Author Topic: Lost Odyessy  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Lazerbyte

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You've been Lazered
    • View Profile
Lost Odyessy
« on: February 15, 2008, 07:37:22 am »
Has anyone else played this game?

It is so SLOW.  And the dream sequences you go through are so boring and they really don't net you anything other then a lot of reading.

The ring system is difficult and I have yet to pull off one of the speical moves.

All and all I am not impressted.  I guess I expected more from ex square people.

Thank you, as you have just been Lazered

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
Re: Lost Odyessy
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 05:35:12 pm »
I recently found out that the random battles take from 12 - 16 seconds to fully load up -- and even then, the combat is agonizing.

Sounds pretty bad... but how's everything else?
Story and gameplay and such. There's gotta be some sort of redeeming point in there somewhere.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 06:12:40 pm by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 05:48:32 pm »
Sounds pretty bad... but ho'ws everything else?
Story and gameplay and such. There's gotta be some sort of redeeming point in there somewhere.

Yeah there has to be something good about this title.
If it were all bad then whats the point of making this topic.

Well I found the review on IGN.com if that helps in anyway.
Check out the video review to know for sure of the ups and downs of the game.

Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 06:19:05 pm »
*watches review 'n stuff*
Okay, no.
Not a chance.

I do not have the patience to put up with transitions or two minute load times. I demand flow from my games, and if it's broken too much too often I just don't feel it. I can't.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Lazerbyte

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You've been Lazered
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 07:41:09 pm »
The worst is the dream remembering as you have to scroll through pages of lackluster story and you are like what does this have to do with the actual story.

I'm not sure overall how this going is going to be.

Also Microsoft again cheapens us Americans again by putting the 3 discs together on a spindle and then the last disc is in a sleeve.

If I'm going to pay $60 for a game MS GIVE ME BETTER PACKAGING. 

It would be like going to a high dollar store and getting a ripped up paper bag and your items just thrown in it carelessly.

They do so much for the Japanese market and the 360 doesn't even sell that well there.

I remember when I got my Limmited Edition of Halo 3 the disc was loose in the package!  $70 for a scratched coaster!

Thank you, as you have just been Lazered

Offline Cruithne

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Liquorice Bomb
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2008, 04:40:49 am »
Sorry, but you're all wrong. :P

This game is fantastic, and these forums are the first place I've seen anyone who has played the game speak so negatively about it. First of all, it's an old school JRPG, if you were expecting something else, then you will be disappointed.
Me, I love old school JRPGs, and boy do I love this game.
My favourite part?
The short stories.
You don't like them, then simply skip them, you do have that option, but if you do, you'll kinda miss the point of the game.
This is not your typical angsty teenagers getting all moody and sulky, this is about a man who has lived for over thousand years, and his memories accumulated from all that time, if you don't take the time to read them, and I mean take the time not simply skim through them, then you will miss the entire flavour and mood the game creates. These stories are written, not by a game designer, but by a professional writer, and it shows. Lackluster?, I don't think so.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 04:43:47 am by Cruithne »

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 05:48:54 am »
Not surprising to see a Lost Oddessey whine thread, upon realising who the topic creator was.

Personally, I'm not a fan of JRPG's.  I find all of them to be rather slow, tedious, predictable and melodramatic.  One exception to this though, was the Shadow Hearts series.  I'm very happy to see another big RPG series created by those guys.  So far the story seems a lot more interesting than the usual tripe you find in these kind of games, and the battles are made a lot more interactive with the judgement ring, or whatever it is they call it here.  Haven't actually played it myself yet though, so I can't really judge the quality, but everyone I've talked to who is a fan of these type of games, has loved it.  The people who don't tend to be the people who bought the Xbox to avoid these types of Japanese games.

So I don't really see what you're complaining about.  Last time you were annoyed by the lack of varation on the 360, but now games like these just aren't good enough for you?  We get it, you don't like the 360.  Don't bring your biased troll posts here.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2008, 07:03:23 am »
I was thinking of buying this game but I changed my mind when I saw Infinite Undiscovery

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25257.html
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Ping5000

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2008, 03:14:40 pm »
I was thinking of buying this game but I changed my mind when I saw Infinite Undiscovery

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25257.html
That looked good until it showed gameplay.