Poll

What do you expect to be at the center of the galaxy?

Water Creatures unlocked.
16 (8.4%)
Flora editor unlocked.
9 (4.7%)
Terrain editor unlocked.
10 (5.2%)
Parts unlocked.
21 (11%)
Awesome video.
60 (31.4%)
Cheat list.
21 (11%)
Other.
54 (28.3%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Author Topic: The Center of the Galaxy - (OLD speculation thread)  (Read 54201 times)

Offline Amayirot Akago

• Phoenix Fighter
  • RAARGH!! Gorulk SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Center of the Galaxy
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2008, 06:24:47 am »
The planet Sha-Ka-Ree, where you get to meet "God" who then chases you around firing lightning from his eyes.

Anime lover, gamer, and dreamer

Offline Tonjevic

• Scramble Skipper
  • Victori Jane Surn
    • View Profile
    • It's my muck-around space.
Re: It ends!?!
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2008, 06:39:17 am »
It's a giant black-hole, into which your UFO gets sucked. The interaction between Hawking radiation, and the relativity drive matrix in the drive structure of your UFO causes a rippling cascade of dark energy, whos negative energy state reduces the surrounding matter to near-absolute-zero (around the vicinity of 10 nanokelvin). Anyway, the field's entropy eventually allows it to be converted into a 'slurry' of dark and anti-matter. The immense gravity caused overcomes the effects of time-space warping caused by the black hole and forms another black hole, out of dark anti-matter (termed a white hole). The white hole falls into the black hole, causing a super-energised explosion of pure energy and a gravity distortion explodes out at the speed of light. However, the surrounding mass of super-cool gaseous substrate disallows the transmission of energy (effectively beign an insulator) and actually reduces the speed of light to a negative speed by several mechanisms:

a) the gravity distortion itself forms a huge event horizon, super close to its origin, basically constricting all elapsation of time and spatial motion within the space, an compounding the effects of external forces upon whatever is inside
b) the resonant nature of supercooled materials forms a 'quantum' barrier, which actually forms a block to the propagation of probability waveforms outside of a certain space
c) the massive amount of energy trapped in a small space temporarily breaks causality - part of the enrgy goes back in time and causes itself to be made - and in any case, time is passing so slowly that even if the effect did wear off, relative to everything else, the universe would be over before it did.

So anyway, we have a massive spot of infinite energy and mass insulated from everything else in the middle of the galaxy. However, the afforementioned negative energy pulse has effectively killed all energy above minimum energy levels, and all matter that hasn't been destroyed freezes. Gravity gradually pulls it into the centre of the galaxy, and it eventually all falls into the singularity that has been created - kinda sorta. Time passes so differentially at minutely different points of the distortion that disparate areas of the quantum states of particles have actually decayed into nothingness (not proven by current physics, but this little bit of stuff is so messed up that classical thermodynaics don't apply) while some remain existant. This elicits a waveform collapse, however the probability that the particle will no longer exist once it actually becomes expressed as a particle is so high that most of the matter pops out of existance.

So, basically, the whole galaxy is destroyed. The only reason that other galaxies aren't destroyed is that the vacuum surrounding galaxies effectively acts like a vacuum flask and insulates other galaxies from the effects.

Then God decides that the galaxy has been completely buggered and reverts to a previous save. Now you know how the game ends.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 06:44:33 am by Tonjevic »

-Understated elegance.

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2008, 06:43:36 am »
stuff
Sir: You. Are. A. GOD.

Don't encourage him. :-\

Same.

Anyway, the center of the universe will be a restraunt. So will the "end" of the universe.

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2008, 06:44:08 am »
It's like Oblivion.  You don't have to touch the missions and continue playing indefinitely.  Or you can run through the main storyline as soon as you start.   When the main storyline is done, the game doesn't end.  You still have a lot more you can do.

Offline Tonjevic

• Scramble Skipper
  • Victori Jane Surn
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2008, 06:46:32 am »
Quote from: Tonjevic
It's a giant black-hole, into which your UFO gets sucked. The interaction between Hawking radiation, and the relativity drive matrix in the drive structure of your UFO causes a rippling cascade of dark energy, whos negative energy state reduces the surrounding matter to near-absolute-zero (around the vicinity of 10 nanokelvin). Anyway, the field's entropy eventually allows it to be converted into a 'slurry' of dark and anti-matter. The immense gravity caused overcomes the effects of time-space warping caused by the black hole and forms another black hole, out of dark anti-matter (termed a white hole). The white hole falls into the black hole, causing a super-energised explosion of pure energy and a gravity distortion explodes out at the speed of light. However, the surrounding mass of super-cool gaseous substrate disallows the transmission of energy (effectively beign an insulator) and actually reduces the speed of light to a negative speed by several mechanisms:

a) the gravity distortion itself forms a huge event horizon, super close to its origin, basically constricting all elapsation of time and spatial motion within the space, an compounding the effects of external forces upon whatever is inside
b) the resonant nature of supercooled materials forms a 'quantum' barrier, which actually forms a block to the propagation of probability waveforms outside of a certain space
c) the massive amount of energy trapped in a small space temporarily breaks causality - part of the enrgy goes back in time and causes itself to be made - and in any case, time is passing so slowly that even if the effect did wear off, relative to everything else, the universe would be over before it did.

So anyway, we have a massive spot of infinite energy and mass insulated from everything else in the middle of the galaxy. However, the afforementioned negative energy pulse has effectively killed all energy above minimum energy levels, and all matter that hasn't been destroyed freezes. Gravity gradually pulls it into the centre of the galaxy, and it eventually all falls into the singularity that has been created - kinda sorta. Time passes so differentially at minutely different points of the distortion that disparate areas of the quantum states of particles have actually decayed into nothingness (not proven by current physics, but this little bit of stuff is so messed up that classical thermodynaics don't apply) while some remain existant. This elicits a waveform collapse, however the probability that the particle will no longer exist once it actually becomes expressed as a particle is so high that most of the matter pops out of existance.

So, basically, the whole galaxy is destroyed. The only reason that other galaxies aren't destroyed is that the vacuum surrounding galaxies effectively acts like a vacuum flask and insulates other galaxies from the effects.

Then God decides that the galaxy has been completely buggered and reverts to a previous save. Now you know how the game ends.

That's what I reckon happens. From here.

EDIT: Agh, merged topics. :(
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 03:55:24 pm by Tonjevic »

-Understated elegance.

Offline strawberry

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • 2008/09/05
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2008, 07:39:48 am »
Well u would need to provide us a source of ur info.
So we can hear it for ourselfes. Maybe u misunderstood. Or they were being cryptic.
Since its a sandbox game it has no end.
Maybe they were refering to the end of the final qeust. We know they added a mishion structure to give people a goal. They also insinuated there is some sort of ''story'' being told. Without a source link my best geuss is it refers to the end of the last qeust.

There it is:

http://www.wired.com/gaming/gamingreviews/multimedia/2008/02/gallery_spore?slide=8&slideView=8

I think I did not misunderstood anything, because I only copypasted the text.
Games become deeply personal artifacts... like dreams.
Will Wright

Offline the_mitch28

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2008, 08:43:00 am »
well it has to be something pretty cool if they're keeping it a big secret.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2008, 08:45:21 am »
well it has to be something pretty cool if they're keeping it a big secret.

Or they just want some surprises. ;)
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2008, 09:14:45 am »
The center of the Universe is this huge error that you can escape and Spore will never be playable again on the computer! AHHH
I Want Patience, and I Want It NOW!

Peskitoriantais - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5046.0
Violandro - http://violandro.myminicity.com/

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2008, 09:21:22 am »
The center of the Universe is this huge error that you can escape and Spore will never be playable again on the computer! AHHH
Hehe...Eh No.
Insert Sacrasm here.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 09:23:25 am by Sporelover66 »
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline Null

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2008, 09:39:06 am »
I guess I will find out when i get there... and that those who had played and found it already don't spoil it
 ;)

Offline Plasmodia

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2008, 04:10:55 pm »
It obviously turns you into a microbe. Ill let you figure out what that implies.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2008, 04:29:33 pm »
It obviously turns you into a microbe. Ill let you figure out what that implies.

Danged universe within a universe.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline Tonjevic

• Scramble Skipper
  • Victori Jane Surn
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2008, 04:37:45 pm »
Heh, it would be interesting to fly around the microbial stage with a UFO.

-Understated elegance.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2008, 04:39:37 pm »
Heh, it would be interesting to fly around the microbial stage with a UFO.

But not as the microbe......

"Captain, the big blobby thing is attacking us!"

"Deploy the planet buster and show this fool who its dealing with!"

"Aye Aye sir!"

<BOOOOOM>

... and the game fades to the white screen of death