Author Topic: Magnificent new video, so good it is spoiler-ish even!  (Read 33692 times)

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
Re: Magnificent new video, so good it is spoiler-ish even!
« Reply #150 on: March 01, 2008, 10:52:37 am »
Well I guess that German course in highschool can come in handy right about now :).
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇´)人(´∇`)人(`∇´)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 01, 2008, 10:56:54 am »
Hehe,

I'm also wondering: there are some screenshots from the cell phase that shows a very yellow backdrop, as opposed to the blue one we seem to be seeing in this video, so is this phase the real 3d from the planet and will it be different on every planet that we individually choose ?

Offline BalkanDain

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 01, 2008, 01:38:23 pm »
Thank god that Germans occupied us between 1940 and 45!
Those words have never been spoken before and will never be again hahaha
«Spore, better than sex.»
-Slognaizer-

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
    • If silence is golden, then my house is pyrite
« Reply #153 on: March 01, 2008, 01:51:39 pm »
Thank god that Germans occupied us between 1940 and 45!
Visit my blog: http://robertbobby91.blogspot.com/

SAT: Critical Reading: 680 Math: 720,  Writing: 690,  essay: 12
WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline uj

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Let's roll!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 01, 2008, 02:19:14 pm »
The Nazis stole and ruined Roman salutes. It's considered bad to do Roman salutes in public now because people think it's Nazi.
My predictions for Spore.

1) No water creatures at initial release. I was right about this even when the fanboys were denying it.
2) No composite limbs at initial release. eg. Buttface; attaching a limb to a limb to... Update: Prediction was incorrect. Buttface is in!
3) Spore will outsell the Sims and be the best selling game of all time until something better comes along.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 01, 2008, 02:54:29 pm »
Thanks!

Edit: I just noticed.

Radioactive creature symbol.

Wat.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 02:59:23 pm by Veraal »

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 01, 2008, 03:00:56 pm »
Well, someone who is a fluent german and english speaker could translate it over.
I think I'll try.
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Tonjevic

• Scramble Skipper
  • Victori Jane Surn
    • View Profile
    • It's my muck-around space.
« Reply #157 on: March 01, 2008, 03:35:12 pm »
Thanks!

Edit: I just noticed.

Wat.

Epic creature, perhaps?

that symbol says 'Danger, danger, Will (W)Robinson!' to me.

-Understated elegance.

Offline Protoavis

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2008, 04:10:06 pm »
It looks like the jumpy/glidey thing is true. Just after the big creature kills the other and the creature we're watching goes to scavenge the corpse, in the background on the left hand side just after the dead creatures foot you see a creature doing a double jump and gliding kirby style
"Oh mummy, the bad man said bad things, please mummy...mummy" said the 20+ yr old man.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2008, 04:25:57 pm »
Translation of the introduction and the cell phase:

"Attention: Quick question: Who is that?
Well, not the woman on the left. That's Jeanette Biedermann, but she's unimportant at the moment. I mean the man with the funny haircut and the ... umm ... smart facial expression. I'll give you a hint: He invented two big game series: Namely Sim City and the Sims. You guessed it, right? Sure, that spectacle wearer is Will Wright in his capacity as famous developer and visionary, and his newest creation is called "Spore"!.
In this evolution simulator you're playing the life of a self-made life-form, namely in five phases: Cell, creature, tribal, civilisation and space.
For the first three parts, I'll show you some moving pictures. Of course it starts with the cell phase.
Interestingly, it starts where Spore will end later: in space! Namely with a comet. The interstellar chunk of ice flies past the sun and is on target for a planet. Why? Because the comet sows life, namely micro organisms, which will cavort and spread on the target planet from now on.
Your first fosterling will emerge from a part of the celestial body too. This one you may tinker in an editor before. How that works, I'll show you soon. I decided for a ... black thing with bug eyes here. With my amoeba, I'm paddling through the primordial ooze now and have to do one thing above all: eating. Game-play wise it reminds a little bit of pacman: My beastie munches green lumps and gets gradually fatter and bigger. This way I'm also piling DNA points up, which I'll spend for upgrades later.
Bigger beasties I should avoid at all costs, otherwise my amoeba will be become prey itself, such as this buddy, who's fate is shown in a short sequence. This both makes sense and is useful, because he loses my first genetic component, which I grab immediately. Great! Now I can arm my protozoa with spikes.
So I'm opening the editor, in which I created my protozoa before. Here I'm trading DNA points for upgrades, but also I'm changing the look of my fosterling. Let's see... The tail fin will be relocated this way, a little bit enlarged. Moreover this beastie is too plump and too black for me. Thus changing width and colour, best into an umm ... eye-friendly ... magenta. Well now a spike will be mounted, so that I can attack and eat other amoebas. Eating vegetarian all the time is boring too. Finally some new eyes and a mouth, otherwise it couldn't eat.
And finally my new protozoa hatches from the egg and can sting other animals. For that, skill is needed, because I have to aim precisely. Then that's no problem anymore, but uh... I still have to watch out for bigger beasties, but they shall just wait and see! My little beastie will continue feeding and growing and sometime it'll take over the world."

Translation of the creature and tribal part coming soon. :P
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline MTCason

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2008, 04:29:24 pm »

Wat.

I think that's a frowny face.  If you look at some of the other screenshots, it seems that selecting another creatures shows a happy face or frowny face, perhaps depending upon whether or not they're friendly towards your creature/tribe?

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2008, 05:51:03 pm »
That makes sense, there is even a "like" meter to the left.
i think. what we need is an official vid from some developers with extreme quality.

Offline thorjarle

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Between the lines
    • View Profile
    • thorjarle.com - mellom linjene
« Reply #162 on: March 02, 2008, 12:11:11 am »
Translation of the introduction and the cell phase:

Great! Thanks :)

Offline darkwanderer

• Astrosmasher!
  • Step into the dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 02, 2008, 10:41:33 am »

Translation of the creature and tribal part coming soon. :P

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 02, 2008, 10:46:57 am »
The Nazis stole and ruined Roman salutes. It's considered bad to do Roman salutes in public now because people think it's Nazi.

and people say you can't learn anything on forums ;)
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"