Author Topic: Spore Expansions  (Read 6023 times)

Offline Zamaza

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Daydreaming at Night
    • View Profile
Re: Spore Expansions
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 11:59:29 pm »
While I do agree with many of your comments there, remember that a player can NOT choose to go forward and STAY in any of the phases (aparently).

Not to be a grammar nazi, but he meant "remember that a player can choose not to go forward"... the way it was phrased kinda confused me for a bit. Only correcting 'cause people tend to get misinformed and go crazy.

I personally plan on spending ample amounts of extra time in each phase just my first run through. I wonder if there's a limit on how big your tribe can get? Maybe just a limit on how much your little village can support.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 12:02:55 am »
While I do agree with many of your comments there, remember that a player can "NOT choose to go forward" and STAY in any of the phases (aparently). So the game does not allways have to stop at the space stage. I personaly am a big fan of populous (even though I never played it that much) and would love to spend lots of time in tribal. Getting to know my tribe and explore the world as one people.

Fixed  >:(

You smegging grammer nazi!

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 07:02:34 am »
While the constant drive for survival and global supremecy is fine, I'd like to be able to take some time out and actually play with my creatures. For instance, Spore has a prime oppertunity to introduce a little fishing mini game. Maybe they can add little things for your creatures too. Catch the biggest fish, your creature gets awarded a little trophy from the village. Or maybe your creature pulls up a boot (hat? Shirt? Whatever) It would be kind of funny to see it take the item home, place it on its hut, or be walking around wearing one boot. A fishing mini game might even expand the player base. Seems like there's a fishing mini game in every JRPG, maybe they're huge over there or something. Who knows?
But basically, I want mini games.

Offline Axelgear

• Fooblitzky Fooble
    • View Profile
    • Axel's Playground
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 07:32:50 am »
Great ideas, Axel!

Thank you. It's the end result of having Origin of Species being your only reading material for weeks...  ;D

Here i found a good screen shot where a creator named "Editor Dan" made alot of earth animals such as a lobster, cobra and elephant.

[IMG]

Thanks Hydro, I'd never seen this one before. Still, I'd like to see more prehistoric animals for my tastes. Anomalocaris is my favourite right now...

No matter what you're exuse is, this has been discussed more times than i have fingers on both of my hands. This is the fantazillion edition of the same topic...

You say that like I need an excuse, really. I admit, there's no way I can do this without looking bad, really. If I post in the other thread, it will be mocked as Grave Digging, and will slowly die. If I start a new one, which may spur newer people to look, it will be mocked as the remake of another topic. In truth, I just wanted to get ideas out there, and this has already garnered some interest. If you don't want to read this topic, you're welcome not to click the link into it. Simple as that.

Axelgear, you should know this with 1800+ post on your conscience.

Of course I do. I even acknowledged this in the first post. What's your point?
Axel's Playground - Come see what I'm playing with today.