Author Topic: The New Territories - The last battle for identity (RP) [Discussion]  (Read 1428 times)

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
The last solely-Urshan cultural reserve was sadly not even on Urshan soil. The Reg conquered territories, also known as the new-territories, were the only place Urshans still saw themselves as Urshans and not as members of the union multi-culture. Once ruled by the hated fanatical Regs, later conquered in a great crusade, these territories were never the center of Urshan culture. Instead generations of different refugees came to this area each looking for their own salvation. First were the troopers that were left behind after the war, then came the rise fanatics and missionaries the majority of the Urshan population in the area, then came the political Urshan refugees leaded by the once banished emperor, and finally came the HC refugees fleeing their own homes. The new territories could be seen as the last heaven in this dark war-torn part of the galaxy. For years they lacked the pollution and political rivalries that were so common among the union planets. Huge open plains covered with ruins of Reg buildings and new rise temples built upon them with an abundant of food, planets with no poverty whatsoever, and a general sense of freedom where government control was truly lacking yet crime was just unneeded.

But not all is perfect in heaven. Since the rise of the high command millions of refugees fled to the this new heaven bringing the new union culture with them. Values of racial equality that the fanatical rise church fought against started merging in. New gods to prey for, new languages to speak, new types of food and entrainment, all torn the very fabric of the old society. Will this last haven for old faiths survive? This last field of battle was seen by many as the one that will truly predict the future of the union as a united or separated nation or nations.

Rules:
* Everyone can join!

* Create a character. Must play a union or former union member race or the local Regs. There are generally two factions in this RP, the uni-cultural and multi-cultural supporters. Uni-cultural are supporters of a united union with a united culture and values while the multi-cultural will be those who follow the old cultural ways of their races wishing to make the union something more of an alliance again where all races live in their own societies in their own worlds.     

* For more information on the scene for those of you who aren’t that familiar with the union please PM me and I’ll do my best to help you get to know the basics. It’s really important for me that others could join this RP as well, I hate that we are always seen as eltists and I really see it as a mission to change that helping others join our beautiful galaxy as well,

More will be revealed if I’ll see enough people are interested in joining.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 11:42:34 am by BioCat »

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
Re: The New Territories - The last battle for identity (Union RP)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 11:31:55 am »
Hajian Martó was the elder brother of famous singer and politician Jalaine Martó, but had never achieved any kind of stardom. Born to middle-class parents, he had been raised a firm supporter of both King and Union, and saw them both as a key to a prosperous future. He had been born in the Cassius cluster, but moved to Vii Deux early on. Here, he went to a United School, a popular type of school on Vii Deux and Trois (the other major world in the system). The school encouraged working together and gave education at the level the child required.

His father had been steadily promoting within the corporations on Vii Deux, and at the age of 16, they moved into the Ulian Estates, special villas commissioned by the King for important Yunimius. The Estates took up several islands, and were considered a fine example of United Architecture, showing many Auyuelcliad and Urshan influences in a primarily Yunimius sector.

When he became older, he graduated from Vii University, but things went downhill from here. He lost any job he got, and got addicted to strange Thooni drugs. Though he overcame his addiction, he had disappointed his parents, and decided to put things right. So he travelled to the former Reg worlds, to use some of his inheritance to set up a nightlife business there.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: The New Territories - The last battle for identity (Union RP)
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 11:37:11 am »
Bio, can there be a different faction, consisting of the ones that don't totally agree with both? ???

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
Of course, but this is the main subject this RP will deal with. Having a mixed opinion is more than welcomed though :).