Author Topic: How many days?  (Read 5884 times)

Offline strawberry

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • 2008/09/05
    • View Profile
Re: How many days?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2008, 10:51:26 am »
^ Lucky You

Games become deeply personal artifacts... like dreams.
Will Wright

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2008, 11:31:02 am »
Seven months til release is right on the edge of how long I am willing to "follow" a game's development. 

Wimp  ;D
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline SporeForSure

• Pac-Man Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2008, 03:58:55 am »
2005 or 2006. Dont remember, but i do remember that i got insanely positive about it and watched the 2005 GDC movie like 3-4 times in a row.

I've waited this long for other games, like "Oblivion". Remember when there were no info about the game (back in 2004) and the "countdown" images appeared at the bethesta website, then the countdown videos just before the release. oh, the joy when it was released.

But we will get some fun toys before the release for SPORE, thats great and will decrease the boredom of waiting. I wish more game developers did "minigames" to keep players happy before the release. In my 26 years of gaming, i have only seen this twice (including spore).
”It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring” (Dr. Carl Sagan)

Offline darkstar

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Cool looking UFO- Priceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2008, 11:06:48 pm »
Saw it the day it was announced =/

same, then I found this forum and watched from a distance for a very long time (this forum has always been great for finding spore news), until eventually joining...

Of course I couldn't tell u how long I'll have been waiting the day spore comes out, o no, I've made that mistake far too often in the past, the release date is not final until I have the game disk in my hands the day it comes out.
Those who think anything is possible have never tried slamming a revolving door.

Everything has a weakness against grenades ;)

Current Favorite Game- Spore

Waiting on:
Fallout 3
Starcraft 2

Offline Tonjevic

• Scramble Skipper
  • Victori Jane Surn
    • View Profile
    • It's my muck-around space.
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2008, 02:47:52 am »
I remember the enthusiasm and excitement when I saw the spore infos on Day 1. I've been following the game for 3 years. Like Will, however, I agree that much more of the fun is in the creation itself. I would seriously love to be in his shoes right now - having been researching and prototyping the game for nigh on 7 years. Mind you, I would have been 9 at the start of development, so maybe I wouldn't have fully appreciated it.

-Understated elegance.