Poll

What shall we do with our newfound spectrum of choice?

Build a Space Station
Name the Colony (Suggestion)
Create New Design (Suggestion)

Author Topic: The Galactic Mission  (Read 3206 times)

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
The Galactic Mission
« on: February 03, 2008, 11:04:20 am »

The date is January 1st, 2226 CE. The TFS Santa Maria has just launched out of Terran orbit, and is prepared to begin the human exploration of the galaxy. The crew of this ship is not alone. A convoy of colonists is eager to leave Earth and travel to distant corners of the universe. As the ruling Federalist Party, we must now determine the path that humanity will take.

Mission Log: TFS Santa Maria, Acting Captain
We've finally gotten out here, and it's about damn time. The Federal Command hasn't got much of a clue what we're going to do yet, though. There are a few things they're debating. With this new hyperdrive installed, much more is within our grasp. At heading 0 [North] there's some sort of anomoly that they want checked out. Likely an old spacecraft or the like. At heading 90 and 270 [East and West] there's clusters of star systems that many lobbyists are eager to have explored for future colonization. At heading 180 [South] they've detected a large asteroid field; that means there are rocky planets down there like Earth. There's also a bunch of colonists on their way to Mars. If Command recalls them to send off to a different system, so be it, but they would need to be quite vocal to stop them this late. Whatever they choose, I'm eager to get out there.

Reid Tckaiskov

Research: Xeno Research
Planets: 1
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 11:11:02 am by Brandonazz »

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
Re: The Galactic Mission
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 12:02:34 pm »

Ten years ago, a secret mission was launched by the East Asian Bloc, the last major power to join the world government. The logs of their failed mission have provided the crew of the TFS Santa Maria with valuable knowledge in their trek towards the unknown.

Minister of Science Log, February 1, 2226
The new discoveries of this era are startling. The flagship has completed scans of two systems since their discovery of the East Asian wreck, including one planet with the habitability of Mars, and are preparing to move back across the Sol system, on a heading of about 180. We have now to choose a direction for scientific advancement.

The Universal translators could be useful for if we contact alien sentient life; which I am sure exists. The party lobbyists seem more focused on warfare for this contingency. Biology and cartography are both useful for our expansion, as is the research into faster ships. I don't have much choice in the matter, though. It's up to the government bureaucrats.

Research
: None
Planets: 2

Offline Clockwerk

• Ultima Lord
  • Rule of thumb, Hassan. You can't kill the Messiah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 12:08:31 pm »
Without Stellar Cartography we are basicly blind.
Yes. Power shifts more quickly than some people think.

Peace through Power!

Once again the world is quick to bury me.

For the foreseeable future... Comrade Chairman, I am the future!

He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future conquers the past.

No, I'm not God. But I'm a close second.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 03:39:20 pm »
Explored space.

Universal translators have been developed. They bring a new unity to the planet Earth, as the human species destroys the language barrier. One day they will be used to communicate with other species. The Federal Party Chairman has determined after the discovery of inhabitable planets outside of the system that the next researched technology will be new propulsion techniques.

A wondrous, highly vegetated planet with a habilibility greater than Earth has been discovered. It is doubtless the target of our next convoy of colonists. I wonder what they will name it.

The industrial scale mining of the Sol asteroid belt is progressing well. Raw materials are beamed daily to Earth.

An anomaly in one of the two newly discovered systems provided new technological advancements that will surely boost the spy movie industry revenues.

The main question now is: What will be produced on Earth? Civil structures, colony craft, scouts, space stations, or a complete devotion to research?

[[I need to know if anyone actually cares about this. If not, I'm going to stop.]]

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 04:28:50 pm »
Long live the Solar Empire!
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 04:30:15 pm »
Hell I care about!
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 11:24:09 pm »
Colonize every planet you can find.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 07:11:27 am »
Research is a must.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 09:07:38 am »
Ah, GalCiv2. One of my favourite games. I've always wanted to do a meta-game based on it, but never figured out how.

Colony-rushing is always a good idea.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 12:32:05 pm »
The date is April 15th, 2226, and humanity is advancing rapidly.

Recently, the Ion Drive has been developed, which provides the same speed as the bulky hyperdrive, but taking up less space on spacecraft.

The Earth is being reorganized into a singular unit, no longer the many vying nations.

In concordance with party wishes, the TFS Mayflower has left Earth and is on its way to Poseidon IV. I wonder what it will be named.

The TFS Santa Maria has not stopped her downward exploration into the galaxy.

The vote is now whether to design a faster colony ship with the ion drive, name the new colony, or build a space station.

Next Research: Xeno Biology (5)
Next Produced Ship: Colony Ship (8)
Next Colonized Planet: Poseidon IV (3)

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 12:43:27 pm »
Build a Space Station over either a Morale or Economic resource. They'll become lifesavers later on. Unless you're a better player than me. Which you probably are.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 12:50:12 pm »
There needs to be a resource before I can build a station on it, you realize.

If I were to make a station it would be an economic station in the sol system.