Author Topic: "Europe is the priority for Spore."  (Read 18212 times)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: "Europe is the priority for Spore."
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2008, 04:25:57 am »
Yeah, we get screwed for nearly every single game release, why the hell shouldn't we get the game slightly earlier? And hlaf the time, games are more exepensive, while our american buddies over the internet are saying how great the game is and how they bought it for peanuts.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Zoston

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2008, 04:27:25 am »
Wasn't it the European procedural generation (demo)scene that laid the basis for Spore in the first place? ;) It's only right we get it first over the guys who wrote the whole thing off in favour of the new shiny disc-space eating pre-generated content. :P :D

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2008, 04:28:25 am »
Alright... Why do they do it then? If the Europeans get pissed off about it, why release it later and more expensive? And I want an actual explanation, not the, "So they get money." Or worse, "Because they can!"

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2008, 04:36:25 am »
Alright... Why do they do it then? If the Europeans get pissed off about it, why release it later and more expensive? And I want an actual explanation, not the, "So they get money." Or worse, "Because they can!"

I think both of those answers are correct, also I'd think that it costs a bit to ship it to Europe, but I can't see how that takes 2 months and makes it 80 euros more expensive.

Offline Henqix

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 04:36:59 am »
I'm guessing the price has to do with taxes, and the release dates has to do with localization issues and that its probably harder to organize a world wide launch.

*High five*
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 05:33:52 am by Henqix »

Offline SporeForSure

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2008, 04:40:25 am »
These things are so rare. last game i was able to play before you yankies was "Deltaforce 2" (which was a special "for release in nordic countries only")... and that was like 2000 years ago or so.
”It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring” (Dr. Carl Sagan)

Offline strawberry

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • 2008/09/05
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 05:25:43 am »
Games become deeply personal artifacts... like dreams.
Will Wright

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2008, 06:08:17 am »
Even though they are saying that this releas date is official, a lot can happen between now and September 5th or 7th esspicially when they are releasing three games at once. I don't know exactly how well Maxis is at keeping to their official release dates and all, but 7 months is a along time to be giving an exact date for release.
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile

Offline Amazingchi

• Mystery House Madman
  • It's sooo close!
    • View Profile

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2008, 08:04:39 am »
but I can't see how that takes 2 months and makes it 80 euros more expensive.

You mean about €5 more expensive, people are exaggurating the US/EU price gap.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2008, 08:04:46 am »
*high fives*

*joins, as usual*

im going to  fill the spore database with my creatures just to anger the non-europeans.

Offline KL0k

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2008, 08:09:21 am »
u know why?
EA's-"main market" is europe - simple as that.
hard to believe sometimes (specially if u think about titles like madden or nba and so on) but its true.
plus this area is different for a lot of reasons, like, multiple cultures n languages, different economic, the pc market is bigger then consoles over here etc etc etc.
this doesnt make or mean that europeans are "better", its just a priority thing, and with a company that big (which sucks up every little designer team), releasing titles worldwide ina couple of days, it doesnt even really count.

Offline Len84

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2008, 08:32:10 am »
Besides to co-ordinate an accurate world wide release is an impressive feat in itself.
Usually, companies release games in the US first, as a kind of tester. To see how it sells. Then with the money from sales, they then fund the release overseas.

However, releasing a game in various different languages, with legal bits and bobs is a hell of a task. So I can understand why Europe is a priority for now. I'm all for it, being in the EU.

Offline tomasgaquino

• Gorf Goon
  • Now that's deadly. *psycho song*
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2008, 08:41:58 am »
Be glad you guys aren't on the underdeveloped world, some games don't even show up here. I hope the "worldwide" september release really means worldwide...