Author Topic: Game on @ the ACMI  (Read 2309 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Game on @ the ACMI
« on: March 15, 2008, 08:18:32 pm »
This is an Exhibition being held at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image here in Melbourne. http://www.acmi.net.au/game_on.aspx It will be on for the next few months I figure I might get a long at some point. I was wondering if there anyone talks anyone is interested in hearing about I may even write up a bit of a report on what I see when I go. A list of talks being done can be found here. Keep in mind I'll probably only make it weekends although I could possibly get into the late night Thursdays. Similar if you see any other aspects of the exhibition you would like to knwo abotu let me know I'll see if I can plan a time to go and have a look around.

Personally I'm pretty interested in these 2

what's a good game?
How does one rate a good game?

Leading game reviewers Steven O'Donnell (aka Bajo), Jason Hill (The Age) and Yahtzee Croshaw (Hyper and PC Gamer) argue the finer points of game reviewing, and offer some insight into the best and worst moments of playing games for a living.

aussie games
Did you know that the Australian game industry is over twenty years old and has been making international hits for decades?

From Dark Reign and Heroes of the Pacific to the 2007 Game of the Year Puzzle Quest, our panel of experts will put forward their favourite Australian made games and discuss the criteria for a game to be claimed as Australian.

Chaired by Yug and Matt from Australiangamer.com with Jason Hill (The Age) and David Hewitt (Tantalus Interactive).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 08:24:33 pm by Cobra »

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Game on @ the ACMI
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 08:59:38 am »
Thats really cool, I'd like to hear about whatever you happen to see when you go with pictures. I'd be happy to post your write ups on my blog with any photos. You can link from there to anywhere you like.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 02:24:03 am »
Well I just got back from checking this out I didn't see Yahtzee partly because I didn't know where the room where the talk was going on was, but mostly because I was busy being distracted playing Portal the station showing it.

Expect a full report on LadyMpire in the coming days.

Offline El Stevo

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 12:43:40 pm »
Well I just got back from checking this out I didn't see Yahtzee partly because I didn't know where the room where the talk was going on was, but mostly because I was busy being distracted playing Portal the station showing it.

Expect a full report on LadyMpire in the coming days.
I'm looking forward to reading it! I'm always interested in this kind of event.
Don't touch the screen!
Rank 4: Elite
Gamertag - El Stev0  |  Last.fm
Overwhelmed, as one would be, placed in my position.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 10:22:57 am »
Cool! Look forward to it!!

Cobra's report on Game On.