Author Topic: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Spoilers)  (Read 9425 times)

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
Re: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (Spoilers)
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 09:44:15 am »
*SPOILER WARNING*

Well that was pretty good, but it just didn't have the same vibe to it as the original trilogy had. I think I would rate it higher then Temple of Doom but lower (maybe just a bit) then the other two. I am somewhat annoyed, because a few days beforehand these two little brat school kids where discussing the movie for the whole bus to hear, and mentioned the the fact that the skull was alien. That kinda ruined it for me.

Eh, as soon as I saw the mummy at the begining, I was all like, "that looks like an alien".  The first sighting of the skull decided it for me.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 03:46:31 pm »
I liked most of it; classic adventure. the Alien thing was just a little too iffy for me.

like it was said eairlier, Indiana Jones is adventure-fantasy , not Adventure sci-fi, and thats the main problem with this movie.

I like how they whent back to that room we had seen in the first movie; the Arc cameo was fun. nothing beats the origional, I guess.....
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2008, 07:24:40 am »
I really liked the movie, but right away I knew there'd be people complaining about the aliens.  Like Patman said, that isn't exactly unsual for Indiana Jones, the pervious movies had just as many far fetched ideas, and the theories about Aliens helping the Mayans and other ancinent civilisations wasn't completely made up by the movie, all these theories about the crystal skulls and aliens have been around for a very long time, and personally I loved seeing them in the movie, and it didn't seem at all out of place to me, it's all part of mythology, and again, the previous movies all had just as many strange myths come to pass as this one did.

Not the best Indy movie, but certainly better than the Temple of Doom and perhaps even the first.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2008, 10:21:45 pm »
slightly off topic, but is the new game going to be on PC or just ps3 and 360?

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 10:39:04 pm »
I saw the movie and liked it. The only part i didn't like was

SPOILER

how the russian woman who was chasing them just kinda disintegrated. That and how Indy's son knew how to swing on vines like tarzan.

END SPOILER
Other than that, great movie.

They're collectible! Sorta...

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2008, 12:41:19 pm »
I really liked the movie, but right away I knew there'd be people complaining about the aliens.  Like Patman said, that isn't exactly unsual for Indiana Jones, the pervious movies had just as many far fetched ideas, and the theories about Aliens helping the Mayans and other ancinent civilisations wasn't completely made up by the movie, all these theories about the crystal skulls and aliens have been around for a very long time, and personally I loved seeing them in the movie, and it didn't seem at all out of place to me, it's all part of mythology, and again, the previous movies all had just as many strange myths come to pass as this one did.

I agree with you, but I'm just saying it didn't have the right vibe to it.

Also, at that vine part, I was so hoping the monkeys would attack him or something and then we get to carry on the Jones family tradition of severe animal related phobias.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2008, 07:30:19 pm »
Monkeys? I hate monkeys.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 04:45:54 am »
I'll agree there, that one part with the monkeys felt very off to me.  But I'd still say that it's the one part of the movie I didn't like.

And the Angry Videogame Nerd has put up his review of the movie, I think it's pretty fair.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ER-CyEBjIxA

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 06:53:24 pm »
Monkeys? I hate monkeys.

"Why'd it have to be monkeys" doesn't have the same ring to it.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2008, 11:33:41 pm »
Apparently Speilburg is planning a spin-off with Mutt as the main character and Indy in a supporting role. Personally, I think they should just finish Indy on a high point. It was good while it lasted but a spin-off will just ruin it.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 01:46:08 am »
I saw this movie last Friday.

Man, this movie sucked.

They repeated the same moments from other Indy movies, they have a stupid kid who they are now going to make new Indy films with, IT HAD ALIENS!
All this movie was, was a transition so they can make new Indy films with a new main actor.

Crap Crap Crap, and more Crap!

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 10:26:50 am »
What's wrong with aliens again? It explains several of those myths. It wasn't a sci-fi-adventure movie, because the actual aliens didn't really pop up too much.
They're collectible! Sorta...

Offline Sasha

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2008, 11:14:42 am »
I loved it  ;D

Some stuff was pretty obvious. Mainly mutt being indy's kid(I mean, how many movies have had the same idea?), the part where they go down to find the alien's skull inside of the Spaniard's tomb(hasn't Indy figured out by then that anytime he makes a major discovery the Nazis, the Russians or any other villian is expecting him outside of the said tomb ;D? )

that part where Marion tells Indy mutt is his son was again, pretty easy to see it was coming. Mac being a double agent? used and used time and time again. And even when he said he was a double agent, I thought he was lying.

The rest of the movie was good.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2008, 09:02:53 am »
I figured out that aliens would be behind it when they saw the drawings of the skulls on the prison wall. The characters' slow realization was kind of painful after that.

They also made a couple "shocking" discoveries that you could see before they understood. for example, in the cave, they see those drawings with the elongated skulls. Obviously the same aliens that the movie is about, right? Nope, they have to hold the skull up to the light and put the shadow on the cave wall to be able to see what it's really about. I was kind of insulted as an audience member. I'm not that thick.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2008, 02:55:06 am »
I figured out that aliens would be behind it when they saw the drawings of the skulls on the prison wall. The characters' slow realization was kind of painful after that.

They also made a couple "shocking" discoveries that you could see before they understood. for example, in the cave, they see those drawings with the elongated skulls. Obviously the same aliens that the movie is about, right? Nope, they have to hold the skull up to the light and put the shadow on the cave wall to be able to see what it's really about. I was kind of insulted as an audience member. I'm not that thick.

Hey, it's still a kids movie, remember?