system. These two power-cells always have a certain power-chord attached to them, and these power-chords are the...

G. Kury Dala Power-chords

These "chords" are responsible for carrying electricity to the central control system, thus insuring the continued operation of the entire voltz.

The Repair/Construction System

H. Vuz Tenei Microbodies

The Vuz Tenei Microbodies are the voltz' personal "construction team", used to repair and to construct new parts of the voltz. They get the raw materials needed to do this be getting it from the voltz' Kal Ada Belt. Waste materials and damaged parts are also sent to the belts to be expelled, while some are recycled within the belt itself.

The microbodies are controlled by the voltz' central control system.

I. Construction

As you can see, this Vuz Tenei Microbody is currently constructing a new Kalin Apparatus, which means that this voltz is preparing for reproducrion.

The Central Control System

J. Kury Alen Control Nodes

Kury Alen Control Nodes are responsible for giving commands to the voltz' Vuz Tenei Microbodies. This is done by releasing small bursts of electricity that the microbodies receive when they come in contact with the nodes. Every command begins with a microbody coming in contact with a node, the node then sends a signal to the microbody. The microbody executes the command then returns to the nodes for further commands.

K. Lei Dala Microchords

Small chord-like structures connecting the Kury Alen Control Nodes to the Uta Lav System Core. They are responsible for carrying the core's commands to the nodes. They are also the ones that supply it with electricity to function.

L. Uta Lav System Core

The Uta Livei System Core is the voltz' equivalent of a brain. They are responsible for controlling the functions of every single of the voltz' component.

M. Uta Zintra Data Core

On Viri Adinei, DNA does not exist. Instead, Adineian creatures use a complex matrix of microscopic computer chip-like "boards" located at the center of each voltz, essentially performing the same function that DNA has in organic creatures. These boards store and process information just like any other regular computer chip, except for the fact that it is more efficient and more flexible due to it's built-in "adaptation" codes, which in the long run, allow for extremely drastic changes to occur within the creature.

Tools

Medieval Battle Armor

Power

Rusting

Fan Art Corner

Thanks, Robertbobby91! These pics are awesome! ;D 8)

« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 01:27:41 am by Yuu »

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Re: [NG] (unnamed as of now)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 06:15:55 am »
No DNA? Then how does the cells split?
@davidramnero

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 06:18:52 am »
No DNA? Then how does the cells split?
Maybe they don't have cells? =P

Anyway, people really should first have some information about their creatures before they post 'em, which makes it easier for us BS-Checkers to check... ::)
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 06:24:52 am »
Yea, you'll have to explain a whole lot before this can even be considered to be accepted.
@davidramnero

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 08:12:33 am »
I just made the thread for now, no need to BS check it yet. :)

I'll post it after I finish my interview tomorrow.

Offline nurizeko

• Battlezone Captain
  • Ske-RWOAWR! >:3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 09:27:23 am »
Those front tendrils look a bit weak to manipulate anything, but I dunno the gravity of its environment, it looks nice though. :)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 01:23:43 pm »
Thats a nice Combine Advisor you've got there. ;D
the real saviour of this forum

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2008, 02:16:19 am »
SBD wishes to advise that he does not endorse the content of the following message.

sltlamina says: if you guys are promoting original creature designs shouldn't you bear in mind that Deoxyribonucleic acid will most likely not be the only way for genetic information to be held and passed on? Maybe by no DNA Yuu is getting at they don't follow true to our, Earth's creatures. After all, they are silicon based.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2008, 06:15:51 am »
*At the risk of setting off an off topic discussion, LadyM wishes to advice that sltlamina's comments not be posted through a third party. Any future comments will be edited out.*

Nice picture Yuu. It's cool looking.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 07:14:27 am »
For the love of god, did I say It's a rippoff? Did I say I hated it because it is obviously from a game which we don't know if Yuu has even played? Quit over reacting, It's a great race, I'm just pointing out something I noticed about the race.

Moar pictures please :)
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
Re: [NG] Viri Voltei An Viri Adinei ~"Living Bodies of the Living Planet"
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2008, 08:42:33 am »
I played HL2 once, but my PC lagged too much. So I had to remove it. :'( :'(

Oh well. :D

Updated. :)

Thanks, everyone, for your comments. :) Greatly appreciated. :)

There is a constant flow of electricity in the sea that they live in. I'll explain why later. Other than that, is there any other problem with my creature? :-\

If so, please post.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2008, 09:03:52 am »
I think you did a good job on explaining this Yuu! With no DNA I thought you meant anything DNA like, like they had no "blueprints" for their cells. xD However there are a few things that I think should be explained;

You say the cell wall is very hard, how does it reproduce then? You show a new cell building inside this oone so I asume it uses binary fission, but how does this new cell "get out" of the old cell?

Also, this seems to work like a typical 1st line macro consumer, spending most time eating. Why would it need to evolve intellegence at the level of sapience?

How does it communicate?
@davidramnero

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2008, 09:51:20 am »
Hmm. At first I thought to myself, "Oh no another person trying to make another realistic silicon based, non-DNAish creature!"

Reading your information, though, I must admit that it DOES seem quite well done. I retract my earlier statement of suckiness, and replace it with coolness. Good work.  :)

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 10:15:18 am »
Looks nice now. I'll add it to the index.
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Neoskel

• Omega Racer
  • Wait, shouldn't there be 2 per larva?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2008, 11:30:24 am »
I suppose the 'cells' or voltz would be much larger than organic cells because of the larger elements used in their construction?

Do the Viri Volei have specialized cells/voltz that have different organelles?

What is the gold used for?

How are the cells connected? How flexible is the membrane?

Very interesting stuff there.  ;)