Author Topic: Cloverfield-1-18-08 (Spoilers in here)  (Read 37066 times)

Offline Menges

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
Re: Cloverfield-1-18-08 (Spoilers in here)
« Reply #195 on: March 10, 2008, 10:59:30 pm »
This is sort of a hard movie for me to give a rating to.  As a monster movie, I'd say it wasn't very good (the monster wasn't especially original and it didn't really don't anything other than usual giant-monster stuff) .  As a horror movie, however, I'd say it's one of the best that's come out in a few years.
I went to it expecting the whole monster movie cliche; explanation of monster's origins, initial attack, characters falling in love, special monster-achilles-heel discovered, humanity prevails, etc.  What I got was a really jarring and disturbing flick with an extreme and open ending.
I'd definitely be enthused if they decided to make a sequel, which they likely will considering box office returns.

Offline LuceroJuarez

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Cloverfield-1-18-08 (Spoilers in here)
« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2008, 02:30:35 pm »
I thought it was superb. I've not had as much fun watching a movie as this one in ages.

Offline LuceroJuarez

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Cloverfield-1-18-08
« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2008, 02:39:18 pm »
How the hell did that get there.  It was inside the building on the 50 something floor. Now we never saw how many there ultimately were but I doubt it had already gotten to the point they would be on the 50th floor of a building.  I found that hard to swallow, and of course there were none in Central Park.

It fell off of the monster when it attacked the building.

Offline LuceroJuarez

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2008, 02:42:06 pm »
just saw it, i though t it was pretty good...the one scene that really bothered me was when clover showed up out of nowhere in central park at the end, just so everyone could get a good look at it (which I thought really wasn't that impressive) and then just makes some dumb move to kill Hud, even though he leaves the body on the ground so he's not really doing anything... besides that, though...i enjoyed it

Because of the crash, they were probably trying to convey effects of shock. Anyway, Clover probably killed him because of the camera.

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 04, 2008, 01:13:14 am »
just saw it, i though t it was pretty good...the one scene that really bothered me was when clover showed up out of nowhere in central park at the end, just so everyone could get a good look at it (which I thought really wasn't that impressive) and then just makes some dumb move to kill Hud, even though he leaves the body on the ground so he's not really doing anything... besides that, though...i enjoyed it

Because of the crash, they were probably trying to convey effects of shock. Anyway, Clover probably killed him because of the camera.

yah, the light on the camera was still on.
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 05, 2008, 01:29:37 am »

yah, the light on the camera was still on.

A lot of animals attack when confused or startled.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=169KILOoY24" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=169KILOoY24</a>
the real saviour of this forum