Author Topic: Unique Forum...Stuff  (Read 20931 times)

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
Re: Unique Forum...Stuff
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2013, 09:08:42 am »
Wait, so is this all just to keep Celdur away?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2013, 09:37:40 am »
Not Dutch enough.

EDIT: Fixed.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 09:41:26 am by Brandonazz »

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2013, 02:21:50 pm »
I'm Dutchier than you.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2013, 04:33:33 pm »
I like orange.  What color would you prefer?

Sure it's the orange making you go blind?

Black on Orange or something. Not white on orange. Alternatively white on a dark color like black, blue, etc.

its just hard to read those types of colors.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2013, 05:03:16 pm »
Where is there orange on white, though? Black and orange is mostly what I see. White on orange is also perfectly legible.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Gec

• Defender Devotee
  • I dig 'em.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2013, 05:25:15 pm »
I can read it just fine. Unless you're really sensitive to the color orange, well that's unfortunate.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2013, 09:33:04 am »
Full disclosure: I hate this new color scheme; it's awful, makes my eyes bleed, and I want to kill myself. But whatever, I can manage.

There is one problem that should be checked on, though. And I think resolving this will make things a lot better. The difference in color between posts isn't large enough. The Babylon theme that I used to use had a very distinct color difference between consecutive posts. It alternated from white to gray. This new color scheme does alternate, but the colors are a little too similar.

Do you think you could increase the difference between the colors of posts? It would make the forum much easier to read. Out on the individual section pages sticky topics are an orange color and are very easy to tell from non-stickies. A degree of difference like that would be great.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2013, 01:23:59 pm »
Same here.

Shade's way too similar.

As far as yellow is concerned, I've always had problems reading it so it's not much of an issue for me.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2013, 05:35:24 pm »
Take a screenshot of the home page and highlight/show what you want changed...
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2013, 11:45:40 pm »
Where is there orange on white, though? Black and orange is mostly what I see. White on orange is also perfectly legible.

Hyperlinks are all orange so if you highligh over a title you cannot read it.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2013, 04:51:59 am »
The design was carefully selected and adjusted. I wanted something that was "different", went with the overall colors of the site (finding white, black, and orange is NOT easy) and yet was clean and simple to use.

Yeah it's a bit harsh compared to the old "default" site and layout, but that was sort of the point.

The main text area is still white and simple to read and more or less hasn't changed, it's just the headers and highlight colors that changed a bit, but's actually more or less the same site as before.

Did anyone notice/try the Facebook, G+ or Twitter buttons on the first post? Anyone want to give those a try?  :)

I didn't notice but went back and looked and did a test tweet. It works.

Forum looks good, colors are fine, change is always takes time to adjust. Thanks for doing it and for moving Spore to the bottom.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2013, 06:34:28 am »
Full disclosure: I hate this new color scheme; it's awful, makes my eyes bleed, and I want to kill myself. But whatever, I can manage.

There is one problem that should be checked on, though. And I think resolving this will make things a lot better. The difference in color between posts isn't large enough. The Babylon theme that I used to use had a very distinct color difference between consecutive posts. It alternated from white to gray. This new color scheme does alternate, but the colors are a little too similar.

Do you think you could increase the difference between the colors of posts? It would make the forum much easier to read. Out on the individual section pages sticky topics are an orange color and are very easy to tell from non-stickies. A degree of difference like that would be great.

Perhaps, it's not just changing the background color (which would be simple) but changing some graphic files as well. Also there isn't just one grey color to deal with, there are multiple greys that have to be calibrated -- the two different background greys, the quite grey, the header for the quote grey, and the background for the forum. If I go "too far" with one color it will mess up the others.

I'm also not seeing the same things people are talking about. The links are orange for me and easy to see both normal and when you rollover (the color doesn't change). I see differences it the post colors, and so forth. My monitor is extremely accurate so perhaps on other monitors the subtitle differences between the colors aren't coming through as much...
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2013, 07:07:56 am »
Right, you're not gonna do anything. Understood.

It looks alright, I'm sure I'll get used to it as I use it more.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2013, 08:17:32 am »
Right, you're not gonna do anything. Understood.

It looks alright, I'm sure I'll get used to it as I use it more.

Wow, that is harsh. I've been installing and updating a new theme for you to choose from this morning... But I guess I'll do nothing instead.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2013, 08:24:50 am »
That's a bit babyish. >_>

Forgive me if I've gotten used to... nothing. It's just a little odd and sudden to see all these changes without really knowing what your goal is. Why the push all of a sudden to change things and get stuff going? What do you intend to do? Is this going to lead to anything? It'd be nice if you didn't just up and vanish again. We like it when you're here. And it's disappointing every time you disappear.