Author Topic: Speed Racer  (Read 7487 times)

Offline LuceroJuarez

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Speed Racer
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2008, 10:19:25 pm »
I abhorred Speed Racer. It always took up time that good shows could have used. :(

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 09:05:52 am »
Hah. What sane person could possibly think that Speed Racer would surpass Iron Man in popularity and in sales?

gec05

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 03:34:41 pm »
My dad loved watching this show as a kid. What hooks him is how the car can do all these neat tricks. (cheater!)

He wants to see this movie but I'd much rather have him see Iron Man than this.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 10:22:12 am »
eropS stop yelling, it gets annoying :P.

I'd stop self moderating this thread if I was you. There are people that do that, and they will comment if the need be.

Yesteday I was asked if I wanted to go see Speed Racer yesterday, half my group wanted to go see Speed Racer, half of us wwanted to see Iron Man again, I went with the Iron man group  :P

From what I'm told the movie is very campy. The story is apparently really boring, and cheesy. Some 3D animators I knew went to it and they ended up looking at the compositing more then watching the movie. And from a film standpoint apparently the cinemtography is really nice. My arguement to that is if you are reduced to admiring the cinemtography and special effects because the mvie itself is boring, then it fails as a movie to entertain people.

My karma ran over your dogma

Offline El Stevo

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 03:50:00 pm »
Its ridge speed racer! SPEEEED RACER!

Haha, the exact same thing crossed my mind!

I kinda liked the film but I'm not really sure why. The colours maybe? The acting was pretty good.
Don't touch the screen!
Rank 4: Elite
Gamertag - El Stev0  |  Last.fm
Overwhelmed, as one would be, placed in my position.

Offline pfellah

• Contributor
  • Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 08:29:50 am »
From what I'm told the movie is very campy. The story is apparently really boring, and cheesy. Some 3D animators I knew went to it and they ended up looking at the compositing more then watching the movie. And from a film standpoint apparently the cinemtography is really nice. My arguement to that is if you are reduced to admiring the cinemtography and special effects because the mvie itself is boring, then it fails as a movie to entertain people.

I think that's a decent way of looking at it. There was never that much depth to the TV series -- who's he racing against, what's the complication gonna be, where are Sprytle and Chim-Chim gonna turn up, how are they gonna resolve it -- so you either have to embrace that shallowness and hope that's what people will like about it, or you can use the skeletal source material as just a blueprint and graft some dramatic gravity on to the bones. Seems like they tried to do both and succeeded at neither.

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 09:18:34 pm »
WI am buying this when it gets to Blue-Ray! I have seen this twice and it is one of my favorite movies of all time! It was made of pure awesome!  ;D
I Want Patience, and I Want It NOW!

Peskitoriantais - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5046.0
Violandro - http://violandro.myminicity.com/