Author Topic: Underbelly: Organised crime being marred by Piracy  (Read 1710 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Underbelly: Organised crime being marred by Piracy
« on: March 01, 2008, 04:45:57 pm »
Underbelly is a fantastic Australian Drama it's about the Gangland war that has been taking place in my home town of Melbourne. it covers events that took place between about 1995 and 2004. It basically has a who's who of Australian Actors as the cast a great sound track that's pretty much wall to wall great Australian music. The story it's self is top notch and the fact it is based in truth makes it even better. The down side due to the fact that court cases regarding some of the murders are still taking place. The series is banned in the State of Victoria to prevent the show from possibly sway the jury.

As a result no one here in Melbourne has seen the show. When I say no one has seen the show I mean to say every single man and his dog has seen the show. Now I don't condone downloading shows over the internet and I know this forum doesn't stand for it either but that doesn't change the fact that water-cooler talk in every office in the city is "Which episode of underbelly are you up to?" I think the main job description those working in an offices IT section is "maker of Underbelly copies." Piracy of TV shows is up with people not wanting to wait 6 month to see Lost but this is beyond anything I have seen it's not just the internet savvy that are in on this it's everyone.

Like i said before I'm not going to condone piracy or anything like that but if you can see this series then I recommend it to you.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
Re: Underbelly: Organised crime being marred by Piracy
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 11:27:35 pm »
I can't say I'm a big fan of the show. I don't know what it is, it just doesn't interest me.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: Underbelly: Organised crime being marred by Piracy
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 01:32:36 am »
It's actually really good show and incredibly well made.