Poll

What do you expect to be at the center of the galaxy?

Water Creatures unlocked.
16 (8.4%)
Flora editor unlocked.
9 (4.7%)
Terrain editor unlocked.
10 (5.2%)
Parts unlocked.
21 (11%)
Awesome video.
60 (31.4%)
Cheat list.
21 (11%)
Other.
54 (28.3%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Author Topic: The Center of the Galaxy - (OLD speculation thread)  (Read 55177 times)

Offline strawberry

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • 2008/09/05
    • View Profile
The Center of the Galaxy - (OLD speculation thread)
« on: February 13, 2008, 11:26:12 am »
As the Wired.com article says:

The goal of the space game - and the ultimate goal of Spore - is to reach the very center of the galaxy. What's there? Who knows - Wright isn't telling. But he said it'll be worth it: "We want people to complete it, but we also want it to feel meaningful once they have."

What are your speculations about this? What will we discover there?? It seems so interesting...! :o
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 06:05:58 am by LadyM »

Games become deeply personal artifacts... like dreams.
Will Wright

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: The Center of the Galaxy
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 11:29:00 am »
I bet it's gonna be a reference to the End of the Universe, probably a restaurant.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Cosmosis

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Main Creatures: "Hop Hop", "Tik Tak" and "Bum Bum"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 11:34:49 am »
It will most likely be something philosofic and poetic, making us think about our own life on a larger scale. Followed by a reward of some kind - maybe an unlock of underwater creatures! :D
*loves Cosmosis for his ridiculous optimism* ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE! ;D

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 11:51:31 am »
maybe an unlock of underwater creatures! :D

That would be what I call complete pwnage :D

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 11:57:39 am »
My guess is a video of your best moments through the evolution or something, most probably something that would make the whole experience feel complete. It will probably unlock some minor feature as well.

Offline Enoch

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 12:11:38 pm »
You may say that I'm a dreamer, but... possibly something to do with Ascension?

That seems like the only place left to go from Space Stage.

Probably too good to be true, though. ::)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 01:06:22 pm by Enoch »

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 12:23:47 pm »
Maybe to get the flora editor you have to go to the center of the galaxy, lol.

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Sigma

• Lunar Lander Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 12:40:08 pm »
That would suck if reaching the center of the galaxy ment the end of the game...  :'( I'd like to have my empire rule forever and try to colonize the enitre galaxy, or attempt to blow up every planet in-game :P

I'll like the center of the galaxy as long as I can still play my civilization after I reach it :D
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 12:48:10 pm by Sigma »

Offline strawberry

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • 2008/09/05
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 01:07:13 pm »
That would suck if reaching the center of the galaxy ment the end of the game...  :'( I'd like to have my empire rule forever and try to colonize the enitre galaxy, or attempt to blow up every planet in-game :P

I'll like the center of the galaxy as long as I can still play my civilization after I reach it :D

I don't think reaching the center of the universe would mean the end of the game at all.

I see it as in Oblivion or games like that where you have the Main Quest, Little Quests, and your own Freedom to do what u want (exploring, taking photos, killing some monsters, trying to collect as many gems as you can...). Once you finish the Main Quest, you can still play the time you want to, doing more quests or simply enjoying the other aspects of the game itself, playing your own metagames.
The end of the main quest of Spore is reaching the center of the universe (what's waiting for us there is a mystery) but i doubt it will be the end of the game.
(Sorry for my English I am Spanish :-\)
Will Wright

Offline Noflunk

• Mystery House Madman
  • Why is his head soooo big?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 01:09:58 pm »
I think it'd be funny pulling the ol "the universe is really just a single cell in a larger universe". Reach the center start over at the beginning  ;D

Online Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 01:12:18 pm »
I like the idea of having the option to begin a new creature in the same galaxy and still be able to go back to your old ones afterwards.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline rustybrazenfire

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 01:41:22 pm »
Strawberry, you're English is very good.  Better than many native speakers I know! :)

I would bet that they put our solar system at the center of the Universe.  I know that wouldn't technically be correct placement, but it would be a rewarding accomplishment.  And maybe Earth will be run by Maxis dev looking creatures or something. :P

Offline Petreak

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Petreak's Graphics and Stuff!
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 01:49:24 pm »
I know what will be at the center of the Universe. When you get there, you meet the Creator and it will be Will Wright! Lol! That would be so freaking cool if they put Will into the game. Now that would be a great easter egg. Hey the Simpson's did it, right?
"No matter where you go, there you are."

Offline strawberry

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • 2008/09/05
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 01:53:53 pm »
Strawberry, you're English is very good.  Better than many native speakers I know! :)

I would bet that they put our solar system at the center of the Universe.  I know that wouldn't technically be correct placement, but it would be a rewarding accomplishment.  And maybe Earth will be run by Maxis dev looking creatures or something. :P

Oh, thanks for the compliment! I try to do my best haha :D
And yes, that's a good speculation, and more since we know our solar system will be at some point of the Galaxy as Will himself showed us at the NASA demo.

But... It makes me think...Wouldn't it be quite disappointing to already know what's there?
I thought finding our little planet Earth was one of the challenges of the game, not the supposed "ultimate goal". And more now that we saw it with our own eyes in that video.  :-\ I don't know what to think.

Will Wright

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 01:54:16 pm »
Maybe there will be gifts?!