0 (0%)
Develop Defences
5 (29.4%)
Improve Social
2 (11.8%)
Develop Social
3 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Author Topic: Alternate Earth  (Read 12070 times)

Offline OathinBlood

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Cthulhu Cultist
    • View Profile
    • Genesis - Spore Game Forum
Re: Alternate Earth
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 03:48:17 pm »
In the picture where the 'Terror Eagle' is standing with its wings folded the bone spike should be at the 'shoulder' because of the way wings fold up. Cuz right now the wing diagram and the picture  disagree with each other.
I know, I caught that too. I'm going to get around with changing it today or soon.
Quote from: Plank of Wood
It's a lot quicker to type normally than to move your finger over the shift button constantly, meaning you eat slightly more food in your life time. That extra food you have to eat could feed a whole nation of chinchillas!

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 06:03:06 pm »
Nice update. The diagrams are a nice touch. :)

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline OathinBlood

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Cthulhu Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 06:12:17 pm »
Nice update. The diagrams are a nice touch. :)
Well, since the changes were mostly internal, I had to do something other than add a little spike on the wings.

Anyways, you guys chose to IMPROVE SOCIAL. Remember, improve means to improve things we already have. The only social aspect of our lives right now is our mating cycle. If you want pack-hunting or the like, you need to develop instead of improve.

I'll update soon, hopefully tonight, but we'll see.

EDIT - I've modified the picture slightly for the archives, to fix up the anatomy error and to change the layout a tad.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 06:24:24 pm by OathinBlood »
It's a lot quicker to type normally than to move your finger over the shift button constantly, meaning you eat slightly more food in your life time. That extra food you have to eat could feed a whole nation of chinchillas!

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 08:02:45 pm »
I haven't been completely watching this, but from what I see, excellent work.

Offline Neoskel

• Omega Racer
  • Wait, shouldn't there be 2 per larva?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 02:01:38 am »
EDIT - I've modified the picture slightly for the archives, to fix up the anatomy error and to change the layout a tad.

Actually from what i see you just deleted it... Did you change the image tag in the post?

Offline OathinBlood

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Cthulhu Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 08:39:43 pm »

Actually from what i see you just deleted it... Did you change the image tag in the post?
The picture in the archives (separate thread) is the only one modified.

Offline OathinBlood

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Cthulhu Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2008, 11:26:57 pm »

Generation Three - Unknown Dinaetochid
The island of Mindanao continues its ever expansive growth, fueled by rivers of molten rock spewing forth from the planet's core. Plant life grows almost as fast, covering new land as soon as it is cool enough to seed, growing out of the ashes like a phoenix rising. Meanwhile, Mindanao's resident phoenixes - the massive 'terror eagles' known as the dinaetochids continue to evolve. With no life on the island even able to hold a match up against the dinaetochids' raw size and strength, evolution has pushed forth in the brain once again, this time towards the realms of social behaviour. Reproduction has grown into a complex, life-long affair once again. Mating rituals alone last several months, involving an ever-increasingly detailed series of decorative flights, dances, and displays. Once a dinaetochid has chosen its illustrious mate, the pair mate for life. This complex reproductive behaviour has pushed the evolution of a crown of long feathers in males, used to attract females. Other life on the island has not been idle either. Twenty pound colugos jump from tree to tree to feast on giant ripe fruit, now too heavy to glide. The rat-colugos have grown into gaunt skeletal forms with dagger-like incisors and sharp, piercing claws. They've been known to hide on a branch and jump onto a passing dinaetochid, living off of its blood until it flies back to its nest, where it hides until the fiercely protective avian parents leave to hunt. Upon that happening, it ravenously devours eggs and chicks, then making its get-away. Such occurrences are rare but devastating. The ground-monkeys have grown larger and more powerful, their skeletons adapting to live life on the ground. Their build is now a mixture of baboon and gorilla, and they dwell in packs dozens strong on the ground. With their sharp eyes and loud voices, they are hard to sneak up on without alerting the entire herd. This has sparked more evolution in the social lobe of the brain. Dinaetochids are now believed to have occasionally demonstrated pack hunting techniques, chasing ground-monkeys into the jungles, separating them, then snatching them up to tear apart and eat. If true, it is a remarkable step into new ground for the avian race.

Dinaetochids, as their name implies, are still the dominant predator on Mindanao, though with its rapidly expanding land, their position may be in trouble. Deep in the heart of the jungle, where the trees are too dense and the overgrowth is too thick for the wings of dinaetochids, animals are going missing. Large animals, like the dwindling populations of vine-swinging primates. The dinaetochids are not the only predator on the island now that time has given other species a chance to catch up...

Offline Neoskel

• Omega Racer
  • Wait, shouldn't there be 2 per larva?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2008, 11:49:54 pm »
Quote from: Gandalf
Fly you fools!

Scary deep jungle monsters can't get us if they can't reach us.

Offline MinotaurWarrior

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2008, 11:44:15 am »
First off, just felt like saying that, as always, this is a great game.

I think that, since some of us are getting killed and there's a new ominous creature lurking in the shadows, it'd probably be a good Idea to develop some defenses.

Offline Xoatl_169

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Beast MODE!
    • View Profile
    • Twi Light
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2008, 02:14:17 pm »
i agree to both, great game and develop new defenses
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Dimitri1only

Leave me some comments would you?

Offline OathinBlood

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Cthulhu Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2008, 03:45:49 pm »
Aw, shucks. You guys are the best. :D I'll wait until I get more votes and less ties before I update.

Offline Nugget_N

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008, 04:27:18 pm »
Improve movement, if the big bad monster can't catch us, then we are safe.

Offline OathinBlood

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Cthulhu Cultist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2008, 05:52:47 pm »
Unless it can fly.

Offline Nugget_N

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2008, 05:55:26 pm »
But we would fly faster and more agile then this monster, trust me, defences are overrated. ;)

Offline MinotaurWarrior

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2008, 11:30:42 am »
Nuh-uh! Defenses are one step closer to dinosaur-hood! Terrifying thunder ftw! We shall come from the sky, swift as lightning, and very very frightening! And when those monkeys make weapons and attempt to repeat the horrors of Australia we shall be prepared, for we shall have defenses! Our eggs will be too tough for any but own own kind to crack! And our parents will be ever-vigilant! Our skin shall become scale and no hollows of breasts left or right shall be vulnerable to the watchman's arrow! We are the kings of the jungles and no creature shall ever usurp us! For we are Dinaetochid!