Author Topic: Need a good dvd editing program  (Read 4009 times)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Re: Need a good dvd editing program
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 11:23:16 am »
The Disk but not the content :P

I never said Copyright laws where sane I know that when it comes to software here in Sweden the laws are actually very strict. There is even some question if are allowed to run the software you have bought.  (As you are not allowed to make any copies of any kind without the copyrights holders consent. This mean the program could not load in the memory without braking the law. i have however seen EULA that lets you run the program >_>) There are also very tight restrictions on editing software. (Basicly saying you can not edit any software.) Narturly the law is not used in this way. Many creators in fact supports free editing of there artwork as long as people do not try to rip them off.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2008, 01:01:07 pm »
Anything can be changed, improved, restructured for a different watching experience and only the sky is the limit. You need to own the original DVDs to legally watch them.

if you have the original DVD then it should be fine. i mean, you put your cash into a dvd just to watch them? i mean c'mon, when you buy a DVD, you should have the right to do whatever you want with that disk.

And yet you don't. You paid for a copy of a copywritten piece of work, you didn't pay for the writes to alter that piece of work. Fan edits are right on the line of the law, they are dangerously close to crossing it.  And sometimes they do. I still say it's easier to skip scenes then go through this process.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2008, 02:04:40 pm »
Which is why the copyright laws sometimes do not make sense :P
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 08:30:26 pm »
I'll have to check up on this but I'm pretty sure you can get like "Mormon" edits of films which are films that have some of the more 'explicit" content taken out legally for the pupose of sale in places like your mormon communities or any other places that have more conservitive tastes.

I'm sure i've heard about this at some point. I'll check into it futher if when i have more time.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 12:21:07 pm »
No, I don't think it's a copyright violation at all. Legally, I am allowed to make backup copies of any DVD/game I own, so why not be allowed to skip a scene. If this is the case, then TV edits must be a real hassle to work out with the creator.

Personally, I think my parents are a little crazy. They have a list of movies they want scenes removed from. The first one on their list is Young Frankenstein; They apparently hate the sexual innuendo but love most of the humor. I will look at some of the programs you guys listed, but I will most likely teach them how to use the fast-forward and skip buttons.

Thanks for the help. I'll see if Adobe Premier will work for that.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008, 08:11:23 pm »
...talk about really up-tight. And I thought my parents were bad.