Author Topic: SPORE - *The off topic thread - not a place for spam *  (Read 92492 times)

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Re: SPORE
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2005, 08:49:47 pm »
Any suggestions on games I could get or download before Spore comes out?

Sure, I play them all. What systems do you have and what "type" of games do you like to play (FPS, action, MMO, sports, etc.).
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Zefrid

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2005, 08:55:43 pm »
I play all types of games. As for my computer... well I don't really know right now. To lazy to look actually  ;D For consoles I have PS2 and Xbox
Got Gaming Steve forum membership?

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2005, 09:35:20 pm »
Hum, I would say that if you like action games that God of War comes out next week and that game should be a huge hit. It's sort of like Devil May Cry, but much much more violent (the game is actually quite brutal). If you like those adventure/fighting games you should like this.

The PS2 has a ton of good games out from Xmas mostly but GTA: San Andreas is really quite good. Even if you didn't like the previous games this one is by far the best of the five released to date. There is just so much in there that it has something for everyone. Burnout 3: Takedown is stupid mindless fun. Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal is great if you like platform games.

On the Xbox I would say give The Chronicles of Riddick a try. I loved that game and I think it's like $20 right now. Really good game, lots of cool stuff in there and the best voice acting I have heard in a long time.

Anyone else?
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Zefrid

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2005, 10:16:27 pm »
Wow thanks for the information. What I usually do is just buy a game that looks entertaining ( bugs the living hell out of the fiancee' ) and if I don't like it take it down to CD tradepost.

Offline Zefrid

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2005, 10:33:42 pm »
Hey Steve. How did you come across the screenshots of Spore?

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2005, 10:40:39 pm »
hes a mad pirate who killed millions to find them, it will be all over the news tomarrow, just you watch

Offline Jayce

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2005, 10:48:07 pm »
Hey Steve. How did you come across the screenshots of Spore?

Pretty sure he took them himself whilst at the GDC.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2005, 10:53:32 pm »
no no no no no no no no NO, hes a pirate ,    ARGGGGG !!!!

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2005, 11:01:30 pm »
Right, and they could easily opt out if they want to turn it off. But for the most part they could still be playing a single player game, it’s just that every time they boot it up it goes to our server and asks for the new tuning set. And when they finish playing every day it sends back the results of what they did. So they’re still playing a single-player game, but it’s individually tuning itself to each player. You know based on your preferences, but also based on the parallel learning of a million other people. So you might discover things. Or somebody might actually initiate a sequence of actions on their computer in a very creative way and the computer might recognize that, send it up to the server, and say: "Wow, that was an interesting sequence, and that person likes doing comedy romances. Let’s try that on ten other people tomorrow. If those ten people respond well, let’s try it on a hundred the next day." So it could be that the things aren’t just randomly discovered, but they’re also observed from what the players did specifically.
-Will Wright

Offline Zefrid

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2005, 11:06:54 pm »
Are you tired or something Clay?

Offline homer2000

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2005, 02:02:03 am »
insane insane game, i'm loving it!  I think it may be like a game where you have to update every day that you launch to get new contents, its gonna be pretty cool

Offline CustodianV131

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2005, 02:43:40 am »
Hey thanks for the pictures! Didn't have the schematic yet!

Man, this is looking so good!

You would think they're going to launch it at E3. Now that would be a nice suprise! :D

Ah well, hopefully it will be at least this year and if so it will probably be in time before X-mas knowing EA.
Do drop by on my Spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/CustodianV131
Comments verrrry welcome! Rating my creatures is much appreciated, but be honest please!

Offline Mika Ears

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Masterharper, Planeswalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2005, 07:33:19 am »
Considering how fast EA gets their games out, yeah I really think we can expect it later this year and maybe even as a December holiday title. Supposedly thats when the Sims 2's second expansion pack of the year is coming out. Sims 2: Nightlife.

Offline Sully

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2005, 09:12:52 am »
Excellent podcast and pics. Can not wait for this game.  ;D

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2005, 11:20:29 am »
and to think, this whole page started by me saying
YAY!!!!
-Clayface , ohh have you seen the news, millions dead over pictures of the game spore, told u he was a pirate