Author Topic: "New" Interview with Will Wright by N'Gai Croal  (Read 8008 times)

Offline Notorious B.O.B

• Venture Conqueror
  • I still live!
    • View Profile
Re: "New" Interview with Will Wright by N'Gai Croal
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 04:48:59 pm »
I can subscribe to Sporecasts, which are aggregations of content that players have decided to basically organize themselves.

This bit of the interview intrigues me.  :) Unless I'm misinterpreting it, it seems a whole group of players could get together and collaboratively decide how they want their play experiences to be. So this means, for example, there are probably going to be groups of players banding together in these Sporecasts to, for example, collectively recreate a Star Wars scenario for themselves and each other, or dedicate themselves to collaboratively creating a realistic set of creatures and the like for each other, or anything else. Awesome!

Wow, I didn't interpret it that way, but that would be cool!
Leave to a Thark his head and one hand and he may yet conquer.

The glass is alway in balance and full: half liquid, half gas.

Visit my Sporepedia page! http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Bob_Of_Mars

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2008, 06:06:12 pm »
Wow! Pokemon-like Creature battles on phones! I wonder if they will have that for the PC or Mac versions too.

Sounds like that will be on the DS version too. t'll be interseing to see how those versions will turn out.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2008, 06:09:54 pm »
Damn you.  I was about to post that :P.  What a cool idea, and I imagine other players will hear that music when approaching your city.

Same  :D  That is just so great, and the way they came up with it is very similar to how Sim City was created...gotta love Will Wright.

I think this is a great idea! No to mention Gec was kinda doing this with the fan community. So now everyone can be a musician, not just people with musical talents :D

Offline Blarg

• Krull Slayer
  • HE'S BACK IN BLACK
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2008, 06:49:58 pm »
My little brother (the musical genius) is going to be spending more time on the music than he is on the creature editors. I can feel it in my bones.

Better to live like there was a God, then die and find out there isn't than to live like there wasn't a God then die and find out there is.

Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.

Offline rustybrazenfire

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2008, 06:42:48 am »
They mention that you can jump right into any phase at the beginning... that's HUGE!

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2008, 07:30:16 am »
AHhhh!  Eep!  Oh!  EEr!  Argh!

YAY!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I have nothing else to say.  Pure win!
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Quantum Burrito

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Up, Down, Strange, Charm, Top, Bottom, Burrito
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2008, 07:42:27 am »
They mention that you can jump right into any phase at the beginning... that's HUGE!

It's also OLD. Keep up!
Quote from: The Will
In a movie, one can always pull back and condemn the character or the artist ... But in playing a game ... we can be encouraged to examine our own values by seeing how we behave within virtual space.
tl;dr. But with all those shiny symbols and numbers it's probably awsome.

gec05

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 07:47:05 am »
Damn you.  I was about to post that :P.  What a cool idea, and I imagine other players will hear that music when approaching your city.

Same  :D  That is just so great, and the way they came up with it is very similar to how Sim City was created...gotta love Will Wright.

I think this is a great idea! No to mention Gec was kinda doing this with the fan community. So now everyone can be a musician, not just people with musical talents :D

Hey, perhaps my little idea inspired them to do so. :D

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 10:23:34 pm »

Hey, perhaps my little idea inspired them to do so. :D

I would not be surprised at all.