Author Topic: Death Metal  (Read 26361 times)

Offline Snake Plissken

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Resident Evil 5 coming in March 13, '09
    • View Profile
Re: Death Metal
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2008, 04:19:06 pm »
Hey, you know you're not supposed to double post right? I'm only warning you that so the moderators don't get to you later when you post on other topics.

Well moving on from that. I haven't anything new about Metallica other than that Masters of Puppets album remastered from other metal bands. Her's a song for example that Chimaira played Disposable Heores

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo00md6Lch4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo00md6Lch4</a>

In case you want more songs from Chimaira, I'll post another clip on here some other time.

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2008, 05:16:36 pm »
Wow, haha I wish I'd have checked the music section more often...Metal is my music.

All time favorites are Iron Maiden, Megadeth, and Dio...I've seen Megadeth and Dio play live, when they were touring under Dio's version of Black Sabbath (which is indisputably metal; it's the godfather of metal for gods sake...), but I've yet to see Iron Maiden. Hah, until recently I was all bummed out they only had a single show planned for the east coast: a sold out venue in New Jersey. But a couple nights ago I checked the tour calender, and they've got like 5 more, and one of them is in Cleveland, Ohio, like maybe 45 minutes driving time!! So freakin' excited, I'm gonna see Maiden!!!

But yeah, 'nyways...am I the only one who's sick of all the damn screaming these new metal bands are doing?? At least to my ears, every new metal band is starting to sound the same, with a screamo front man and most of the time a thrash drummer. I know they can be extremely different instrumentally, but the screaming always seems to distract from that. I'm always looking for new music, especially new metal, so it's a huge disappointment when I go to a myspace or whatever and start to dig the music, until I hear them start screaming.  Lamb of God, Shadows Fall, Children of Bodom, In Flames, etc...

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wish there were more metal bands out there with good vocals...

Offline Snake Plissken

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008, 05:21:54 pm »
I've heard of those bands before even Soilwork and Chimaira. No one here DARES to say crap about Chimaira. Not on my watch.

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2008, 05:29:02 pm »
I've heard of those bands before even Soilwork and Chimaira. No one here DARES to say crap about Chimaira. Not on my watch.

I saw Chimaira play during Sounds of The Underground...they put on an insane show! All I remember is staring across the entire concert venue and seeing one gigantic mosh pit...of course GWAR stole the show at the very end...

But it's the same thing...their singer turns me off.

Offline 666

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2008, 06:57:37 am »

I saw Chimaira play during Sounds of The Underground...they put on an insane show! All I remember is staring across the entire concert venue and seeing one gigantic mosh pit...of course GWAR stole the show at the very end...

I've always wanted to see GWAR live
Spore fan since day one.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2008, 07:05:11 am »
Evidently, I don't care what people say about Chimaira, they are the only thrash metal band imo that is #1
Either way, every band is completely different, there not the same.

Offline 666

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2008, 03:11:38 pm »
Newly added to my list:

Cannibal Corpse.

Jesus, I love them. "Bought" the whole discography
Spore fan since day one.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2008, 07:01:33 pm »

Were you at the Starland Ballroom parking lot on July in 2007? I was there the same day Sounds of the Underground Tour was around. I was amazed to see Chimaira and these other bands that year. Also, I saw the same band again, yet Chimaira was not the headliner. The last day they toured in the U.S. was in Sayreville, NJ. I got a lot of pictures of them on my cellphone. To say the least, that was the best thing that made me feel resurrected after 3 days of HSPA testing. :)

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2008, 08:50:52 pm »
Nope I saw them at Tower City Ampitheater in Cleveland, OH...stupid #!@$%ing Ticketmaster screwed up and said they started at 6:00 instead of like 2:00, and I ended up missing like two-thirds of the bands. But they were the crappier opening bands so oh well...:-) I got there in time to see Every Time I Die (of my favorites now, they're shows are always the most fun) and Chimaira. Both of them were pretty awesome...then some iffy band named Shadows Fall played right before GWAR, which kicked my ass all over the place  ;D!! Then friggin' Mushroom Head was like our "bonus band" at the end cuz they're from Ohio...but man did they blow.

Anyways...Cannibal Corpse scares me. I'm pretty sure every guy in that band has murdered at least ten people.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2008, 12:55:26 pm »
Nope I saw them at Tower City Ampitheater in Cleveland, OH...stupid #!@$%ing Ticketmaster screwed up and said they started at 6:00 instead of like 2:00, and I ended up missing like two-thirds of the bands. But they were the crappier opening bands so oh well...:-) I got there in time to see Every Time I Die (of my favorites now, they're shows are always the most fun) and Chimaira. Both of them were pretty awesome...then some iffy band named Shadows Fall played right before GWAR, which kicked my ass all over the place  ;D!! Then friggin' Mushroom Head was like our "bonus band" at the end cuz they're from Ohio...but man did they blow.

Anyways...Cannibal Corpse scares me. I'm pretty sure every guy in that band has murdered at least ten people.

Hahahaha..well that sounds pretty odd as hell to be honest. Chimaira should have been the headliner for the tour, tell me if I'm wrong. Anyway, I feel bad that Ticketmaster F-ed you about the time, I would have beaten the employees that were slacking on the job.

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 24, 2008, 09:49:49 am »
Sorry, but any band that beheads the Virginia Tech shooter and kills Satan with a dinosaur (on the same night!) are going to headline any show they play, be it Sounds of the Underground or Lollapalooza...

Offline 666

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2008, 07:16:16 am »

They don't have s*** on Lord Gore. Go to darklyrics.com and check out that dudes lyrics... Insane
Spore fan since day one.

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2008, 09:11:34 am »

They don't have s*** on Lord Gore. Go to darklyrics.com and check out that dudes lyrics... Insane

I dunno...the whole "shocking" lyrics thing never did it for me. Bands like Cannibal Corpse and Lord Gore (they're both friggin' crazy) are kind of a huge turnoff for me. But then again, crazy thing is I like GWAR. Haha...weird. But I guess it's because when they sing about torture and  stuff, it's funny and tounge-in-cheek, whereas CC and LG are...serious. And scary.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2008, 01:43:36 pm »
Sorry, but any band that beheads the Virginia Tech shooter and kills Satan with a dinosaur (on the same night!) are going to headline any show they play, be it Sounds of the Underground or Lollapalooza...

Hahahaha....real comedian. 8)

Offline SPOREGASM

• Fire Truck Driver
  • Sporon since day one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2008, 12:07:16 pm »
I lost my login for my 666 username.

Anyways, I've recently started listening to...

Cephalic Carnage
Cryptopsy
Goregasm
Brain Drill
Exhumed
Dying Fetus
Deeds of Flesh

Good stuff.