Author Topic: A New Union  (Read 9968 times)

Offline TheMist

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
A New Union
« on: April 04, 2008, 03:50:08 pm »
In the past there have been any unions, O.T.H.E.R., S.W.U. and REDSTAR just to name three but what I propose id a union to end all unions RAN. RAN shall be headed by the respective leaders of the member nations who shall meet in an assembly every (earth) month or when ever a situation arises in which we are need to be assembled.
R.A. M unlike other unions will be a fully independent government and as such your nation will be forcefully bound to R.A.N as long as it exists. this may seem like a dictatorship but allow me to state core differences which set it apart from the unions it has succeeded other unions

A.   RAM will not nullify any laws you have in place on your nation before entry as long they do not violate the charter or are not deleted by a new act in which case you will have full veto power as all member nations do
B.   RAM will only pass cats dealing with international(interplanetary would be  a misnomer as most nations spread farther than one planet and some have not reached planet wide government yet ) law for example we could ban trading with non RAM members but not outlaw any substance on a member nation's planet unless that nation chooses so
C.   RAM shall be able to create two types of laws, acts and ordinances. Acts affect international issues i.e. trade routes borders etc. whilst ordinances affect civilian matters i.e. welfare free speech, religions etc.  All member nations will have one vote in acts whilst ordinances are on a One-Vote-per-citizen basis
D.   R.A.M member nations may propose acts in galactic senate format which will be vote don post haste
E.   R.A.M. will have a charter of preset  laws implemented that by signing up you agree to follow
I.   no member nation shall be able to wage conflict with another member nation
II.   no member nation nay violate (the bill of rights but to be in rpg pretend the bill of rights is some well know galactic law set ) The Sapient Terns
III.   All member nations shall back up there currency (see this post ) with spice (see this post)
IV.   All member nations must post how munch currency are in there government treasuries and how much are in public circulation
V.   No member nation despite changes in leader ship may secede from RAN. in which case Implement I. will be void and R.A.N will dispower your current leader(s) and put in place anew one who shall rejoin with Ran
(As you can see I had this well thought out just tell e if you wish to join and arrangements will be made)

I am perfectly aware of my typing impediment please donít point it out<br />join the union http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=11929.0<br /><br />Spice Spice baby http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=11915.0

I am not a troll.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: A New Union
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 03:57:21 pm »
Reasons why I'm against this:

1) You've been here under a week, you have noreason to start an alliance

2) You have no creature, and thus don't have any power in our Galaxy

3) There rules are exactly the same as all the other alliances and their moms.

4) Theres no point for it, the only real conflict is inside the Grand/New/Elightened Union/Parliament in an area called "Unspecifiedistan"
the real saviour of this forum

gec05

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 05:29:29 pm »
No, too many unions already. What's the point? Can't we just stick to what's already available and established?

Also, you really need to make a creature for yourself.

Offline TheMist

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 06:09:01 pm »
I have purposely not made a creature thread as I would rather have The Anuzians' history fleshed out in role play instead of revealing everything in one blow. My screen name is TheMist hello! and anyway that she reason Iím asking  for a new alliance all these old ones are to complex my idea is to eventually have a grand unifying government for the entire galaxy or at lest a decent part of it . and besides this alliance is vastly superior to others in that it has a charter and standard protocol it  is essentially a more organized version of the galactic senate and when I first read the galactic senate thread I was like "hey this is like a less organized version of RAM!" . Iíve been envisioning ram for 8 years now and yes I know I suck at typing

« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 06:38:41 pm by TheMist »
I am perfectly aware of my typing impediment please donít point it out<br />join the union http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=11929.0<br /><br />Spice Spice baby http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=11915.0

I am not a troll.

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 06:33:00 pm »
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS GOOD, READ WHAT YOU TYPE

PLEASE

JUST PLEASE

And we don't really need a new group. We already have the Senate, a group if delegates from across the Galaxy to work out problems, so I think we're okay. Plus, this part of the forum is purty much dead right now, so it's not as if we'll be seeing a lot of RPing happening. :P

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 02:39:00 am »
I have purposely not made a creature thread as I would rather have The Anuzians' history fleshed out in role play instead of revealing everything in one blow.

No. Thats not how it works here, make a damn creature thread, and for gods sake use the spell check button. Do not do this, ever.

And no, no-ones going to join, we don't care if it's more organised, the older ones are more complex because maybe, you know, been there for longer? Just make the damned creature thread.

And check your personal messages.

Offline TheMist

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 02:40:53 am »
I have purposely not made a creature thread as I would rather have The Anuzians' history fleshed out in role play instead of revealing everything in one blow.

No. Thats not how it works here, make a damn creature thread, and for gods sake use the spell check button. Do not do this, ever.

And no, no-ones going to join, we don't care if it's more organised, the older ones are more complex because maybe, you know, been there for longer? Just make the damned creature thread.

What if the founding fathers said that about America

I am not a troll.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 02:42:40 am »

THIS IS NOT GODDAMNED COLONIAL AMERICA

THIS IS A GALAXY FULL OF ADVANCED AND INTELLIGANT SPECIES

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 02:49:42 am »
Sorry for being Off Topic, but that was the best post ever.

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 02:52:38 am »
Sorry, did my epic winness offend you? If it did, I am sorry and I will remove my message and I will apoligise.

Offline TheMist

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 02:53:56 am »

Says you. Really I don't see much of a difference. A bunch of independent states all using differant currency not backed up by  a resource (as stated in the "Spice Must Flow thread")Really we need a strong unbreakable New Union (I'm a reformist sue me)

I am not a troll.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 03:02:07 am »

Says you. Really I don't see much of a difference. A bunch of independent states all using differant currency not backed up by  a resource (as stated in the "Spice Must Flow thread")Really we need a strong unbreakable New Union (I'm a reformist sue me)

Firstly, we've been here over a year, some of us since the forum began, some where there when the nauceans were still doing there thang.

I'm not much of an elitist, but seriously, you've been here a week, and you've been doing a lot of stupid things, okay, first off, you bump up dead threads, you then try to change the currency standard to an absolutly retarded substance, and then you try to make a new union which no-one needs.

Independant states my ass, those "Independant states" are entire freaking solar systems! They have mining worlds, capital worlds, colony worlds, millatary worlds. The galaxy is not like colonial america, at all.

Offline TheMist

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 03:08:04 am »

Firstly, we've been here over a year, some of us since the forum began, some where there when the nauceans were still doing there thang.

I'm not much of an elitist, but seriously, you've been here a week, and you've been doing a lot of stupid things, okay, first off, you bump up dead threads, you then try to change the currency standard to an absolutly retarded substance, and then you try to make a new union which no-one needs.

Independant states my ass, those "Independant states" are entire freaking solar systems! They have mining worlds, capital worlds, colony worlds, millatary worlds. The galaxy is not like colonial america, at all.
check my post in spice standard
and hey theres no rule agist trying to ring back dea dthreads right? ;D

I am not a troll.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 03:10:47 am »

I have checked it, and it's still stupid.

And it's allowed as long as it's a decent post, If your going to post complete crap then yes, it is against the rules.

Offline TheMist

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 03:12:04 am »

I have checked it, and it's still stupid.

And it's allowed as long as it's a decent post, If your going to post complete crap then yes, it is against the rules.

well show me the crap (lol second post war tonight)

I am not a troll.