Author Topic: Music you HATE!!!  (Read 30032 times)

Offline Snake Plissken

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Resident Evil 5 coming in March 13, '09
    • View Profile
Re: Music you HATE!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 01:44:59 pm »
What the hell? Now I'm not that amazed by the band. Either way, I don't listen to their music.

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 07:52:10 am »
Soulja Boy is absolutely horrible. I feel like murdering whoever put him on whenever he is played around me.

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 12:03:08 pm »
I think its fun that if you check out almost any forum about rap (and in the comments of every hiphop video on youtube with comments like: "Yea! this is the real ****, f*ck soulja boy") everyone there hates Soulja Boy, so the ones listeing to him must be the ones listening to "MTV music", AKA 12 year old girls.
I like "real" rap, that is rappers with a message that aint just trying to make money. The best example is Immortal Technique, he turned down many recorddeals (one of them from Def Jam) because he wanted to be free so that he wouldnt be restricted and able to speak his mind. He is better than all comercial rappers that are stringed and controlled by the A&Rs. Although I don't agree with all of the stuff he stands for he is acctually intellegent and very bright headed. Stuff like 50 cent, P Diddy (or WTF he wants to be called this week) and other MTV rappers suck.

Haha that's so cool! I gave up talking about Technique a long time ago 'cause nobodys ever heard of him (except for I guy on Counter Strike once recognized my spray as Revolutionary Volume I  :D) I'm not big into rap, but I dig him. "I got no strings to hold be down, To make me fret or make me frown, I had strings, but now I'm free, I got no strings on me" is how he put it. My favorite rap by him is probably The 4th Branch...but yeah considering how good of a rapper he is and how intelligent he is, it's crazy he believes all that Bush brought down the towers stuff...

Have you ever heard of Sage Francis? Another good rapper...

Cool that you know of IT! :D He is the only reason that hiphop isn't dead ATM I think  :-\ hopefully some rappers will follow him and stop making rap suited for the mainstream audience. (like 50, P Diddy, Kanye West etc.)

count me in. i hate rap. some of their lyrics are base on gangster seeking power(gang wars), about drugs and s** they also rap too fast the lyrics can be understand.

This is to you AND TO EVERYONE WHO HATES RAP: Check out this documentary, it talks about the "gangstah" atitude of rap and why the rap game is so focused on violence, discrimination of women and homophobia, it is really worth watching: Hiphop: Beyond Beats and Rhymes
@davidramnero

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 02:14:04 pm »
I completely hate emo, it seriously is overated because the trend was started by Kurt Cobain. Rap is just something I'm against also, which is why I stick to metal and some music from video games to be honest.

Woah, woah, woah. No.

Emo is not related to Grunge.
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 04:53:59 pm »
I completely hate emo, it seriously is overated because the trend was started by Kurt Cobain. Rap is just something I'm against also, which is why I stick to metal and some music from video games to be honest.

Woah, woah, woah. No.

Emo is not related to Grunge.
Yeah, Snake it's not even close to Grunge, Emo is associated with hardcore punk; grunge is alternative rock

And nice spotting Mr.C ;D, or is MRC better?
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2008, 08:35:34 pm »
count me in. i hate rap. some of their lyrics are base on gangster seeking power(gang wars), about drugs and s** they also rap too fast the lyrics can be understand.

Yeah you can't really just generalize an entire genre of music, there's always some hidden gems...for instance, I'm really sick of all the grunge on the radio. Hate it. But I really dig Nirvana...I mean their music is just good. Also: Disco =  >:( but Bee-Gees =  :)

And I thought I hated rap until I heard some real, intelligent MC's...Immortal Technique got me into Tupac and Sage Francis. NWA, Wu-Tang, Ice-T (Cop Killer!!!) are alright...I have to be in the mood though...

Although I have to admit I'm a little biased against country...everything except Johnny Cash seems to sound the same...

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2008, 02:29:56 am »

Yeah you can't really just generalize an entire genre of music, there's always some hidden gems...for instance, I'm really sick of all the grunge on the radio. Hate it. But I really dig Nirvana...I mean their music is just good. Also: Disco =  >:( but Bee-Gees =  :)

And I thought I hated rap until I heard some real, intelligent MC's...Immortal Technique got me into Tupac and Sage Francis. NWA, Wu-Tang, Ice-T (Cop Killer!!!) are alright...I have to be in the mood though...

Yea there's a lot of bullcrap in Hiphop (rap), you have to know where to search :P

Although I have to admit I'm a little biased against country...everything except Johnny Cash seems to sound the same...

The movie "O Brother Where Art Thou?" made me change my mind about country, there are some really good country bands out there.

Oh, and I don't hate mainstream music just cause it it popular. I hate it cause what is considered popular is what sells alot, and the music that sells a lot is music I don't like. The music that sells alot is what posh teenage girls listen to. AND I hate most mainstream artists cause they are so comercial. Many artists that are very popular wouldn't be that popular without the comercial parts, and being seen with other "cool" artists, being ft. on "cool" songs, and if the ones who doesn't write their music themselves WOULD write their own music they wouldn't be as famous and mainstream cause they wouldn't have the A&R's that make the music easy to listen to and fitting to the rest of the mainstream scene. But then I wouldn't hate thoose artists.
@davidramnero

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2008, 02:53:43 am »
Rap isnt that bad you just have to know the right artists to listen to, besides everyone has there own preferences. I have to say I dont care so much for Country music its just to extreme for me. If a sad country song is playing it makes me want to just end my life right there, if theres a happy country song playing its just TO happy theres no middle ground. Then of course im not a big fan of techno, the same beat during an entire song fails.

*UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE* :D
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2008, 10:13:51 am »
Rap isnt that bad you just have to know the right artists to listen to, besides everyone has there own preferences. I have to say I dont care so much for Country music its just to extreme for me. If a sad country song is playing it makes me want to just end my life right there, if theres a happy country song playing its just TO happy theres no middle ground. Then of course im not a big fan of techno, the same beat during an entire song fails.

You, sir, need to attend a rave...

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2008, 02:47:51 pm »
Then of course im not a big fan of techno, the same beat during an entire song fails.

*gasp!*

That is the single best beat ever! Well, ok, I like the 1-2-3-4|1-2-3-4-and|-1 variation, (|=bar line for measures) but, whatever. Brooklyn Bounce is one of my favorite techno bands, but I can't seem to find much of their songs.

Oh yes. Country. It makes me feel liking running away from the source of music.

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2008, 08:57:46 pm »

You, sir, need to attend a rave...

Thanks bud but I can count on my fingers the number of times ive been to a rave. About 3 I wasnt impressed but Ive been dragged along by friends. Of course I was being extreme when I refered to techno but it is almost the same beat for most of a song and it just isnt my kind of thing. :-\
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 08:42:03 am »
*Ahem* getting back on topic now, anyone know where I can find an instrumental version of Iron Man ???
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 09:51:13 am by LadyM »
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 09:49:26 am »

hardcore.

JUST DIE!!!!
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2008, 09:54:00 am »
Christian Rock and Hardcore Christian (often known as, I kid you not, Christ Core) can DIE DIE DIE

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 10:26:23 am »
Stairway to Heaven
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!