Author Topic: Rome  (Read 5928 times)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Rome
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2005, 09:11:32 am »
Oh, yeah i realise that but its all a bit too gratuitous, they go for full frontal nudity to achieve what could have been done with careful camera work. Example- Episode 3 or 4 I think, Mark Anthony is standing in the middle of a courtyard having oils spread on him and all the other roman hygene stuff why does it all have to be visible, it doesnt really have any purpose other than to shock people and get media attention, it would have been exactly the same dramatically if his privates were always obscured by something in the foreground but it wouldnt have made headlines or attracted complaints so they didnt do it
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2005, 09:20:46 am »
But I suppose you wouldn't have a problem with it if it had been a woman? The show seemed to treat both sexes the same in regards to the nudity.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2005, 09:25:03 am »
I dont have a 'problem' with it in that sense but it seems like a really cheap way to attract attention from the media, the same goes for the parts when attia is getting out of the bath or any other scenes of gratuitous nudity. the violence is ok though  :D
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2005, 10:07:13 am »
Wait until you see the Gladiator scene where Pollo has to fight them as his punishment, its towards the end of the series. There's also some other things coming up that might be more offensive than the nudity. I believe they are depicting the Romans fairly accurate for that time period.