Author Topic: Dwarven Fortress Bloodline game! discusion thread  (Read 15545 times)

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarven Fortress Bloodline game! discusion thread
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2008, 08:58:10 am »
its not dead...neo is just being really unreliable >.>

he will post it soon...he says

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2008, 08:37:42 am »
I'd like to join this after everyone else.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2008, 12:01:15 pm »
And we'd like to play it before you.

I'm not entirely sure that either is going to happen.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2008, 12:56:24 pm »
its as if neoadapt just died or something...

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2008, 01:45:44 pm »
Felsite 27:  After months of wasted effort on the pumping tower the people have elected me their new mayor.  I am humbled by this turn of events and shall dutifully lead them onward.

Now, how to finish the work on the well...

Hematite 14:  Success!  At last, this damned aquifer works to our benefit!  The fact that the water is stagnant must have deterred the previous leaders from tapping into it, but using a screw pump seems to filter it properly.  And all it took to power it was a Dwarven Perpetual Motion device!

A water wheel on the upper level is powered by the water pumped from below, which is pumped by the power from the water wheel.  All that was necessary to begin it was a few moments of work by one of our miners.  I have also ordered the floors in this and the dining hall smoothed.  We will no longer eat and drink in squalor!

Malachite 4:  Amazing, one of our dwarfs was filled with inspiration and spent weeks upon some grand project, and today has deigned reveal his glorious construction to us!

A cup...  With a very scary name...  Yes, I'll just put this in a safe place.  (And to think we used to select leaders by such creations!)

Galena 19:  Perhaps I was wrong to mock that cup, perhaps it was a portent, for an ancient foe did come from the mountains, their hearts and minds filled with darkness.  Whatever the case, today we were visited by tragedy. 

They came from nowhere, and struck down nearly a dozen dwarfs before we could push them out.  I was a fool not to prepare stronger defenses, lulled into security by their pitiful snatchers and thieves who run from mere kittens...

I shall begin designing the defense of our outpost immediately.  Hopefully before they return in greater numbers.

sandstone 6:  This is more difficult than I had suspected.  There is an entrance on every terrace of this cliff face, all of which are open to the north and south, and dwarfs have business on every level of it.  It will take a moat and wall on every level to ensure our safety, and as of yet I have only completed them along the brook.  That is where the goblins struck from before, so there may still be hope...

Sandstone 14:  The Mountain homes have sent us new citizens!

Between these reinforcements and recent births, we are nearing the numbers we had before the attack.  I feel we may last yet!

Timber 7:  Thank Armok that the new mine shaft I had opened has found rock crystal!  I find myself driven to use it in my...  Plans.  They are not ready yet, not even to be written here.  I will put it to words upon completion.  For now, I must work!

Moonstone 1:  It is finished!

For some strange reason I felt the need to name it after myself.  I pray this is not a portent, or that it can be avoided.

Obsidian 14:  After all this time, tragedy strikes again.

They came from both the brook and the mountain top this time, the brook held well enough thanks to the defenses, but the trade post at the top led directly to the heart of our fortress.  Our losses have stripped us back down to the numbers we had after the first attack.

Most disturbing of all, they have cut young Edem's right arm away.  Perhaps he will eventually learn to use his left, but for now we confine him to bed.  On the infrequent occasions when he wakes,he rages at us through the door.

Felsite 1:  Edem has died.  Too many have fallen under my leadership, and I therefore resign after one final construction.

A set of catacombs for our dead.  The first tomb is my own, though it remains empty for now.  The casket's portent tells me it may not remain so for long.

Sorry that took so long, there were a lot of things that kept slowing me down in real life.  After giving it some thought, I'm retiring from the game because I can't garauntee the same thing won't happen again.  Glacies can have my spot.

Sorry about the picture quality and the giant letters plastering them.  I don't go in for those graphics upgrades, and didn't know those would be there until later.

Oh, and there's a Goblin stuck in one of the moats scaring dwarfs away, keep an eye on that.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2008, 02:31:48 pm »
So who's next?  :D

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2008, 02:40:28 pm »
samog is next up

thanks neo good job...even if a little slow

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2008, 08:48:26 am »
Bump.
In the rump.
Water pump.
Toxic sump.
Forrest Gump?

This is lurk, rhymin' old-skool for the dwarves on the streets.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2008, 02:26:28 pm »
yo yo that was my main man lurk, helpin us all keep it real on those rough granite roads
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2008, 06:54:32 pm »
The fort, the fort,
the fort is on fire,
we don't need no water
let the dwarven nobles burn....

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2008, 10:16:00 am »
samog what is the problem?
its your turn so you need to keep the thread alive...

and no, im not going to rap...silly people

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2008, 02:23:39 pm »
I've been really busy and I also have to navigate this mess of a fort.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2008, 05:03:11 pm »
Mess? Some of the best DF players have worked on that fort, how can it be a mess? Maybe you should pass it on if you don't have time. Wait.. maybe something happened while you have the file and your afraid to tell everyone.. yeah.. trolls got in and killed every one  :o

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2008, 05:40:06 pm »
Mess? Some of the best DF players have worked on that fort, how can it be a mess?

The thing about the best DF players is that they very rarely agree on how to actually build a fort.  It's like getting together an Egyptian pyramid architect, the designer of the Parthanon, and the guy in charge of Gothic Cathedrals and telling them to build the best temple ever.  They agree that it should have certain things, and that it should be big, but when you put it all together you get an aqueduct draining the holy water bins into a room filled with mummified cats.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2008, 07:26:40 pm »
Yeah, for some reason Celdur didn't appreciate my streamlined stockpile system and prefers one huge storage pile for everything, in the middle of nowhere. Also, I've never found all this hydraulics malarkey at all important to the running of a successful fortress.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.