Author Topic: "Europe is the priority for Spore."  (Read 17957 times)

Offline CosmicD

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
Re: "Europe is the priority for Spore."
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2008, 10:35:41 pm »
i wasn't going to tell this because I wasn't 100% sure but didn't they also say befor that the sims actually had more followers here ? I thought I heard either WW or her say that.

Offline Chaosdwarft

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • Spread the Word of Chaos! Let it comsume You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2008, 10:38:27 pm »
2:28 Caryl Shaw started her talk, said that the European version is coming out first is that Europe is a much larger PC market than the States.

From the front page, it's not that Europe is better, they play more PC games. ;)

I did not expect that from Europe. I remember when I was like 10 that most of my friends had gaming consoles and almost no pc. Looks like that in 8 years of absence, much has changed in the Old World. This weekend I was working on a marketing project with some friends and all of them had their own laptop. All my group members did a very interesting remark: like 3 or 4 years ago almost nobody was equipped with laptops. I wonder why pc gaming is bigger in Europe than in the States? Is it because Xbox took out a large portion of pc gamers to console? I know I almost did (but then bought my Wii, now I spend equal time on both platforms).

That could be a marketing project I could do for my business school.
Plz visit my city at

http://briezh.myminicity.com/

Offline Zoston

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 21, 2008, 03:43:00 am »
2:28 Caryl Shaw started her talk, said that the European version is coming out first is that Europe is a much larger PC market than the States.

From the front page, it's not that Europe is better, they play more PC games. ;)

I did not expect that from Europe. I remember when I was like 10 that most of my friends had gaming consoles and almost no pc. Looks like that in 8 years of absence, much has changed in the Old World. This weekend I was working on a marketing project with some friends and all of them had their own laptop. All my group members did a very interesting remark: like 3 or 4 years ago almost nobody was equipped with laptops. I wonder why pc gaming is bigger in Europe than in the States? Is it because Xbox took out a large portion of pc gamers to console? I know I almost did (but then bought my Wii, now I spend equal time on both platforms).

That could be a marketing project I could do for my business school.
I would also find this very interesting. Be sure to keep us informed if you do decide to research this. ;) For me personally I can somewhat verify what you're saying. Back in the day I did use to have a SNES, but somehow after that I've always stuck to computer games. Though, it does seem that a lot of people are buying Wii's nowadays, but then again I think that's really the same in the us anyways. =3

Offline YESH

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 21, 2008, 08:46:52 am »
Though, it does seem that a lot of people are buying Wii's nowadays, but then again I think that's really the same in the us anyways. =3
I bought a Wii with a friend once, just for fun. We ended up returning it.
It's more of a gimmick than a gaming console really. It's fun to try out the 1 thing that it basically does, but after 1 hour of that; it gets boring. And all games are based around those controllers, there are no real revolutionizing games for the Wii, or just games wanting to get somewhere by themselves for that matter.
It's all about the controllers.

Offline Petike

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 21, 2008, 09:37:17 am »

We are better because we play more PC games! ;)
Quote from: MasterChiToes in "Spore was dumbed down"
Maybe the Sporons are the ones that got dumbed down?  ;D