Author Topic: Audiosurf -- Now with names!  (Read 24262 times)

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
Re: Audiosurf
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 07:03:49 pm »
I tried uploading a 1 hour song, the game won't let you.

But allow me to present:
Liquid Sun

The graph doesn't do it justice, but this is madness. I played it with the ninja mono.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 09:33:41 pm »
Well I just bought this, it's quite fun. I loaded up a bunch of old game music that I have and it really adds new life to them!

Also, I liked your review Kond, it was good! :)

**EDIT**
Alright guys, if you want to do a really fun run try this one on for size. Download this song: Black Wing Metamorphosis (I removed the link, I fouled up with the linking) and run through it on the highest difficulty setting. It's fun and absolutly crazy.

If you are unsure as to how to download the song simply click the link, copy the URL that shows up, and paste the URL into a media player of some sort. Then all you've got to do is save the file on your computer. This file is legal to download, it is free as a part of the Voices of the Lifestream remix project.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 07:20:00 am by PatMan33 »

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 01:08:57 am »
My, but that's some good fun.  :D
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 04:08:26 am »
I can't wait until next wednesday when I can buy this.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2008, 05:29:34 am »
Hey, you even get the Orange Box Soundtrack for free with the demo!
You can just go to your Steam-directory (default is 'C:\Program Files\Steam', I believe), and then go to 'steamapps\common\audiosurf\engine', and there is a directory called 'Orange Box Soundtrack'. I think it's the entire thing. Cool :)

In other news, I've 'finished' the demo, and I'm a bit on the fence about buying this game. On one hand, it looks rather fun and the ability to import your own songs is a big plus, but on the other hand the game does appear to move rather fast for me, and the demo is a bit too short to give you a good feeling for the game and let you discover good tactics.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 05:38:59 am by Didero »

Offline caosss

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • I will scaR tha pants of U
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008, 06:26:36 am »
Yea, the demo kinda sucked..  :( Suddently it was just, Over.. The demo shouldnt expire, but have limited options to play with. It was fun to play nontheless

Offline james-kond

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008, 07:55:48 am »
Alright guys, if you want to do a really fun run try this one on for size. Download this song: Black Wing Metamorphosis and run through it on the highest difficulty setting. It's fun and absolutly crazy.

If you are unsure as to how to download the song simply click the link, copy the URL that shows up, and paste the URL into a media player of some sort. Then all you've got to do is save the file on your computer. This file is legal to download, it is free as a part of the Voices of the Lifestream remix project.

Enjoy!
Maybe we should get some highscore competition going on that song? (my Audiosurf account is James-Kond)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2008, 12:13:59 am »
Alrighty! I just spent the last few hours polishing off my review of Audiosurf; as usual it is being hosted over at LadyMpire, I hope you all enjoy it!

Audiosurf Review at LadyMpire

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2008, 05:41:38 am »

Or just Right Click -> Save Target As...

:)

Audiosurf account is [GS]Kishmond
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2008, 05:55:33 am »
Merely Mae, here I'm afraid. (I was young, so young, two weeks ago, in the beta).

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 07:20:41 am »
Oh hey, just download the song from the site's main page. I messed up a bit with the linking, this way is easier.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 09:56:53 am »
Yea, the demo kinda sucked..  :( Suddently it was just, Over.. The demo shouldnt expire, but have limited options to play with. It was fun to play nontheless
If you delete the 'AudioSurf Demo' entry in Steam (by right-clicking it, and choosing 'Delete local content'), and then download it again(or you could just copy the Audiosurf directory from 'steamapps/common' before you delete, and paste it back after you've deleted the local content and quit Steam), the demo resets, and you get to play 4 songs again. Because 4 songs is actually too short to get a feel for the game.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 10:06:55 am »
Oh hey, it is a very common question and in case any of you did not know the maximum length of a song for Audiosurf is twenty five minutes.

Which should leave enough room for most of us... I don't think I'd want to play anything longer than Bohemian Rhapsody to be perfectly honest.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 10:14:58 am »
well i want to play the steve podcast >_>

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 10:16:50 am »
Gauphastus I had a laugh at your stop score for The Touch, mainly for the fact that I knew who was number 1. And wow that was an impressive score.
My karma ran over your dogma