Author Topic: Planet Colours  (Read 2771 times)

Offline darkov

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Sporepedia - Arrozal
    • View Profile
Planet Colours
« on: March 13, 2008, 02:31:01 am »
Don't know if anyone has an answer to this but I thought I'd ask.

Is there going to be a method to "sculpt" your planet, or at least choose the "colour scheme"? Not really important but if I want to play on a red planet or a desert-coloured planet it'd be handy to choose.

"It's an experience that is not often had but it's very memorable. When you've sat back and thought about the meaning of life or your place in the universe or are there aliens out there or did I evolve from pond scum or whatever it is, that kind of range of questions is the domain of Spore and everybody in some sense has asked our own set of those questions." -- Will Wright

Offline Cosmosis

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Main Creatures: "Hop Hop", "Tik Tak" and "Bum Bum"
    • View Profile
Re: Planet Colours
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 05:19:55 am »
You know, i've been wondering about something on those lines.
I've noticed in the recent vids we've seen (since Leipzig '07) that the environment differs from ice-pools to brownish desert-type tidepools. The thing i've been wondering is if you have a choice to choose how your tidepool and also planet environment is?
*loves Cosmosis for his ridiculous optimism* ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE! ;D

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 06:00:36 am »
I think we have. :) If my memory serves me right, there's this one time that they said that before you start a game, you get to choose the location and appearance of your starting planet. :) I just hope you can do the same with the systems. :(

Well anyways, I think they might also do it, just like in SimCity, where you sculpt the land before you build a city. :)

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 07:17:05 am »
I think we have. :) If my memory serves me right, there's this one time that they said that before you start a game, you get to choose the location and appearance of your starting planet.

yep, the guy in the "spoilerish" video said so
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline creiij

• Phoenix Fighter
  • I'm a jerk! A j-e-r-k!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 10:12:40 am »
I hope you get to choose your planet in the sense you get to pick your colors and then the game renders a planet for you with those settings, this way you will never get the same starting experience =)

Offline Petike

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 12:56:59 pm »
I think you can control the panspermia meteor, and browse from the existing locations.
Quote from: MasterChiToes in "Spore was dumbed down"
Maybe the Sporons are the ones that got dumbed down?  ;D

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 01:54:16 pm »
So like picking your neighborhood in the Sims, rather than sculpt your city in SimCity?

Offline darkwanderer

• Astrosmasher!
  • Step into the dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 04:35:17 pm »
So like picking your neighborhood in the Sims, rather than sculpt your city in SimCity?

yeah but of the thousands available youll be bound to find one you like, and if not, get to space stage and sculpt it into what you want it to be

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 09:17:16 pm »
Didnt someone say (I think it was WW) that one of the last missions you get before you head to space is to change the colour of your planet? I think it was in a recent article though i cant remember which

Offline darkwanderer

• Astrosmasher!
  • Step into the dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 07:35:23 am »
Didnt someone say (I think it was WW) that one of the last missions you get before you head to space is to change the colour of your planet? I think it was in a recent article though i cant remember which

yeah, because the empire colour was purple, although it was vague so it didnt necessarily mean terrain colour