0 (0%)
Develop Defences
5 (29.4%)
Improve Social
2 (11.8%)
Develop Social
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Alternate Earth  (Read 12309 times)

Offline Gooey Kablooie

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Ummmm, nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Alternate Earth
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2008, 01:33:43 pm »
I agree with Minotaur, on acount of being totally right about the awesomeness of dinosaurs and the fact that the Dinaetochids movement is already well above average and we don't just have to look out for the older Dinaetochids but the young ones too! The issue of others eating eggs and the defences of the young and the natural defensive parenting instincts are required because how will there be any older Dinaetochids if there are fewer being born, defense and offense both gain from increased Dinaetochids. Let's beat these bloody mammals!

Offline Nugget_N

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2008, 02:05:51 pm »
Hmm, good point, will have to vote for defences next time.  ;)

Offline Xoatl_169

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Beast MODE!
    • View Profile
    • Twi Light
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2008, 07:27:30 pm »
im not looking forwards to dinosaurs but, taller version of the terror eagles, with the spike on the wing to turn into hands and we become sapient. That are my hopes and dreams
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Dimitri1only

Leave me some comments would you?

Offline OathinBlood

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Cthulhu Cultist
    • View Profile
    • Genesis - Spore Game Forum
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2008, 11:47:58 pm »

Generation Four - Unknown Dinaetochid
Mindanao is now a very large isle, surrounded by many smaller islands, together making up more than half of what used to be the Philippines. The concrete structures of humanity still stand, overtaken by jungle growth and slowly decaying, giving back to nature what it once stole. In these decaying concrete ruins life has evolved a myriad of forms, either adapted for hiding amongst the rubble or hunting amongst the rubble - an ecosystem of stealthy rogues hunted by stalking predators. The ground-monkeys have adapted to this new niche, becoming predatory and solitary primates, their bodies lean and thin to ambush the ground-dwelling swarms of nut-gathering colugos. Another variant of the gliding colugos has adapted to a niche not unfamiliar to that of our ancestors - flying predators preying on small animals amongst the canopy. These eagle-colugos, though plentiful and relatively harmless, often inhabit canopies far too dense for our massive wingspans to penetrate. The new deep jungle threat has so far managed to evade contact with dinaetochids enough as to not penetrate its image into our inherited genetic memory. Whatever it is, it has managed to take down a couple dinaetochids here and there - something nothing else on the island has been able to do. Thankfully, evolution has handed us a couple of adaptations. A bulbous lump above our beak allows us to funnel air in through the nasal cavity and snort it out rapidly, creating a loud trumpet-like call that can be heard for miles around. This new defense has allowed us to alert others when danger is around, as well as to call for mates during the breeding season. A minor adaptation in the structure of our feathers has made us slightly more aerodynamic, allowing us to take the place of the fastest flying animal in the world for our size.

Successful as a long-lived, colossal giant of the skies, the dinaetochids of the Philippines are still among the most ferocious predators on the earth. Still, their apex position is getting increasingly competitive as the passage of time and the process of evolution gives other species a chance to rise up as predators, whether they be slender, muscular primates or gliding bundles of muscles and fangs.
Quote from: Plank of Wood
It's a lot quicker to type normally than to move your finger over the shift button constantly, meaning you eat slightly more food in your life time. That extra food you have to eat could feed a whole nation of chinchillas!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2008, 02:24:08 am »
Awesome trumpets! ;D
Let's find a way to be more adaptable.

Offline Neoskel

• Omega Racer
  • Wait, shouldn't there be 2 per larva?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2008, 08:03:41 am »
Why is there an N/A option?

I say we should work on developing social or improving intelligence

Offline MinotaurWarrior

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2008, 11:16:17 am »
   Improve hunting by using these trumpets to co-ordinate ourselves (one trumpet for prey, two for scary things, etc.) . Maybe even do some minor short-term herding, scaring prey out of terrain where we can't kill them, then swooping in onc3e they're out in the open.

Offline OathinBlood

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Cthulhu Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2008, 07:07:14 pm »
Why is there an N/A option?

I say we should work on developing social or improving intelligence
You can't improve your flying any further at the moment, that's why.
It's a lot quicker to type normally than to move your finger over the shift button constantly, meaning you eat slightly more food in your life time. That extra food you have to eat could feed a whole nation of chinchillas!

Offline Gooey Kablooie

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Ummmm, nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2008, 09:47:20 pm »
I think developing social can help on many levels. Simply by being able to communicate better we can help build our defences (ex. certain eagles watching after another's young while the parents hunt, warning of danger). Also, the obvious hunting methods have also been introduced that help integrate pack hunting to the eagles which can help flush out easier small prey or bring down the big meanies.

Offline OathinBlood

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Cthulhu Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2008, 10:54:17 pm »
Sorry for my recent absence, just getting my computer fixed up. Inexplicably, the scanner still fails to work, despite the printer working fine (it's one machine). Stupid machines. Anyways, I did draw a picture of the next evolution, and managed to take fairly decent pictures of it with my camera and put that on my computer. I'll colour and update them soon. Our dinaetochid is feasting on one of the descendants of the monkeys, a ground-dwelling baboon-like predator.

Check out the pictures.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff197/Blumboman/Alternate%20Earth/DSC01203.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff197/Blumboman/Alternate%20Earth/DSC01202.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff197/Blumboman/Alternate%20Earth/DSC01201.jpg

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2008, 01:05:18 am »
They're massive!

Awesomeness! 8)

Offline OathinBlood

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Cthulhu Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2008, 09:13:14 pm »

Generation Five - Unknown Dinaetochid
Mindanao. A series of isles now unrecognizable from its human-inhabited past. The concrete jungles of mankind have now long since crumbled and decayed, replaced by the emerald jungles of nature. Hundreds of new species inhabit the leafy canopies, from new species of fruiting trees to the ape-wolves and rat-colugos descended from the wildlife of the past. The primates of the island have diversified more than successfully, their many variations inhabiting the jungle at many different levels. On the ground, amongst gnarled roots and dense undergrowth, live the ape-wolves, vicious carnivorous predators who hunt in packs and prey on the descendants of boars, largely unchanged. In the trees are the descendants of monkeys, now something more akin to a hairy warm-blooded lizard, living in dens and snapping up insects when given the slightest opportunity. The true apes congregate in herds dozens strong in the large jungle clearings. Their form is similar to that of a gorilla, though having been achieved through convergent evolution and being the first true Asian ape, it is a remarkable step in the evolution of primates. We have changed as well, though our success has slowed our evolution. Our trumpet-horn has swelled and grown remarkably, now a fully-fledged auditory organ able to emit foghorn-like calls that reverberate through thick and thin plant growth alike. Our brains have also near doubled in size, and are among the largest brains on planet Earth, in the absence of man. We are intelligent, though not overly so. With the ability to count and the ability to freely associate, we are at a level of intelligence somewhere between a crow and a domesticated dog.

Still the feared kings of the jungle, adorned with a crown of feathers, we are facing a new threat in addition to the mysterious predator of the deep jungle. A descendant of the colugo has gained the ability of flight, and has proved rather prolific in the nourishing arms of Mindanao's jungles. It looks somewhat like a fruit bat, though it has a distinctively primate look about it, despite it not being a true primate by any shot. Its diet has proven problematic for us - it feasts mainly on fruit, though it has taken to robbing our nests of late. In and of itself it is not a problem at all, its scrawny body and shaky flight no problem for our rending claws and tearing beaks, but it tends to fly into the deep jungle with our eggs, where our massive wingspans cannot reach.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2008, 11:53:53 pm »
Nice! Lets start building a large community to ward away those pesky egg-snatchers! :)

Offline Neoskel

• Omega Racer
  • Wait, shouldn't there be 2 per larva?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2008, 03:10:07 am »
we are at a level of intelligence somewhere between a crow and a domesticated dog.

The dog being the lower spectrum of course.  ;D

Good stuff.

Vote develop social so that we can leave individuals behind to guard the nests.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2008, 09:27:01 am »
Awesome, guy. What will we do when we become intelligent?