Author Topic: Music you HATE!!!  (Read 30322 times)

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Music you HATE!!!
« on: March 18, 2008, 08:30:37 am »
Me? Soulja Boy. *shrugs* What he does isn't even music. I listen to rappers who spend a lot of time on their songs and have skill, and seeing a little KID who sucks in every way possible make a worthless song that is so repetetive it hurts my brain that top on #1 on Billboard is sick. It makes me wanna throw up. Throw up on soulja boy.

Go ahead, rant.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2008, 08:54:26 am by Huckbuck »

@davidramnero

Offline Snake Plissken

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Resident Evil 5 coming in March 13, '09
    • View Profile
Re: Music you HATE!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 12:51:46 pm »
Hmm, making fun of it as screamo was a good thing I guess. I'm serious, there is screamo and it's funny as hell.

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 03:03:13 pm »
Hmm, making fun of it as screamo was a good thing I guess. I'm serious, there is screamo and it's funny as hell.

http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=10725.0

Dibs...posted that yesterday

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 03:36:51 pm »
Well the point is do you hate it ::).

I hate rap actually, it's kind of an annoyance really.
Half of the time there are so many words at once you have no idea of what the singer is talking about. Not like the old days, back in the 90's things were a lot simpler; look at it now. What a shame :'(
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline 666

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 06:56:34 am »
Can't spell crap without rap.
Spore fan since day one.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 07:23:53 am »
Hahaha. I always thought of it that way when it comes to gangs, and the fact that rap is completely overated just like the words punk and dude.

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 10:44:58 am »
Well the point is do you hate it ::).

I hate rap actually, it's kind of an annoyance really.
Half of the time there are so many words at once you have no idea of what the singer is talking about. Not like the old days, back in the 90's things were a lot simpler; look at it now. What a shame :'(

I like "real" rap, that is rappers with a message that aint just trying to make money. The best example is Immortal Technique, he turned down many recorddeals (one of them from Def Jam) because he wanted to be free so that he wouldnt be restricted and able to speak his mind. He is better than all comercial rappers that are stringed and controlled by the A&Rs. Although I don't agree with all of the stuff he stands for he is acctually intellegent and very bright headed. Stuff like 50 cent, P Diddy (or WTF he wants to be called this week) and other MTV rappers suck.
@davidramnero

Offline Jagon

• Battlezone Captain
  • Pochemu ludi pischut pa Ruskimu?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 05:34:49 pm »
i hate Punk, Rap, Hip-Hop, Nu Metal, Hair Metal, Grunge (cept Pearl Jam), R&B, and Emo

most hated band: U2

most hated song: Rock the Casbah by The Clash

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 06:37:57 pm »
I don't understand punk. To me, it sounds like one (or two or 3) phrases repeated. over..and over...and over...
And Rap. Don't get it. R&B, too.

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 08:48:04 pm »
I like "real" rap, that is rappers with a message that aint just trying to make money. The best example is Immortal Technique, he turned down many recorddeals (one of them from Def Jam) because he wanted to be free so that he wouldnt be restricted and able to speak his mind. He is better than all comercial rappers that are stringed and controlled by the A&Rs. Although I don't agree with all of the stuff he stands for he is acctually intellegent and very bright headed. Stuff like 50 cent, P Diddy (or WTF he wants to be called this week) and other MTV rappers suck.

Haha that's so cool! I gave up talking about Technique a long time ago 'cause nobodys ever heard of him (except for I guy on Counter Strike once recognized my spray as Revolutionary Volume I  :D) I'm not big into rap, but I dig him. "I got no strings to hold be down, To make me fret or make me frown, I had strings, but now I'm free, I got no strings on me" is how he put it. My favorite rap by him is probably The 4th Branch...but yeah considering how good of a rapper he is and how intelligent he is, it's crazy he believes all that Bush brought down the towers stuff...

Have you ever heard of Sage Francis? Another good rapper...

But back on topic...I'm really starting to hate punk music too...anything that's "trendy." It's not that I'm one of those people who hate "mainstream" or whatever, but every single one of my friends listens to all this scene crap except me...and having to listen to mewithoutyou, Chiodos, Fallout Boy, and Rise Against over and over, while they may be fairly decent, have made me hate all this trendy stuff...

Offline Snake Plissken

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2008, 04:51:33 pm »
I completely hate emo, it seriously is overated because the trend was started by Kurt Cobain. Rap is just something I'm against also, which is why I stick to metal and some music from video games to be honest.

Offline Ryederz

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2008, 08:21:55 pm »
count me in. i hate rap. some of their lyrics are base on gangster seeking power(gang wars), about drugs and s** they also rap too fast the lyrics can be understand.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2008, 08:33:12 pm »
I hate everything but Gregorian and... well, soulful music. Like Gregorian. So, pretty much anything in the Americas.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 05:52:35 am »
Well you guys have a point of view, I kind of joined in the thread to show here that rap music is just overated, that's why there is Chimaira. Don't worry, there already is a thread on them.

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 09:15:39 am »
Dragonforce.

Everyone's like "ZOMG TIS SO GOOD CUZ LAST SONG ON GTAR HEARO! BEST SONG EVER KTHX!!"

Hint: It's not. It's World of Warcraft, the parody soundtrack, as recorded by a bunch of dorks, AND a guitarist who deserves cooler friends.