Author Topic: Cartoon Classics.  (Read 13302 times)

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
Re: Cartoon Classics.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2008, 11:07:34 am »
Count Duckula was great *hugs his Count Duckula DVD's*
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2008, 03:23:33 pm »
Count Duckula was great *hugs his Count Duckula DVD's*

He's from the disney channel right?
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline DMB

• Venture Conqueror
  • Braaiiiiinnnsss and cake!
    • View Profile
    • BobtheZombie's Blog
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2008, 05:21:28 pm »
Invader Zim. If you haven't seen it, you missed out on a great show. Shame it was canceled. Also, someone must bring back Kablam.
Save Ferris. Save the World.
"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."Bob's Blog

gec05

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2008, 05:35:00 pm »
http://www.retrojunk.com/tv/videos/119-count-duckula/109/#intro

Also, I remember a Donkey Kong show a while back around when DK64 was released.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 05:39:06 pm by Eligecos »

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2008, 06:53:34 pm »
I just saw a rerun of Mario show. It was the absolute WORST cartoon I have ever seen. Bowser looked like a hippo and Mario didn't even sound remotely Italian. Oh, and I have seen Invader Zim, I just watched it a long time ago.
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

gec05

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2008, 10:26:17 pm »
It was the absolute WORST cartoon I have ever seen.

This is understandable being this was before your time.

Bowser looked like a hippo...

Nintendo never did had a proper reference image of Bowser at the time SMB came out. He wasn't finalized until SMW but DiC decided to stick with their original look of him continuing afterwards just to stay consistent with the first series.

Mario didn't even sound remotely Italian.

Again, this was also before SM64 when Mario's voice was never official. Mario's voice in the cartoon was supposed to resemble an italian new yorker, not a stereotypical italian voice.

Overall, people who watched this long ago when it was out still think it's a great show simply because it's their childhood. You'd have to watch this when you were a kid to appreciate it. I am obviously forgiving of this show since I remember watching it.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2008, 08:27:08 am »
Wow, the mario brothers show. I have such fond memories of it... But yeah, if you watch it now, it's not amazing. Then again, I only saw, like, 5 episodes of it. I mostly remember the bidro episode and one where they were in a colloseum, or something...
Wern't mario/luigi's colours the wrong way around too? I mean, in terms of their own shirts/trousers, not each others.

That DK show, I remember watching it, wasn't a big thing to me though. Can't remember a single story.

Oh, and watching the Count Duckular start again, it reminded me of Freakazoid. That was vary much my childhood. Alongside animaniacs, of course...

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2008, 09:38:43 am »
Remember Gargoyles and GI-Joe?  Those were good cartoons.  As far as classics go, I wouldn't consider many of the aforementioned to be classics yet.  Classics to me are the old Warner Bros. Bugs Bunny cartoons.

gec05

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2008, 01:10:02 pm »
Wern't mario/luigi's colours the wrong way around too? I mean, in terms of their own shirts/trousers, not each others.

It was that way even in the games up until SMB2. They didn't have blue jeans until SMB3 were their shirts and pants were then changed, but the cartoons kept it the same.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2008, 01:24:16 pm »
Does anyone remember Sheep in the (big?) City? I think it was acctually quite recent compared to cartoon-cartoons, but I still think of it as being in my childhood...

*Squeals*
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2008, 01:26:16 pm »
Remember Gargoyles and GI-Joe?  Those were good cartoons.  As far as classics go, I wouldn't consider many of the aforementioned to be classics yet.  Classics to me are the old Warner Bros. Bugs Bunny cartoons.

G.I. Joe was mid 80's while Gargoyles was early 90's. You could stick in things like Ducktales, Tailspin, Gooftroop, Gummy Bears in that list.  
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2008, 02:37:22 pm »

To be honest that was the main point of the thread, but who really cares all cartoons are welcome even the ones from the Warner Bros. era. :)
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇)人(∇`)人(`∇)ノ   (゚д゚; )

gec05

« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2008, 02:43:46 pm »
"Classic" largely depends on the eye of the beholder. If it's classic enough to you then it's fine for discussion.

Offline Snake Plissken

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Resident Evil 5 coming in March 13, '09
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2008, 04:09:02 pm »

To be honest that was the main point of the thread, but who really cares all cartoons are welcome even the ones from the Warner Bros. era. :)

Any cartoon show "could" be a classic, so yeah, you tell 'em Forrest Whitaker. jkjkjkjk

Offline Neoskel

• Omega Racer
  • Wait, shouldn't there be 2 per larva?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2008, 12:38:18 am »
Beast Wars. Hands down. I have the whole series on DVD(s).

And alot of the other cartoons already listed: Duck Tales, TMNT, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Gummy Bears (WAY more intelligent than i thought it would be rewatching it), Reboot (Alas Mainframe, what happened to you?), Gargoyles (i WANT the whole series on DVD, only have the first 1.5 seasons), Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs...

I MISS THE 90s!!!!!!!  :'(

Also more recently, Samurai Jack, MEGAS XLR, Batman Beyond, i could just keep going and going...

The cool thing is, watching them now they were alot better than i thought they would be like.  :D

And yet, i mourn...

I'm 18 and i love cartoons. What can i say?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 12:42:12 am by Neoskel »