Poll

Do you use a special theme thoughout the game?

Yes a movie theme through all editors
2 (3.2%)
A book theme through all editors
2 (3.2%)
Game theme through all editors
7 (11.1%)
Different inspiration themes to each editor
5 (7.9%)
Free Imagination to all editors
40 (63.5%)
free imagination to 3 editors
3 (4.8%)
free imagination to only 2 editors
0 (0%)
free imagination to 1 editor
0 (0%)
maybe something completely different to get inspiration from...discuss!
4 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Author Topic: What design will your first game use?  (Read 7798 times)

Offline Spore-addict

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
What design will your first game use?
« on: February 15, 2008, 12:29:51 am »
Hi

I am thinking on what people will build their first game on.

Can only have one poll question so that limits it. Instead just write your answer below.

But What are your creature designed after?
Movie creature
Earth creature
Creature from another game
Book creature
Free imagination.

Please feel free to describe further into detail. Like Why it is made so, What it is moddeled after? Does any known creature resembles/look like it ?

Your Vehicles?
Movies
Books
Games
special Brand
Imagination

Again describe further into detail what your vehicles looks like and why they do look like that?

Your Buildings
1. Your hometown buildings
2. A special building style like greek, roman etc.
3. free imagination
4. Famous buildings
5. impossible buildings like some one that is not seen on earth due to collapse danger...;-)
6. A special theme for the buildings like cruel, metallic, or cuddly cute. It gives the impression of your creature?
Please feel free to describe further into detail. Like Why it is made so, What it is moddeled after? Does any known building resembles/look like it ?

Your spaceship?
Science fiction Movies
Science fiction Series
Science fiction Books
Basically what do you want your spaceship to look like. And why should it be like that. Furthermore what is the design reasons behind the spaceship? Does your spaceship tell something about your creature?

Please come with some serious answers.

The poll will try to see if people have a general theme thoughout the game, or is it random imagination all the way or perhaps different inspirations to each editor that makes the foundation of your Game.

Master Raytracer Spore-addict = KarmaCowboy

See you out there, feel free to comment my creatures.

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
Re: What design will your first game use?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2008, 12:57:51 am »
I think I've had the rough design for my ufo for the last year and a half or so, although there are still some details I need to iron out. The design is sort of inspired by the 747, but will obviously not be as big, and it will be more sleek.

Offline Parkaboy

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2008, 03:59:14 am »
I'm planning to make creatures inspired on aliens from hard sci-fi books, like Pierson's Puppeteers (Ringworld) or Cecropians (Summertide). I'm also going to experiment with a lot of insectoids and dinosaur-like fauna.
But for my first playable race I want a roughly humanoid, with clean sci-fi architecture and design. Something like the buildings and vehicles of early Dragon Ball series.
Another great inspiration is the graphic novel series "Les Mondes D'Aldebaran". Lots of weird but believable animals and really cool spaceships.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 04:30:29 am »
i'm just gonna make whatever pops into my head when i enter the editor, whatever that may be.
Never mind your own business.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 05:09:50 am »
Creature: The Kratair.  Large, four armed saurian.  Spines and stripes.  Scythes on arms.
Buildings: Towering monoliths.  Simplistic in outward design.  Metal.
UFO: Faintly inspired by Star Wars.  Small 4 winged craft.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 05:40:39 am »
Hmmmm....Mostly free imagination at first, methinks, then I might make other stuff based on scifi.

first creature: no idea.  I think big, strong, and predatory, with lots of sharp things (and nine legs)
building style:  random, chaotic, possible nonsensical
UFO: throw a bunch of uneven disk shaped pieces onto it, along with some random pipes and flashy lights.  Call it Stacopan (i.e. stack o' pancakes).
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 06:03:05 am »
For my creatures , I'm going to let them make very round and flat buildings, as they are more a mix between a wasp, a snake and a dragon they'll be close to the ground and so they'll build very flat and wide. Kinda like mushrooms mixed with a modern "saucer" design.

Offline plastik

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2008, 06:25:17 am »
When I was younger I always used to imagine what it would be like if dinosaurs were intelligent, and lived just like we do, in cities just like ours. So I think I'll make a race of velociraptors, but design their buildings to be as much like our own modern buildings look as possible, and my UFO will probably look like a space shuttle. So it's really just my crazy imagination combining various aspects of two real species into one.

Offline El Roboto

• Pong Paddle
  • The master of his own mind
    • View Profile
    • Sandswept Studios
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 07:12:53 am »
I'll probably start making my creature with a more sci-fi/earth like feel in mind but then I'll be switching over to some good old imagination to make it into something unique. I do have a few ideas for what I want to make , but the main problem is which one to start off with, if not just making something off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:14:39 am by El Roboto »

Offline creiij

• Phoenix Fighter
  • I'm a jerk! A j-e-r-k!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 08:08:32 am »
Hmm, that's a dilly of a question... I would probably go for free imagination, just testing and creating the first time around. I don't even know what my creature will look like, just test and play around I guess. The city won't have any theme as far as I know, just test test test and get the hang of it. First time I play trough Spore I will be good. Diplomatic and social, win friends over with cake, lots of cake. =)

Next time I will create a dark and evil creature along with a medieval city theme =)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2008, 12:22:31 pm »
Well I have a lot of creatures i already made on the forums i would like to see if i could recreate in spore. I would also like to see if i could replicate my Naucean empire in as much detail as I could.

I also would like to share what I made as I go with people on the forum and stuff since i know other will be doing it too. Not to mention I will be wanting to go collecting other peoples stuff. Especially marking people I know here who have made some amazing stuff.

I also was thinking it would be cool to have the Sagan 4 team actually be recreating their own species for spore so we could play with them in game. I so want to see a plent or sauceback. :D

Sure there would be other creatures i would want to see like Future is Wild, After Man, Wayne Barlowe Stuff, etc but I would expect those to be already made by other people so i would not have to make it my self and just look it up to download.

Offline Amazingchi

• Mystery House Madman
  • It's sooo close!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 12:30:35 pm »
If anyone is sad enough  and can remember the series of Books and TV show 'Animorphs'.

Andalites.... Although of course never really mentioned buildings.. although the ships are so...

Ye so the Blue horse/scorpion hybrid creature the Andalite.. that's what i've been thinking of making first.

Offline Shadowgandor

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 12:43:16 pm »
Seriously, I'm just going to foil aruond with the editor and see if I can make something I like.
I will however, try to make themes after playing the game once or twice :P

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 12:45:34 pm »
My first 50 or so play throughs will have themes but they will be my original themes. After that i might make some movie and game themed things.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 01:09:57 pm »
I'm winging it. Anyone else?
They're collectible! Sorta...