Poll

What Warhammer 40k faction do you favor?

Space Marines
6 (18.2%)
Imperial Guard
2 (6.1%)
Witchhunters
1 (3%)
Daemonhunters
3 (9.1%)
Tyranids
5 (15.2%)
Orks
5 (15.2%)
Eldar
1 (3%)
Dark Eldar
0 (0%)
Tau
7 (21.2%)
Kroot Mercenaries
1 (3%)
Necron
2 (6.1%)
Chaos
0 (0%)
Daemon Armies
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Author Topic: Warhammer  (Read 19155 times)

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
Warhammer
« on: February 03, 2008, 07:23:58 am »
This thread is for discussion of the following-
-Warhammer 40k Board Game
-Warhammer 40k Dawn of War PC Games
-Warhammer Board Game
-Warhammer Mark of Chaos PC Game
-Warhammer Online MMORPG
-Warhammer 40k Pen and Paper RPG

The Warhammer universe is undoubtedly one of the most unique in the gaming world, so there is always something to discuss within it.
For those unfamiliar to the Warhammer universe follow this link...
http://oz.games-workshop.com/
or
http://us.games-workshop.com/default.htm
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 08:56:25 am by swamp »

Kings 2:23-24 --- The Holy Bible
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youth.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: Warhammer
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 07:43:29 am »
Don't forget the 40k pen and paper RPG that sold out its print run in six minutes and was then discontinued meaning hardly anyone will ever get to play it  ;)

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 08:02:22 am »
love the dawn of war series i tried playing it for real but i sucked so bad at painting i said screw it

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 08:14:52 am »
Don't forget the 40k pen and paper RPG that sold out its print run in six minutes and was then discontinued meaning hardly anyone will ever get to play it  ;)

i have never heard of that
23 From there Elisha went up to Bethel. As he was walking along the road, some youths came out of the town and jeered at him. "Go on up, you baldhead!" they said. "Go on up, you baldhead!" 24 He turned around, looked at them and called down a curse on them in the name of the LORD. Then two bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youth.

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 09:00:59 am »
i may set up a warhammer rpg thread, but before i do i would like to be sure it would be used and not a waste of time.

Offline Werechicken

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2008, 10:03:30 am »

Do you mean Inquisitor?
I'd love to play a PC version of that....
What have you got against intellectual midgets? They're quite smart little guys as far as i can tell.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 10:30:59 am »
I love the Inquisitor Army full stop.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 12:13:54 pm »
Warhammer was a hobby of mine in like Grade 5-7, I had a Lizardmen and Skaven army. I was great at putting the figures together and what not but my painting wasnt that great. Overtime the whole Warhammer thing wore off but I wouldnt mind rping a game at all.
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 12:19:21 pm »
Ahhhh, Warhammer 40k. I remember when I did a 6 on 6 battle with me as the Imperial Guard. Now that was a truly epic battle. To bad the local Games Workshop closed down or I still would be playing that game.
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 01:31:59 pm »
Ahhhh, Warhammer 40k. I remember when I did a 6 on 6 battle with me as the Imperial Guard. Now that was a truly epic battle. To bad the local Games Workshop closed down or I still would be playing that game.

Aww, that sucks.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2008, 02:32:11 pm »
6 on 6? You sir are god.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Werechicken

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2008, 04:34:36 pm »
Yeah they released a book a of rules where you could play as an inquisitor and his war band in a pen and paper style rpg. I would absolutely love to see that made into a PC game;
Some obnoxious NPC demands you carry out his request before he gives you any info.
Do you:
- Carry out his request
- Refuse
- Order the cretin to be dragged by his ears to the local arbiter cells
- Beat him unconscious then drag him off to your personal torturer until he confesses to anything and tells you what you want to know
- Kneecap the goit right there and tell him his other one's next, unless he talks

I think it would be a welcome change to traditional rpg roles.
What have you got against intellectual midgets? They're quite smart little guys as far as i can tell.

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2008, 06:39:44 pm »
I just set up a Warhammer RP thread on the Storytelling and Roleplaying Board. Enjoy!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2008, 05:58:43 am »
Yeah they released a book a of rules where you could play as an inquisitor and his war band in a pen and paper style rpg. I would absolutely love to see that made into a PC game;
Some obnoxious NPC demands you carry out his request before he gives you any info.
Do you:
- Carry out his request
- Refuse
- Beat him unconscious then drag him off to your personal torturer until he confesses to anything and tells you what you want to know
- Kneecap the goit right there and tell him his other one's next, unless he talks

Yup, thats basically how it plays.
Highlights from the sessions I've played include my character (an Adept, read scribe, and the least combat-competant class in the entire game) holding a frail and pervy old bishop at knifepoint and then slitting his throat when he tried to sic his Arcoflagellants on us, and the guardsman in the party shooting a bodyguard of an outrageously camp Tau-sympathiser through the leg with a grappling hook and then dragging him back as he tried to flee. Oh, and our Tech-priest pulled the pin on a grenade with his last breath and killed a bunch of obnoxious sisters of battle wannabes who simply refused to believe we worked for the inquisition... although in doing so he killed himself and injured our Arbitrator character so badly that he had to roll a new character anyway. My character had been shackled to a chair in the next room having his ear cut off (So now he's a scribe with a prosthetic ear. As Yokto mentioned to me the other day in IRC, people don't keep their looks long in the 40k universe).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 06:00:36 am by Krakow Sam »
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Draugr

• Zork Emperor
  • ORGASMIC.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2008, 06:26:34 am »
Do you:
- Carry out his request
- Refuse

Yup, thats basically how it plays.
Highlights from the sessions I've played include my character (an Adept, read scribe, and the least combat-competant class in the entire game) holding a frail and pervy old bishop at knifepoint and then slitting his throat when he tried to sic his Arcoflagellants on us, and the guardsman in the party shooting a bodyguard of an outrageously camp Tau-sympathiser through the leg with a grappling hook and then dragging him back as he tried to flee. Oh, and our Tech-priest pulled the pin on a grenade with his last breath and killed a bunch of obnoxious sisters of battle wannabes who simply refused to believe we worked for the inquisition... although in doing so he killed himself and injured our Arbitrator character so badly that he had to roll a new character anyway. My character had been shackled to a chair in the next room having his ear cut off (So now he's a scribe with a prosthetic ear. As Yokto mentioned to me the other day in IRC, people don't keep their looks long in the 40k universe).
That sounds like fun.