Poll

What do you expect to be at the center of the galaxy?

Water Creatures unlocked.
16 (8.4%)
Flora editor unlocked.
9 (4.7%)
Terrain editor unlocked.
10 (5.2%)
Parts unlocked.
21 (11%)
Awesome video.
60 (31.4%)
Cheat list.
21 (11%)
Other.
54 (28.3%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Author Topic: The Center of the Galaxy - (OLD speculation thread)  (Read 55203 times)

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
  • 40 Years Of Pop-culture
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site
Re: The Center of the Galaxy
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2008, 04:16:17 pm »
At the center of the Galaxy.....

Giant Disembodied Head Of Will Wright !

GDHOWW : I will now tell you the secert of SPORE.....

You : So what is the secret of SPORE ?

GDHOWW : There is no spoon.....

- W -
* smirks *

Offline scottyspore

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2008, 04:44:08 pm »
If anyone has read the "Vacuum Diagrams" series of short stories (really good, i suggest them), I imagine it will be somewhat like that end of that, where there is two ultra race type dealys at war, with the 'good' one losing.  they give you one last chance to escape to a different galaxy/dimension/universe to save yourself before the inevitable doom of the galaxy, or you choose to stay behind and do the impossible (nearly literally I would hope) and save the galaxy.

after reading that book, i felt really insignificant (in a good way), I really do suggest it to any sci-fi fans out there.  and no, i didn't just ruuin it for everyone, there is so much more to the end of that book than what I said.

Offline SPOR3images

• Video Pinball Wizard
  • AKA "SporeGamer"
    • View Profile
    • My Spore Blog
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2008, 04:49:11 pm »
Will made this game to Educate, So i must be something symbolic or a video etc. and of course a reward that has to do with something in the game, maybe the ability to make "epic creature".

....,Sporegamer :D ( yes that is my other name ;) )

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2008, 05:14:53 pm »
I don't think they'll cut anything that they've already mentioned from the main game and put it at the end of the game.  I think they'll make something new and unmentioned.  Perhaps you are added to a Myspore group entitled "People who got to the center of the galaxy?"  Neah, something cooler.  Maybe the supermassive black hole takes some of your creatures out of the game and lets them crawl around on your desktop, letting you see them whenever you go to the main menu of your computer?
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2008, 05:17:04 pm »
Maybe the supermassive black hole takes some of your creatures out of the game and lets them crawl around on your desktop, letting you see them whenever you go to the main menu of your computer?

Sounds like a funky virus.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2008, 05:46:59 pm »
Zathura is at the center of the galaxy :P

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2008, 05:51:03 pm »
Zathura is at the center of the galaxy :P

Naw, its a big toilet flushing those lesser creatures that my peoples destroyed into a parallel universe.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline Hectonkhyres

• Scramble Skipper
  • Transcendent Agony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2008, 06:23:46 pm »
Well if they somehow made the center of the galaxy "cheat proof" then maybe they would.

Then again I am hoping you win the golden ticket to visit Will Wright's studio :P And see all the oompa loompas or chumbawambas or whatever he uses to run his magical Maxis factory.

Sir: You. Are. A. GOD.

Offline 7 who ate 9

• Ms. Pac-Man Worshiper
  • I'm actually a pretty optimistic guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2008, 07:15:35 pm »
Acending on to the next world...
Quote from: Quantum Burrito
Mary Poppins was hot. Full of golden ratio goodness. I'd be the derivative of her function any day of the week.
We'll hold that against you until you leave these forums you know :P

gec05

« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2008, 07:24:46 pm »

Offline the_mitch28

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
It ends!?!
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2008, 05:31:24 am »
I was watching some interview or something and they were saying how the game ends! how? they said it was like the huge secret of the game.. after I thought there would be none.

Speculation please....

Offline Dr . Nick

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Hello Everybody
    • View Profile
Re: It ends!?!
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2008, 05:37:34 am »
Well u would need to provide us a source of ur info.
So we can hear it for ourselfes. Maybe u misunderstood. Or they were being cryptic.
Since its a sandbox game it has no end.
Maybe they were refering to the end of the final qeust. We know they added a mishion structure to give people a goal. They also insinuated there is some sort of ''story'' being told. Without a source link my best geuss is it refers to the end of the last qeust.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2008, 05:49:52 am »
It's from Part 2 of the 1up interview. My understanding of the "end", is that it happens when you reach the center of the universe. I don't think the game will end-end, you should beable to keep playing.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Amazingchi

• Mystery House Madman
  • It's sooo close!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2008, 05:58:05 am »
It's from Part 2 of the 1up interview. My understanding of the "end", is that it happens when you reach the center of the universe. I don't think the game will end-end, you should beable to keep playing.

That's what i'm hoping for too.

Offline creiij

• Phoenix Fighter
  • I'm a jerk! A j-e-r-k!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2008, 06:00:33 am »
I hope you can continue playing.

We always tought the game would never 'end' so I think it's good that they say that now. Going from no end to an end is a rather big think, not the kind of supprise you want to get while playing.