Author Topic: If Iran Were America (And America Was Iran): A Timeline - (1953-2007)  (Read 6599 times)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Re: If Iran Were America (And America Was Iran): A Timeline - (1953-2007)
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 12:17:49 am »
Well there is nothing wrong with trying to understand the situation in a other county. That does not mean that you agree with the countries policy however. I always get a bad feeling when it turn to we against them and black and white morality.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline DarkAngel

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Sherrif of the south pacific
    • View Profile
    • My PC
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 07:23:32 pm »
Are you seriously defending our actions against Iran?

Are you seriously defending A country full of inbreds, Neo-nazi's and the worst leaders known to the whole universe?

Ehehehehehe... ehehehehe... 8)  Ironic isn't it
It's sad that I'm not sure which country that was aimed at...

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 08:08:17 pm »
What terribly over-ultra-liberal commentary.
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Werechicken

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2008, 01:09:11 am »
What terribly over-ultra-liberal commentary.
Not really most of that was pretty accurate.
What have you got against intellectual midgets? They're quite smart little guys as far as i can tell.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2008, 07:23:19 am »
<My Nonsense>

Not consciously. Just putting a little satire onto the way it seems to create such a black and white story just to intentionally make us look like the "bad guy." As Pfellah said, it is really hard to respect something like this.

I had been talking about chickens in Yaplet a few moments prior to that post. So it just came to mind easily.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2008, 07:47:20 am »
<My Nonsense>

Not consciously. Just putting a little satire onto the way it seems to create such a black and white story just to intentionally make us look like the "bad guy." As Pfellah said, it is really hard to respect something like this.

I had been talking about chickens in Yaplet a few moments prior to that post. So it just came to mind easily.
.... Why? Why were you talking about chickens in Yaplet?

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 10:34:19 am »
I found this article myself a long while back, and what I could read of it, I found it an interesting spin. Though I couldnt confirm the accuracy, and couldnt find a relevant thread or way to bring it up without it seeming just stuffed in peoples faces, so I left it be.

The article did make it out to be very black and white, but you need to consider that the article was probably written as counterpoint to people with very black and white views about Iran being the totally deserving enemy.

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2008, 12:12:09 am »
The article did make it out to be very black and white, but you need to consider that the article was probably written as counterpoint to people with very black and white views about Iran being the totally deserving enemy.

Yeh, I agree. I think it's just trying to point out that all countries have their skeletons in their closets and also that most leaders are a little bit evil. I think it would work effectively with any warring countries.
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!