Author Topic: Inhuman Worlds.  (Read 2005 times)

Offline blitzonator

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • A pic from the galactic zoo. What is it?
    • View Profile
Inhuman Worlds.
« on: March 25, 2008, 02:37:05 pm »
At the request of TTT in the TAA, I'm putting this story out of the sig and into the forum.
If you have read my other story, The peace within war, you will see that this is the next arc, story, continuation or whatever.
This is morbid at the start. So, without any more stalling to find the notepad file, I present:

Inhuman Worlds!

Chapter 1: A note of suffering.

I don't know where I am or how I got here. All I know is that my freinds are
Trapped in this house with me. I do not know where this house is, because
it is boarded. I barely even know myself. I'm called Fiona Hawkburn, I'm 13
and I'm suffering either a nightmare or hell. I only recently had been put in
this mansion by what seems to be magic. I'm here with 4 others, Gary Stones,
14, Marcus Flinch, 13, Samantha Newman, 14 and David Irons, 15. For a whole
year I've been trapped here and, God forbid, I might die here. Each day the
furniture fixes, the food reappears and we are healed from the pain this house
causes. The first day I was here, I woke in the bathroom, the others around me,
trying to wake me. As I got up, the one with the red hair, Marcus, pulled me down.
As I asked him why he did that I found out. The shower had swung around my
head as I ducked and it would have hit me. Another time, Samantha was strangled
by a force for about a minute, then thrown into Gary.

Each day this force beats and attacks us with objects in the house, and each
day the pain ends and we are healed for another day of misery. All I hope for
now is death. All they hope for is death. For one too many times have we
attempted to escape, but it always results in us being beaten until we are
choking in our own blood on the floor.We have gotten to live with it, But we
still prey for help. All I can do is shove this under the door, and hope you,
or anybody else, finds us. Please, I beg of you.

Recently, the attacks have been getting worse. I was thrown out of the bathroom
two days ago and Gary was dragged down the stairs. We also found a list of names
on the wall, the first being somone called Philip Acres, the last being mine. As
expected, this was scary for us all when we found it. The forces here are also,
for some unholy reason, attacking us in a more violent way. For no reason at all
David was pinned to the table as knives stuck through his hands and the table.
He was then left there all night as the knives seemed to be hot. Also, I fear the
forces in this house are targeting one of us each, as in this morning I felt like an
invisible man had held me down in bed all morning. Later on, I was struck by a vase
then dragged into my bed again where I was pinned to the wall by knives that were
forced through my wrists. After an hour Marcus and Samantha helped me down.

Help us. David is missing. I think somthing happened to him. Yesterday, it was his
birthday. I just hope he's okay. Also, The attacks are now evenly spread but still
violent. Gary and me were attacked all morning and Marcus and Samantha were
just attacked in the bathroom. I just want to know why anybody would be so creul.
It's unfair. Please, please, help us.

It's been 2 years now, I'm really scared. Marcus has disappeared the day after his
birthday and mine is today. I hope I would just die, just fall asleep and never wake.
This thing has took all the others. I'm alone, it's not fair, why me?

As she wrote this in her room, her tears, cold with sorrow, fell onto the paper.
she knew she was next. Some one, or something, would take her. She was afraid.
At night, when she was asleep, two men, dressed in black, grabbed her and stuffed
her mouth. They then took her out of the house with, oddly, no resistance. The outside
of the house was just a massive lab. Screens, moniters and even machines worked around
her. They placed her in a room, on a table, and began work. They bound her to the table
and un-gagged her mouth. As soon as this happened she began to cry. "Why... Why! you
monsters! You evil monsters!" She screamed at the men. They paid no attention.
One man then pulled out a scanner and flashes it across her body. Another sits down
and reads from a screen. "Heart rate: Normal. Blood flow: Fast. Almost no change to her
emotional systems." He called across the room. The other man turned and put a note
beside her. "I guess this is another failed experiment, then." he replied.

They both agreed on the only option left: Incinaration. As they regagged her mouth,
one of the men drugged her with a sleeping lotion injection. They moved her down
the halls into a room, it was hot, with a massive furnace in the middle. Just at that
time, John was there, a flash of green and he was soon on the ground, still unsure
about what he had done. He held the cube with his hand, Finger in the door shaped
piece. One of the men ran up and grabbed him, John pulls out his sword and strikes
him. The sword cuts his flesh, but no ignition. John was baffled, long enough for the
man to pull at his sword and push him down. John presses hard over a piece of the
cube, shaped like a vase. The man splutters out water. He coughs and gags and more
water comes from his mouth. The man drowns on the water that seems to be gushing
out of him like a fountain, and dies.

The second man looks on in disbelief. John turns to him and presses another Piece,
shaped like a boulder. The man turns to stone. He looks at the table, seeing a girl,
same height, white dress, tied to the table. He twists the top and then the front. John
holds her hand and presses the button. In yet another flash of green, John and Fiona
disappeared again.

This time, in some odd field John stood and she lied. There were trees, massive and
white in colour, the leaves black and thin like needles. The sky was white, with no sun,
just a bright haze making all within sight visible. The girl who John had taken with him
lies in the bright grey grass. her torn white dress covers her blood stained body. As John
looked at her, he noticed that the blood must have been hers. The odd thing was that she
bore no cuts. John ungagged her sleeping mouth and untied the ropes that pinned her to
the table. He then walked around for a bit, waiting for her to awake.

Fiona stirred, her arm slid slowly across the table. She began to open her eyes, not blinded
by any light, but dazed at the scene. She pushed herself up, rubbing her legs. As she did
this, she slowly got off the table. Fiona was startled at the scene: grey grass, trees with black
leaves. This world seemed to have no colour, and her pale skin with her white dress matched
it. She began exploring this odd place, heading down a slope.

John had found a lake, and was washing his face. He was suprized at the blue trees which changed
the scene. Each tree had a red seed, glistening in the sunless sky. John decided to take a risk of
eating a seed. It wasn't horrid, just sweet, like caramel. He took another bite, again, then finished.
After eating the seed, he picked himself up and walked back.

Fiona caught sight of John. She stepped back and ran to the trees. John was still walking up the
hill, looking down at the grass. Fiona had reached a tree and crouched behind it, spying on John.
John finally stopped and looked at the table, slightly worried that the girl is missing. He turns his
head to where Fiona is hiding, not seeing her. John then sits down next to the table, turned away
from the trees.

Fiona finally steps up from the tree. She walks about fourteen feet from the trees, and claps her
hands. John jumped. He turned around to see her standing there. Her white torn dress, her blood
stained face and her pale skin. Fiona was suprised at what John looked like. Thick fur jeans, a belt
which held an odd metal item and a heavy shirt. His face had a cut and his arm was bruised.
John got up. "What is your name?" He called.
"Fiona Hawkburn." She replied. "Who are you?" She asked in return.
"John Foley." He replied. "I just saved your life today." He yelled. Fiona walked forward slowly.
They were then within range to speak properly. "How can I trust you?" She replied.
"I can't promise trust. I have nothing to gain or lose." John speaks. They both stared at each
other for a second, then John finally broke the silence. "There is food down that slope, and
water." He said to Fiona. "I have a question, how do you do that, you know, heal quickly?" He
added. Fiona then told him of her life, or what she knew. With that john told her his life, and
thus they began talking about their own worlds and pointing out the differences. Fiona told John
of sientists and chemistry, John told of magic and wizards.

As they talked, Fiona asked, "How exactly did you save me?" John Stopped talking. He slowly reached
for the golden cube, careful not to press anything. "Well, I got this cube when I was caught because
the guards fled from the lightning," He started, slowly pulling a cube out of his pocket. "And I
twisted it and saw you on that table with two men going to put you in an oven, so I kil-"
"Wait, is that a toy cube? I thought you were better than that." She replied.
"No it's not! It's a weird cube that allows me to do stuff." He answered.
"Then prove it."
"I will!" He replied. He twisted the top and pressed a piece shaped like a wall, and in seconds
there was a stone wall seperating John from Fiona, pushed out of the ground. "See," John yelled
over the wall. "I told you!" John then put the cube back in his pocket and walked around the wall.
Fiona was astounded. The wall just grew out of the ground, like nothing.

"Come on! We gotta go and get somthing for you to eat." John said, pulling on Fiona by the arm.
Fiona began to follow John down the hill reluctantly, still staring at the wall of rock that John
created. It was amazing. It was unnatural, scary even. To think that a 15 year old could hold
such an item, a cube that was there to fingere.

When they reached the lake, they found that they were not alone. Both john and Fiona froze,
being as silent as they could be. Standing at the lake was some beast, dog like, but large.
It had no hair, it's skin grey. Along its back was golden plates, each placed like that of an
Armadillo. It had two lower jaws, each with a large amount of teeth. The beast was drinking the
water, it's prehensile tounge flicking water into it's mouth. The beast raized it's head, staring at
Fiona. She immediately fell back, stunned. John grabbed her back, preventing her fall. Almost
at that time he turned to see the thing standing next to him, breathing into his face.

The beast chanted some alien language, and raised its body. It showed what was a clawed thumb,
and a belt, hidden from sight by it's armour. It began chanting more until it finally spoke english.
"Whart brins ooht twe ter Natoon oof Scet-louge?" Fiona was stunned. John was stunned even more.
"We need shelter and food." Fiona replied.
The beast got back on all fours. "Whell," It began, turning away and walking. John and Fiona began to
follow. "Et seans ooht extinck thans aree ot soe muchk." The beast gabbled on, it's tounge and two jaws
changing the sounds to a badly spoken accent. John was thinking hard about the accent. "How are we
Extinct?" He managed to say.
"Milloms oof yers agoe ooht specees deed hin war. Wea tohok twe reamins anhk mede neew ohme."
"Wait, What year is this?" John asked. Millions of years ago? there wasn't even space travel where John
existed. The beast spoke again. "Eht millom anhk orty ine." It garbled. Fiona and John froze. John new
he was born in the year 1927, Fiona knew it was 1942 when she left. The were born in a time almost
in a dinosuar based primitivity. They were living fossils in a new age, a new era.

Offline blitzonator

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: Inhuman Worlds.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 03:10:47 pm »
Chapter 2: Timeslips.

For an hour John and Fiona walked with the beast. Soon, they come to a stop. It was
an amazing sight. A fortress with green walls that towered over the landscape,
pipes pointing in and out in all different ways. It seemed odd to have such a
structure, but very protected. John and Fiona follow the beast down a tunnel, dimly
lit and moist in the air. The walls were narrow, only enough room for the beast in
front to turn. "Ai ant god eht ehnglis. Ter hothas aree." It mentioned.

Soon, they reached the inside of the walled fortress. There were beasts just
like the one they were with, standing upright, clothed and behaving like a
human society. John and Fiona were stunned. "Ofer her." The beast called.
He was standing on a large platform, rotating in the sky. There were pistons,
walls and other things moving and grinding above. The beasts crawled and
leaped across in a speed that seems unnatural, a speed of which dazzled them.
John and Fiona both climbed up, finding it hard to reach where the beast stood.
When they got to where it stood the were blown away at the sight.

The city expanded for miles, with buildings being moved by massive cogs
and sliding walls, each moving in a harmonic dance, usually spinning to
within inches apart. The center of the city was shaped like a spire, rotating
and humming. John and Fiona prepared to jump on to the next cogwheel as
one of the buildings speeded towards them but the building stopped. A door
opened and the beast urged them in. The building was like a house, the main
differance being that the doors were larger and most tools were different. The
whole room was dark, light by a glass box containing a small glowing blue ball.
Fiona stared at it as it flashed and for a second she saw it move. she then turned
back to the beasts. The two beasts chatted in a different language until one of them
turned to John and Fiona. It stood upright and looked down then it began to talk.
"I am Maria-Salkium. This here is my husband Lysander-Boriely. You can stay in the
guest bedroom for the night but tomorrow you shall see the president of Scat-Louge."
She showed both children to a room lit the same way but with two large beds. John and
Fiona took care to wash in a sink and both changed clothes and slept when the woman
thing left.

Fiona needed the sleep, John did too. As the began to fall asleep, thoughts raced through
each other's heads. Who made the cube? Who were those beasts? Are they alien? Why could
the girl regenerate? All these thoughts passed through john and Fiona's head. They could
not stop thinking about the day that had passed.

The other thing that was odd that night is that all the while Fiona slept, a green haze washed
over her, looking for somthing. It then jumped to John, a green blob, spouting like a snake. A
part of it was still searching on, or in, Fiona. As this entity searched John, the most uniqe thing
happened. The cut on his face healed within seconds and his bruises on his chest faded away.
The glow searched both John's and Fiona's body's all night.

In the next morning Fiona was woken by John yelling "What the.." in the room with the mirror.
She pulled herself up, draped in the bedsheets. John was at a mirror, looking at his cheek, feeling it.
He was also staring at his chest. "What is it?" She asked.
"I had a cut under my cheek, it's gone! And look," He says, pointing to his chest. Fiona was
about to ask what it was but she knew. She had seen this before. It had happened to her almost
every day she could remember. john was about to speak but she takes a breath and says "Remember
about the time we talked about our lives? I told you about waking up after being tortured in that
dreaded house," She paused. Every time she thought about the house and what those men did
made her want to cry. Fiona wiped her eyes and began to continue. "Well, every day I woke up,
me and the others, my freinds, our wounds, cuts and bruises healed. I don't know how but I
think you've got it from me, like a virus,"
"What? You mean like a disease or somthing?"
"Well, yes, maybe. I'm not sure if it's good for you..." John agreed. Fiona asked to get properly
dressed so he looked away as Fiona put her clothes on. John put his shirt on and then came a
rattle on the door. "Come out when you are ready, the prime minister needs to see you."

Both John and Fiona walked out the room and followed Maria and Lysander. They took an easier
route through the bottom of the city. It was a dark, noisy place. The cogs were very active here
and they all more or less ran to the center of the city. Soon, John and Fiona came to a massive
tower, sealed by a metal door. The door had hints of many colours like blue and red.

The door slides down, a metal thump. Behind it is a small corridor, leading down. They all go
through. After an hour of walking through random corridors, they finally see the president.
As John and Fiona gaze upon the president, they feel a sudden burst of regret. John falls to his
knees, almost sick. Fiona helps him back up. They both look at the nation's president, terrified.
What they saw was no creature they have seen. A mass of wires, enclosed on a flame. The flame
took on a face, filled with power, eons of information and emotions so strong you could feel the
heated gaze of the president strike you through the heart like a bullet.

The flame heated, and two points of lava floated infront of John and Fiona. As they came, John
crawled backwords, Fiona slowly stepping backwards too. She tripped and fell on top of John
and the points of lava stopped. The points then launched forward onto their faces, not burning,
but freezing. John saw his life flash. A tunnel, when he first saw Lanna. The Ferboling ritual.
Her death. It pulled from away him. At the same time, Fiona saw her life two. Her parents. Dead.
And the house, that dreaded home that hurt her so much. The sientists. It peeled off her face.
almost immedietly Both Fiona and John broke into tears. They both embraced, shamed and
humiliated at the same time. But another thing happened. It was peculiar. They began to
forget. John tried to speak, only gibberish. Fiona tried as well. Same result.

"Human species, era of developent. Age for male, fifteen. Age for female, fifteen. Male has
Cubufingere. Female and Male have Techanic Healing cells..." The president continued
booming facts about them both. John and Fiona were helpless, not able to move. All thoughts
and volintary actions held by that flaming ball of ideas.They both just lay there, looking at
each other, helpless. Maria jumped forward. "Let them go! Don't!" she yelled. The only response
was her and Lysander being burned to death on the spot, a flash of flame where they stood.

The president stopped spouting information. Almost immedietly John tried to pull himself up,
only to note his legs won't work. Fiona tried at the same time, the same effect. Fiona and John
dragged themselves across the room to each other, embraced, then began to cry. "You evil
beast!" Fiona yelled at it, dripping with tears. "I, I, I hope.. you die." She buried her face in her
hands. John held on to her, calming her down. "You should... not... have done that!" He yelled
back, trying to remember a lot of missing words. It was obvious they both felt the same. They
felt humiliated from what had happened. Embarrassed at how it toyed with them. Afraid of its
power. "We have..." He paused. He couldn't remember what he was trying to say.

The president just flickered, a smirk like movement within it's wire shell. The president then began
to speak. "John Foley." He looked up with a blank stare. He had been removed of his memory of that
name. "Fiona Hawkburn." The girl looked up with tear-filled eyes. She did not know her name, too.
"Who?"
"What?"
"Children, relax. Things could be worse for you." The president said. John could not control himself.
"Worse? Worse! We can't walk, We can barely remember... to speak and you're just... there." Again he
forgot what he was saying. The flame flickered, John's hands that were holding him up give way. John
bangs his head of the floor and gives out a small yelp.

"Happy?" The president replied sarcasticly.
Fiona pulled John up, placing his back against the wall. "What are you..." Is all Fiona could manage.
This was possibly the best question any person could ask at that point, the president had already
begun it's answer. "I am Jaarek Ohm. I am a being, a time shifter. I live in this three dimensional world,
able to travel the same way is that cube."
"What... cube?" She asked.
"Feel into John's pockets." The president replied.
Out of fear, Fiona did as she was told. Soon enough, she pulled out a cube, golden with many symbols
and pictures on it. "Wha, What is... this?" She stammered.

"A Cubufingere, the tools of our species. That cube takes Timeslips, tiny minute portals in time and space,
and throws you through them. These can be found if you look hard enough, a door to anywhere. Be careful
though, we wouldn't want you lost, now would we?"
Fiona just stared. Was it joking or not?
"Now. I have to keep your memories, just to prevent anything happening. Consider it a gift. I will also let you
have control over your limbs as well. Remember: you are called Fiona Hawkburn. You, John Foley. You both
are fifteen and human. Keep the cube out of sight and John, Keep the sword."
John picked himself up and Fiona did the same. They were all too eager and happy to teleport out of the
building. The president stopped burning, his flame finally burnt out. The wire shell around him unfolded
and fell to the ground.

John and Fiona suddenly appeared in a field, a normal looking landscape. They both began to make up their
new and forgotten backstory. An hour later, John and Fiona finally got it together. "So, You are Fiona, I am John."
He said. They were working on an escuse incase anybody talked to them. We'd better be careful about where we
say we come from, this world might be different." They picked themselves up from the grass, into the town nearby.

Offline blitzonator

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: Inhuman Worlds.
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 02:12:32 pm »
I'd have the chapter fully done but I would like to do this the old way: two parts.

I would have also added it in another forum but due to a massive corruption in the members I'll be hosting it here.

Sorry for all the bad grammar.
Chapter 2: A whole new world.
It was amazing. The world was bright, the sun shone and the air was still.
John and Fiona were through the light amout of trees and were still talking.
"So, we are?" Asked Fiona.
"Cousins through my father. He's called Brian Foley." Said John.
"Yes, He's my mother's brother." She replied.
"Who is your mother?"
"Claire Foley, now Claire Hawkburn."
"Okay. We'll have to be careful on where we live tho-"
"Who goes there?" Yelled a voice. They stopped. John looked around and saw
a child holding a shotgun, aimed at them. He had short, blonde hair and a
T-shirt that was striped.
"Just some travellers." Fiona yelled back.

The child put his shotgun down. He still held it, though. The child began to
speak. "What are your names?"
"My name is Fiona Hawkburn. This is my older cousin, John Foley."
"Mine is Ryan Arch. I'd recommend you go around the crops."
"Why?"
"These crops are delicate. I've got orders to shoot anyone who damages them."
"Okay then."

Fiona and John went around the crops, soon they were standing face to face.
"If your looking around, the town is over there." Ryan said, pointing to the trees
behind him. John and Fiona said thanks, goodbye and then left for the town.
Soon, they came to the town. Fiona shivered at the sudden amount of snow.
The town was small. A large crossroad, a few buildings, snow, children and a
wagon.

Fiona was the first to enter the town. John came in after a few seconds. They had
found a bench in the snowy streets and were sitting on it. "Well," John started,
"This place is better than nothing." He gave a deep sigh. Fiona was shivering
furiously. "John, can we find some... Warm clothes? I'm freezing, in this dress." She
was right: they hadn't changed clothes for days. John got up. "We'll have to make
some... Money first. Maybe a job, at that wagon?" John said, pointing to the man at the
wagon. He was weird looking, for sure. His purple hat and his green jacket hiding his
tall body. He wore brown trowsers which made his legs look thin. They both walked
up to him. "Hello, what are you two looking for?" The man said.

John spoke. "We are loo-"
"Looking for some work." Fiona finished his sentence before him, as usual. The man
exchanged glances at both of them. "Well, there's some room in the back." He said.
John and Fiona climbed into the back of the wagon. in it was a few barrels and four
other children, three boys and a girl, each at different ages. John sat down at the far
end, Fiona next to him. The wagon started to move. It raced through the small town
and into the forest, past a bridge and into the thick pines, a path marked by dirt. The
horses raced along, not stopping for a second. As the wagon was pulled along, one
of the boys began to speak.

"So, what are your names?" He asked.
"I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours." Fiona replied.
"Fine, seems fair. I'm Lucas White, the kid next to me with the blond hair is Isaac
Olsales, the girl with the long red hair is Samantha Greenwood and the last chap is
my brother, Gary White." He said, pointing out each child. John took a sigh, then lied
down. "I'm Fiona Hawkburn and this is my cousin, John Foley."
"Hello, John, Fiona. What brings you here?" asked Samantha.
"We're just looking for some work." replied Fiona. It seems she is very charismatic, John
thought.

The conversation was cut short by a bang of a pistol. John swung around to see a spray
of blood shoot onto the wagon cover. The man who was driving the truck gave out a yell
and there was a hard thud. The wagon tilted to the side, knocking the children out of
the benches. "What just happened?"
"Are you okay?"
"Fiona, Get up!"
"Look!"
As the wagon moved on, The kids scrambled to the back of the wagon. The man lay on the
road, shrinking away, but he was not alone. There were two things, black, almost like a shadow,
chasing the wagon. As they ran, the others moved into the back of the wagon. John was ready.
The first jumped up, its cry ran down Johns spine. He swiftly pulled out the sword. Block. Parry.
Lunge. The shadow like creature stopped there, Johns sword impaled on is throat. The thing
kicked the air, burning from the blade. He moved to pull the sword out but it was too late. The
second one jumped on the wagon, grabbed John in it's clawed arm and threw him off. Fiona
picked up a large barrel and hit the thing with it, sending it off the wagon. She then dropped it,
staring at John, unmoving, speeding away into the night.