Author Topic: Discovery: Pushing the human body to the limit:_____  (Read 3519 times)

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
Discovery: Pushing the human body to the limit:_____
« on: March 10, 2008, 08:33:09 pm »
Has anyone else been watching this series? So far i have only seen sight and nerves, but i must say, this show is really making me think; 'Wow, humans are badasses'.

The show goes really, really indepth into subjects such as how you see, why you see, what you see and where. Pain, why you feel it, how your brain senses it, etc.

Its pretty amazing.

Fixed title
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 08:48:13 pm by Danzik »

No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Ryederz

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Discovery: Pushing the human body to the limit:_____
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 12:34:35 am »
AWww i didn't watch it. may i buy a cd copy. i have collections of Discovery featured stories

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 08:30:51 am »
I watched the part where they dipped the guy in freezing water. The dude didn't even shiver! :o

Offline Ryederz

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 06:00:57 pm »
I watched the part where they dipped the guy in freezing water. The dude didn't even shiver! :o

maybe that guys is very tough. he can withstand the freezing water.

Offline Ryederz

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 06:06:54 pm »
I really Love watching discovery channel. How man build such extreme machines. Like the Airbus 380. I hope they can also feature some of  the latest developtment on Boeing 747-8 and 787. According to the magazine i read. Most of the aircraft parts are made from composite materials.

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 04:51:43 pm »
I remember watching something like this on the Discovery channel but it was called Real Superhumans or something like that. I agree Humans are extremely tough individuals and we can take alot of punishment regardless of what many belive, I think the craziest example of Human Luck and Strength was when I was watching Spike TV's What the **** series. Basically a man went skydiving and seconds into the skydive his parachutte got tangled up, you see him spinning around in the sky (His buddies were filming him from the ground) and essentially theres nothing slowing his descent save a small bit of the parachutte.

A good two minutes later of virtual freefall he slams into the ground, you can hear the thud and his body bounces off the ground. His friends run over to him and hes ALIVE on the ground, and the best part he only has a few broken ribs! Madness!
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline Ryederz

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 06:04:22 pm »
I remember watching something like this on the Discovery channel but it was called Real Superhumans or something like that. I agree Humans are extremely tough individuals and we can take alot of punishment regardless of what many belive, I think the craziest example of Human Luck and Strength was when I was watching Spike TV's What the **** series. Basically a man went skydiving and seconds into the skydive his parachutte got tangled up, you see him spinning around in the sky (His buddies were filming him from the ground) and essentially theres nothing slowing his descent save a small bit of the parachutte.

A good two minutes later of virtual freefall he slams into the ground, you can hear the thud and his body bounces off the ground. His friends run over to him and hes ALIVE on the ground, and the best part he only has a few broken ribs! Madness!

YUP we are tough, sometimes i wonder why people survive to those accidents that are impossible to survive, just what you've mention who bounce in the ground. stunts that went out of control. do we really have a guardian angle that protect us?!?

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 06:26:26 pm »

YUP we are tough, sometimes i wonder why people survive to those accidents that are impossible to survive, just what you've mention who bounce in the ground. stunts that went out of control. do we really have a guardian angle that protect us?!?

Yeah, they probably fell at the right angle otherwise they would be dead, lol.

Now seriously, I call it luck.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 06:30:22 pm »
It annoys me about the brain thing though. They kept calling the thingy the "want center". I want the technical term, dammit! Now I have to refer to it as the "want center thingy"...which will not help me out at all for quizbowl.

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 02:28:41 pm »
I was looking at there site on Discovery and I watched a few of there videos. Very amazing stuff! The human body is crazy, the Tornado story really reinforces that video I watched. The guy slammed into the ground at 30 miles an hour after being caught by a tornado and he didnt have a single bone broken.
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals