Author Topic: Dwarven Fortress Bloodline game! discusion thread  (Read 15551 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Dwarven Fortress Bloodline game! discusion thread
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2008, 06:07:03 am »
So are each of you going to do a journal on your adventure, that would be cool.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2008, 05:33:22 pm »
The Journal of Krakow Sam:

22: Father today recieved word from the outpost Boltscomet that the outpost coordinator was unpopular and in need of replacement. I am all for the ousting of unpleasant oiks from their positions of power, but for some reason I am to travel to the dingy place and take on the job myself! Despite my protestations it is impossible to change my father's mind about anything, so it is settled. I leave the Greathall in three days. Bah!

24: The road to the outpost is thick with traffic from the Limestone Wire Pass and I must endure endless starts and stops as we inch slowly toward our destination. The humans who built these shoddy roads should be swiftly crushed under the hammer of dwarven might, not coddled with trade agreements! The weather grows warmer as we slowly crawl south, this heat does nothing for my mood! Pshaw!

to be continued...
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Mr. Consideration

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Merry Christmarx, one and all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 09:34:58 am »
The Journal of Krakow Sam:

He sounds like a Dwarven Prince Phillip....
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 11:38:40 am »
29: After many days of travel I arrive at the fortress. The place is surrounded by reeking mud flats haunted by vile abominations resembling the progeny of man and snail! The heat weighs down on me like a hundredweight of lead. I found 'Mr Wizard', the previous outpost coordinator, asleep on a table muttering about elves. I immediately roused him and ordered him back to work.

30: The indignity!!! I was forced to haul furniture with my bare hands due to the laziness of the other dwarfs! The fortress is a shambles and no-one seems to be doing anything except fishing. I ordered that the fortress be moved further uphill, some twerp decided to start digging on an aquifer!

33: Who put Mr Wizard in charge I have no idea! I found he had ordered his subordinates to drag stone to some arbitrarilly determined cliff. I soon put a stop to that!

35: On entering the area of the fortress which housed the butcher's shop I was accosted by a stench which turned my face green. Great swirling clouds of miasma! I discovered that the midden had been sited hundreds of yards from the fortress! I immediately oversaw the allocation of a new refuse dump more accessibly located.

37: This heat! My thirst eventually got the better of me and I was forced to drink from the river like a lowly Olm man! Why is there no well, and more importantly, why is there no alcohol?!

39: Mr Wizard may have been incompetant, but at least he chose the site wisely. Gems! Precious earthfruit!

45: The food stockpiles are dwindling! Prior to my arrival everyone was fishing, but no-one was cleaning the fish and they were simply left to decay and stink! In addition to ordering the fish be properly prepared I oversaw the digging of a farm burrow. My herbal almanack says plump helmets grow in all seasons, so I ordered the planters to scatter spores underground. The almanack also said overground whip vines fruited at this time of year, I had the dwarfs harvest some.

47: By Ral I need a drink! The still should be completed soon.

49: !!! By the gods! That Whip Wine packs a wallop! I ordered an overground farm plot be prepared to cultivate this miracle of nature!

55: Tried my hand at gem cutting today. I was able to process a few of the gems we dug up, and the gem setter Reg encrusted a few stone trinkets with them. In a moment of inspiration I carved a bracelet directly from a large lump of pinfire opal. I'm a genius!

57: While cutting gems today I saw movement in the corner of my eye. A kobold thief had infiltrated the Fortress! No doubt the scum was after my opal bracelet. Atir, a peasant came to my aid and together we tore off the creature's legs and dumped the dismembered corpse on the compost heap as a warning to others of his kind!

58: Undeterred by the fate of his kin, another thief broke in. He was quickly dealt with.

59: A FORGE. I NEED A FORGE! WHY IS THERE NO FORGE!? DANDURRAD URRUN RUR! DANDURRAD URRUN RUR!!!

60: SHINING BARS OF MOONLIGHT! DANDURRAD URRUN RUR!!! METAAAAAAAALLLL!!!

61: I am roused from my reverie... I known not what came over me. It is a sign! Though I hated this place, its earth spirits call to me! I must shrug off my prejudice and lead my dwarfs to a prosperous future! Dandurrad urrun rur!

65: Since crafting the Roar of Running shaping metal has become second nature to me. I minted a batch of coins in zinc... it was the only metal we could find, but it serves its purpose as a symbolic gesture.

68: The living conditions of my labourers are terrible! In my arrogance I overlooked them in favour of myself. I ordered the construction of a grand dining room and many pacious dormitories.

71: Traders from the mountainhomes arrived, but their wagons were unable to reach the depot. Their camels were able to drag two anvils in. I purchased one... because.... well, why not? I immediately ordered the depot relocated and ramps built so this problem will not occur again.

79: A stout wall should keep out those gastropodmen!

90: Migrants from the mountainhomes! As soon as one, he called himself Celdur, arrived he fell into a deep trance, like the one I expereince many months ago. He worked feverishly and produced an amulet the likes of which i have never seen. It is a sign... I have performed my duties as fate required, I hereby transfer the overseership to the prophet Celdur. I am content to do as he orders me.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 02:09:38 pm »
*claps*

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2008, 06:17:47 pm »
Well done, I like the journal aspect of telling the story. I'll be following this one.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2008, 07:16:35 pm »
90: sam decided to make me leader. i think he is nuts but he says that fate has put the task in my hands
i guess i will do my best to lead this heap of bad design

91: i reasinged allot of the workers
all the useless workers will now be ordered to learn something usefel
there eating out food so they work for it!
i have also started making beds for everyone

115: i have improved the walls so that they are more effecient against whatever comes our way
whoever dares to strike at us will taste defeat, dwarves dont go without a fight

120: a few snatchers sneaked in! as soon as they where spoted they fled like the cowards they are
we should build traps i guess

128:i have finished the bedrooms and made the dining room allot better
right at that moment a new wave of migrants entered
work never stops here...

146: i have takes on the duty to be the mechanic,since we have none.
i have made a mechanics workshop and a siege workshop to start builging things

150: decided to make a pumping system to get some water supply close to the fort
quite a chalange since we are 6 levels above the river and there is an aquifer in the way

151:i found out that i need 6 screw pumps, one for every level.
we have to build a 3 floor building against the side of the mountain to avoid the aquifer
i planed it all out...now we only have to make it

181: the bottom 3 levels went great! they work perfectly and soon there all powered
the building does show a few problems though
im having trouble placing the windmills! i did not plan them so i had to improvise
thanks to some errors two of my men fainted trough a colapse
bah!

190: this is horrible
the bottom 3 pumps need an extra windmill or they wont have enough power!
and the building is a complete mess! i do not think im made to be a leader
i need more experience and i pass my leadership to my best frined Veraal
i know its not really the right thing to do, but i dont care anymore.

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 08:36:00 am »
Though id love to play it, i cant right now, just pass it to someone else.

sorry.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 08:03:02 pm »
and the other one failed because people didnt pass it on
hmm
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 08:14:37 am »
Celdur, wake up and send it to Samog.

Oh, and dibs on the turn after. I'll make a fine leader, I'm sure.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2008, 08:36:02 am »

Dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomed! :P

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2008, 11:45:48 am »
It's actually in my hands at the moment.  Limited computer access has slowed me up, but I should be posting this weekend.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 01:54:44 pm »
Celdur, wake up and send it to Samog.

i already send the file to neo about a week ago :P

and i think samog is next in line...although im not sure if he is entirly active

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2008, 06:42:53 pm »
i heard that if you post samog's name three times he comes and trolls your thread
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 03:48:35 am »
Well, this certainly went swimmingly.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom