Author Topic: Maclife First Look The Evolution of Spore  (Read 5627 times)

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
Re: Maclife First Look The Evolution of Spore
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 06:56:15 pm »
The clothes actually look...comfortable!
Looking anyway :).

Great find Rob ;D.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇´)人(´∇`)人(`∇´)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 01:45:31 am »
EA expects that some gamers will play with the creature editor almost exclusively. Sometime before the Spore launch--the company wouldn’t specify when--EA plans to release a creature-only version of the title, letting gamers model and play with new species.

I reckon they mean "Creature Editor-only version", not "Creature-only version."

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2008, 03:16:23 am »
I know this might be a ruff estimate on how long it took for them to get bored but only 76 hours in total for the entire game. I would hope that you wouldn't get bored with the Space stage in only 30 hours. Don't get me wrong, 76 hours is good for a game, but I have gotten more outta games like Disgaea than that. A good RPG can do you for that long. I could not even try to estimate of how much time I will invest in just one of my creatures. Even being a gamer with a full time job during the week this game would only last you two maybe three weeks before you would get bored.
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline Amazingchi

• Mystery House Madman
  • It's sooo close!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2008, 03:21:47 am »
I know this might be a ruff estimate on how long it took for them to get bored but only 76 hours in total for the entire game. I would hope that you wouldn't get bored with the Space stage in only 30 hours. Don't get me wrong, 76 hours is good for a game, but I have gotten more outta games like Disgaea than that. A good RPG can do you for that long. I could not even try to estimate of how much time I will invest in just one of my creatures. Even being a gamer with a full time job during the week this game would only last you two maybe three weeks before you would get bored.

Well i suppose not playing it 30 hours straight would help, breaks would refresh the interest (plus i suppose he meant per run through, but it's still seems shockingly low)

Offline darkwanderer

• Astrosmasher!
  • Step into the dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 07:32:02 am »

Well i suppose not playing it 30 hours straight would help, breaks would refresh the interest (plus i suppose he meant per run through, but it's still seems shockingly low)

no not really, any reviewer would say that. a good reviewer wouldnt say "infininate replayability" or "200+ hours on one stage". 30 hours on one game is good. then you can restart, or make a new species etc. if you play longer its up to you. but to get to see everything new, 30 hours, seems about right to be fair

Offline Prok

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008, 09:25:52 am »
I love that picture of the creatures in hats.

Have we ever heard anything about the clothing editor being available in stages later than tribal?

Offline darkwanderer

• Astrosmasher!
  • Step into the dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 10:12:27 am »
I love that picture of the creatures in hats.

Have we ever heard anything about the clothing editor being available in stages later than tribal?

no, but we know that what is accesable before, is always accesable, except sometimes in a better form, so hut editor becomes building editor, so armour i guess would become clothing. although the way i see it in one article they said you continue to evolve and can change your creature in any phase, so i guess the armour part of the creature editor unlocks new clothing parts when you get to civ and robot parts in space etc

EDIT: i didnt mean in creature editor, i meant in tool/accessory/armour editor
« Last Edit: March 16, 2008, 10:14:08 am by darkwanderer »