Poll

How will we begin?

Manage our own Company and Fighters
2 (66.7%)
Manage an existing Company and Fighters
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: WMMA MetaGame  (Read 3485 times)

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
WMMA MetaGame
« on: March 07, 2008, 07:27:11 pm »
Hey guys, I guess its time for my first RP/Meta Game, its called WMMA (World of Mixed Martial Arts) and its based in whatever year we choose to have it in. Now I know some of you arent into MMA or Wrestling as you falsely call it so save your "I dont like Wrestling" comments for another thread. I use a very well made game called WMMA and its highly moddable and customizable features allow you to do virtually anything within the game so its alot of fun. Anyway as I am rather new to making my own MetaGame I would love to have some suggestions from you guys, but first I will post how I plan on centering the game. First of all we will start with some options.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Option 1-Start off with our own Company, with our own fighters
Option 2-Start off with another Company of our choosing
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overall Game Setup
Depending on whether or not we start our own company we will all have to make our own Fighters, the layout information will be provided here.

Weightclasses
3-4 Weight Classes depending on what we choose, it goes from heaviest to lightest.We may also add a Womens weight divison if there are any female characters.
Super Heavyweight: 245-+ pounds
Heavyweight:200-245pounds
Middleweight:170-199Pounds
Lightweight:146-169 Pounds

Areas
There are several "Areas" in which we can choose to begin in some have advantages and disadvantages but those will be listed when the voting for that comes up.
1-USA
2-Japan
3-Canada
4-Mexico
5-South America
6-United Kingdom
7-Europe
8-Australia
9-Asia

Characters
This is where things may get slightly complicated, I will post the layout for characters below the actual character information.
Name:
Shortname:
Nickname:
Physical Description:
Born:
Becomes Active:(Please keep in mind, you cannot become active until you are 18 years old in the game so for characters to be usable there birthday and Activation must be before the time we actually begin the sim)
Hometown:
Nationality:
Based In:Where you live in the game
Height:
Fighting Style:
Fight Approach:(Choose from-Regular,Counter Fighter,High Aggresion,Methodical,Explosive,Showman,Intense,Relaxed)

Layout
The most important step, this is what defines our characters. Too make things fair we will start out with Points in which to purchase our skills and upgrade our characters, points are awarded after you win a fight or if you get a Fight of the Night,Submission of the Knight or Knockout of the Night.

Starting Points:200
Fighting Weight:105-320 (Please let me know what your fighting weight is, keep in mind this will decide your weight class)

Athletic Type
This determines your "General" attributes from strength,conditioning,reflexes,mobility,chin strength/recovery as well as your reflexes.
Average:0 Points
Above Average:25 Points
Superb:50 Points
Exceptional:75 Points
World Class:100 Points

Base Template
The Base Template adds modifiers to your Character, Level 10 is your average fighter meaning you would get in the 40-50 stat range depending on what type of fighter you pick. Level 15+ are fighters who are naturally gifted and will generally have a range of 70+ depending on the level.
Level 10:0 Points
Level 11:10 Points
Level 12:20 Points
Level 13:30 Points
Level 14:50 Points
Level 15:60 Points
Level 16-70 Points
Level 17-80 Points
Level 18-90 Points
Level 19-100 Points
Level 20:110 Points

Fighter Types
These are what your style and strengths are, they will be listed in no particular strength order.

Ace In The Hole(25 Points):This fighter is well rounded, having a good standing game and strong jiu jitsu skills, but he does tend to prefer to strike and look for the knock out. His weakness is that while he is very good everywhere, he isnt exceptional in any one area.

Beach Boy Gone Bad(30 Points):This fighter is noted for his exceptionally vicious and deadly ground and pound style, as well as his supreme conditioning. His weak point is his stand-up game, although it can only really be exposed by the very best strikers.

Big Daddy's Home(35 Points):This fighter is all about raw power, smashing enemies in a blitz of clubbing punches, whether standing or following a big slam takedown. He is vulnerable to submissions though.

Cyborg(65 Points):This fighter has virtually no weaknesses, and is basically an MMA Machine. He can manhandle opponents when up close, knock them out with his punches when standing, and is almost unbeatable when on the ground.

Enter The Spider's Web(50 Points):This fighter has outstanding Muay Thai, and loves to stand up and strike. He also possesses under-rated jiu-jitsu skills, and is fully able to compete if the fight does go to the ground.

Farm Boy Ground and Pound(45 Points):This fighter uses the normal ground and pound tactics, but uses his exceptional natural strength to make the 'ground' part more devasting, using big bone-crunching slams just as much as traditional takedowns.

Feet Of Fury(40 Points):This fighter is noted for his deadly powerful kicks, but also has good punches too. His weakness is on the ground, but that is hard to exploit because of his solid takedown defence.

Fireball XL(40 Points): This fighter has a strong wrestling background at his disposal, but has also developed a top quality stand-up game and now loves nothing more than to knock his opponent out with his amazing punching power.

Ice Cold Killer(35 Points)-This fighter is a knock out puncher whose power, hand speed and precision make him extremely dangerous. He can be beaten on the ground, but his top quality takedown defence means it is difficult to get him there to begin with.

Man Of A Thousand Tap Outs(25 Points):This fighter isn't particularly dangerous when exchanging strikes, although he can defend them well, but is absolutely deadly on the ground, being a master of submission wrestling.

Pain Prodigy(50 Points):This fighter is naturally gifted, and can do it all. He is extremely flexible and uses that to his advantage when using his incredible jiu-jitsu skills. He has good hands too, and can knock out, people just as easily as he can make them submit.

Rampaging Onward(35 Points): This Fighter is strong and supremely aggressive, he loves to pick up and slam his opponents. He is more than capable of knocking opponents out with his heavy hands, and he is also a top quality wrestler too.

Rush Job(50 Points): This fighter is one of the new breed; a competitor who can do it all. He can wrestle, use jiu-jitsu, and use takedowns to setup submissions, and also has KO power in his hands. He has no specific weak points to his game.

Skull Of Steel(45 Points):This fighter has a Greco-Roman wrestling background, but seems to prefer all out brawls where his heavy hands, incredible determination and legendary thick skull make him difficult to beat. He also has fine submission skills at his disposal.

So I faced An Axe Murderer(25 Points):This fighter is all about intensity, coming at his opponent hard and fast, looking to simply blow them away with a whirlwind of punches, kicks and knees all designed to get knock outs.

Welcome To Hollywood(50 Points):This fighter is a truly exceptional wrestler, but has grown to become a multi-dimensional competitor, boasting KO power in his hands, a vicious ground and pound attack, and an excellent submission game. It's very difficult to spot a weakness.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright thats it, remember every point must be spent and you must choose a Fighter Template. If you have any questions please let me know. Also you must have a character for every weight class.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 07:42:13 pm by Durgon »

Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
Re: WMMA MetaGame
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 07:43:42 pm »
The Poll is up, I probably should have made this clear. We are not actually RPing with our fighters except during interviews and or pre/post fight events. We as the community are the Managers of the Company we choose, we dictate what the Company does as well as who will fight who. I added the option to create our own fighters because its there and I think it also adds depth. Will so and so beat so and so from the GS Community? Anyway I hope this works!
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 12:00:44 am »
I'll try and have mine by Friday then. :)

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 12:03:44 am »
Glad to hear it, thanks for joining. :D

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 04:25:34 am »
Name: Christopher J. Long
Shortname: Chris
Nickname: Flip-out
Biography: As a child, Long grew up with her grandparents due to the death of both of his parents in a car accident, not long after he was born. Long was quite talented in athletics, not to mention that he also excelled in academic fields. After his grandparents’ death, Long was taken in by his uncle, Michael Long, an ex-Navy SEAL. Seeing the potential in the child, he thought him many different styles of physical combat. At the age of 18, Long graduated from college with a Bachelor’s degree in Human Kinetics. He then decided to enter the world of professional martial arts, which led him to where he is now
Born: June 14, 1980
Becomes Active: - - -
Hometown: San Francisco, California, USA
Nationality: American
Based In: Seattle, Washington, USA
Height: 5’, 4”
Fighting Style: Self thought a.k.a. Jeet Kune Do
Fight Approach: Counter Fighter
Fighting Weight: 150
Athletic Type: Superb
Base Template: Level 15
Fighter Types: Cyborg & So I faced An Axe Murderer

Name: Steve P. Long
Shortname: Steve
Nickname: Cold Heat
Biography: Where and when he was born is still unknown as of now, his true parents left him at the front porch of the Johnson’s residence and never returned. Flint and Mariah Long, not being able to have a child of their own, decided to take him in and raise him as their won.
On the 15th of March, 1920, Flint and Mariah’s car collided with a ten-wheeler truck while driving on interstate 4, killing them both and leaving Steve as the lone survivor. He was then adopted by his closest relative, Michael Long, his adoptive uncle. At the age of twenty, Steve, after finishing his course on Culinary arts, decided to join the WMMA, where his true passion lies.
Born: September 7, 1978 (adoptive)
Hometown: Orlando, Florida, USA
Nationality: American
Height: 5’, 7”
Fighting Style: Taekwondo
Fight Approach: Intense
Fighting Weight: 171
Athletic Type: Above Average
Base Template: Level 14
Fighter Types: Ace In The Hole, Big Daddy's Home, Feet Of Fury & Ice Cold Killer

Name: Nino D. Montero
Shortname: Nino
Nickname: El Forastero
Biography: Born to a family of professional wrestlers, Nino grew up with a deep level of respect and honor for the sport. At a very young age, Nino displayed a very strong hand grip, a common trait in their family. At the age of eighteen, Nino decided to follow in his family’s footsteps, much to his parent’s dismay. Still, Nino continued with his chosen career and little by little, gained back the support of his parents. After years of hard work and determination, Nino finally got accepted into the WMMA Heavyweight Division, where he is now known as an extremely skilled ground-fighter.
Born: July 22, 1984 (adoptive)
Hometown: Mexico, Mexico
Nationality: Mexican
Height: 6’, 1”
Fighting Style: Lucha libre
Fight Approach: Explosive
Fighting Weight: 231
Athletic Type: Above Average
Base Template: Level 19
Fighter Types: Welcome To Hollywood & Man Of A Thousand Tap Outs

Name: Alexander B. Kucen (Elric Gorbachev)
Shortname: Alex
Nickname: Red Anvil
Biography: Elric was born and brought up in Russia. He dreamed of joining the Russian Military, and eventually he became one of Russia’s best commandos. Unfortunately, before he could serve the Soviet Union, it collapsed. Knowing that the new government would have no reason to use him, he escaped to the United States. He then became a mercenary in LA, where he met a member of the UFC. Deciding that this is the chance for him to show his worth, he joined the WMMA using false documents and a false name, Alexander B. Kucen.
Born: December 26, 1977 (December 28, 1973)
Hometown: Los Angeles, California, USA (Moscow, Russia)
Nationality: American (Russian)
Height: 6’, 3”
Fighting Style: Command Sambo
Fight Approach: Methodical
Fighting Weight: 251
Athletic Type: World Class
Base Template: Level 14
Fighter Types: Pain Prodigy

Just for curiousity: What do you think will Bruce Lee's stats be? :)