Author Topic: Unhappy with xbox 360  (Read 20598 times)

Offline Lazerbyte

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You've been Lazered
    • View Profile
Re: Unhappy with xbox 360
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2008, 06:55:54 pm »
That is because MS doesn't make mistakes so with the whole Undertow thing (and the game is like Geometry Wars but underwater) was a way to get new people onto xbox live.

It took them 3 years to admit there was a problem with the 360 in the first place!

People sometimes had to wait months for their machine to come back only to get a new machine and not being able to use their game saves and the like!

Thank you, as you have just been Lazered

Offline El Stevo

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2008, 07:08:47 pm »
That is because MS doesn't make mistakes so with the whole Undertow thing (and the game is like Geometry Wars but underwater) was a way to get new people onto xbox live.

It took them 3 years to admit there was a problem with the 360 in the first place!

People sometimes had to wait months for their machine to come back only to get a new machine and not being able to use their game saves and the like!
Totally. The DRM thing is a weird one. In one sense it's a lot better than Nintendo's DRM - with the Wii you buy your stuff, it works only on your console, end of. At least MS do allow you to use your content on other consoles as well as long as you can prove it's you which is excellent and makes social gaming easier and more fun. The problem starts when the RRoD shows its ugly face. Microsoft should transfer the license information stuff over to your new 360 when you send it in for repairs, anything else is outright disgraceful.

It has only been out for just over two years, though.
Don't touch the screen!
Rank 4: Elite
Gamertag - El Stev0  |  Last.fm
Overwhelmed, as one would be, placed in my position.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2008, 08:21:26 am »

I don't remember them ever denying there was something wrong with the 360, most of the stories you hear tend to be largely exagerated.  I only ever had a problem with my launch 360, and there was no fuss what so ever, I phoned them up, told them it didn't work and I had a new one four days later.  I live in a very small town in Scotland, so I find it very difficult to believe that some people have had to wait months.  They also gave me a free Hard drive for the hastle.  No complaints about that what so ever.  The only way you could ever lose your save data would be if you accidentally sent them your HDD or if it was broken, but again, I've never heard of any problems with that.  They also repair all broken 360's for FREE and have competely refunded anyone who has at any point paid for it.

On the other hand, my brother has a DS lite which is suffering from the hinge crack problem, to a point where the top is practically hanging off.  Despite him taking very good care of it, and this being a very well known problem, Nintendo refuse to touch it, without him paying for repairs.  And again when I got my Wii at Christmas, the Wii remote did not function at all this is another well known problem with the Wii, that Nintendo simply refused to acknowledge, so I had to actually go out and buy another one, and those darned things are not cheap.

Many PS2's (both models) suffered from serious problems at launch as well, and I had to make a lot of fuss to get them to replace my slim line model.  I'm not denying that the 360 has big probems, but I'm fairly sure most of the what you hear at this point are large exagerations and/or media hype.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2008, 12:06:50 pm »
Okay i do have to make a comment on that.

I take great care of my consoles and before my 360 i never had to replace anything except controllers.

I still have my launch ps2 and it still works.

My first 360 broke after 4 months. Customer support are polite and helpful and they sent me a replacement unit in three weeks. That replacement unit had a busted graphics card or something like that. I Sent it back and got another replacement unit 3 weeks later and it works fine.

The 360s break far more then they should but thats the only bad thing i can say about them. The Customer support is fast easy polite and helpful and you do it free of charge and get a month of live free. Still it should not break as mcuh as it does.

And it is IMPOSSIBLE to lose any saved data unless you are really ignorant and don't listen to CS or read the paper they send you. You cant lose you DATA if they do not have your hard drive!! your not supposed to send it!.

Offline Lazerbyte

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You've been Lazered
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 07, 2008, 09:58:24 am »
On the other hand, my brother has a DS lite which is suffering from the hinge crack problem, to a point where the top is practically hanging off.  Despite him taking very good care of it, and this being a very well known problem, Nintendo refuse to touch it, without him paying for repairs.  And again when I got my Wii at Christmas, the Wii remote did not function at all this is another well known problem with the Wii, that Nintendo simply refused to acknowledge, so I had to actually go out and buy another one, and those darned things are not cheap

I want to reply to this about Nintendo.  I have had nothing but good customer service from Nintendo.  When my original Gameboy had problems I sent it to them with no problem. 

Nintendo is aware of the hinge crack and they are more than willing the fix it or replace it.  I am not sure who you talked to but whenever I call Nintendo I never have a problem and they are always friendly.

The support their products and in Japan with the release of SSMBB they even offered to clean the lens for FREE!! 

There is just too much to go wrong with the 360 and MS doesn't want to take responsiblity for it! 

Now they are in talks with Sony to make a Blu Ray player so we'll see how bad that thing really turns out to be (as the PS3 can be upgraded by firmware and Blu Ray 2.0 is getting ready to come out)

Thank you, as you have just been Lazered

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 07, 2008, 10:50:45 am »
On the other hand, my brother has a DS lite which is suffering from the hinge crack problem, to a point where the top is practically hanging off.  Despite him taking very good care of it, and this being a very well known problem, Nintendo refuse to touch it, without him paying for repairs.  And again when I got my Wii at Christmas, the Wii remote did not function at all this is another well known problem with the Wii, that Nintendo simply refused to acknowledge, so I had to actually go out and buy another one, and those darned things are not cheap

I want to reply to this about Nintendo.  I have had nothing but good customer service from Nintendo.  When my original Gameboy had problems I sent it to them with no problem. 

Nintendo is aware of the hinge crack and they are more than willing the fix it or replace it.  I am not sure who you talked to but whenever I call Nintendo I never have a problem and they are always friendly.

The support their products and in Japan with the release of SSMBB they even offered to clean the lens for FREE!! 

There is just too much to go wrong with the 360 and MS doesn't want to take responsiblity for it! 

Again, what you posted was just extremely biased.  In what way doesn't Microsoft take responsibility for it?  I recieved my replacement very fast and was giving a free HDD.  A FREE HARD DRIVE.  Ontop of that, they replace ALL units for FREE and have refunded anyone who has ever paid for repairs or the extended warranty.  What more do you want them to do?

Now they are in talks with Sony to make a Blu Ray player so we'll see how bad that thing really turns out to be (as the PS3 can be upgraded by firmware and Blu Ray 2.0 is getting ready to come out)

So can the 360.

And that isn't new news, they always said that they would support which ever format wins.  I don't see how that has anything to do with consoles and games though, especially as you're the one complaining about these systems turning into media devices more than game consoles.

-fixed quote tags-M
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 03:36:24 pm by LadyM »

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2008, 05:53:22 pm »
While I'm not unhappy with my 360, it is kinda strange that all I've played for the past month or so are Halo 3 and CoD 4. I need something new...that's got online play...

Or maybe I could just get brawl.
They're collectible! Sorta...

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2008, 12:05:08 am »
So can the 360.

And that isn't new news, they always said that they would support which ever format wins.  I don't see how that has anything to do with consoles and games though, especially as you're the one complaining about these systems turning into media devices more than game consoles.
I'm pretty sure the 360 is not able or will be able to play a Blu Ray, the 360 does not have the ability to display 1080p only 1080i,which is good but not what HD-DVD would look best at, but MS says that they are able to support HD-DVD. But you will have to also purchase the VGA cable in order to get it to go to 1080p.

MS has acknowledged that their early systems have problems and are great about it but the return of the 360 was a month and half average when the Red ring problem started to really pop up, however, that was before they acknowledged the flaws in their system. They still fixed for free or sent you a new one as long as it was under warranty. Nothing is wrong with their customer service. Their system does break too often. My friend alone has had to send his back twice now. The hard drive is not supposed to be sent back with the console or else you will loose everything you have done, but then that is your fault. I have not had any problems with it except the fact that it eats your discs if it moves. I learned my leason though and have it lying down under my table. And the occasional "can't log on to Xbox Live," but that doesn't last that long.

The PS3 is something that I have not had any problems with, nor have I have any problems with the PS2 or even the PS1, and neither has my friends, so I do not know how well the customer service is with Sony, but its also a good thing since I haven't had a need for them. The price of this thing is the only reason why it hasn't sold as much as the 360. The free online more than makes up for the games that are exclusive to the 360 that you wouldn't be able to play. I have not had any problems with the online functions with the PS3's wireless or wired and neither has my friends. To pay to play part of a game that you have bought is a dumb investment. As for the PS2 problems, take it apart and blow in it, and it should be good til it gets dirty again, thats all I had to do, and mine is a launch console.

I don't hate the Wii but it is the piece of crap console in this generation. This thing hardly works right and some of the games literally lag the system. I do not own one, and when they get really cheap in a year or two I will have one for Brawl and Brawl only. I think it is dumb that Brawl is the most popular game on the Wii now and I'd say 90% of the people who are playing and will play it will be using a Gamecube controller. I think it is a great party console, but for me its not going to be worth a look. i'm sick of mini games and was happy with the Mario Partys but now its way too much of the same crap that will only get you to buy the game and play it with friends for a few weeks then trade it in. I love Nintendo and have all their consoles from the beginning, but this wasn't the console for me. I've only been apart of forums since I heard about Spore and this forum and I am only apart of the Left 4 Dead forum, and I have heard numerous complaints about the WiFi from them and now even more when Brawl came out. Wireless is great and all but unless you get a nice router you aren't going over 100 mb, and anyone searching on Google will start to lag you. The way I see this console is that it is for little kids and people who don't normally play games. If you have one and you aren't one of these, then don't assume I am calling you a little kid, it just looks like the games they have come out with are for those types of people. The only thing I think the Wii has done right was the free online. I'm sure with the millions of Wii owners that there are some who don't have these problems. *See below why I say what I have said about the consoles*

I love Nintendo, so don't go crazy on me if you love the Wii cause I don't care. These are the things that I believe and have heard and seen with the Wii, PS3, and 360.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 12:19:15 am by xnodas »
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2008, 05:47:55 pm »
ah, my 360 contracted the red death!

stay back, less It be contagious!
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2008, 01:59:58 pm »
wow...i just saw the perfect video to end this thread once and for all but it droppedthe F-bomb a few to many times to follow rules :'(
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 02:08:42 pm by Skyward Descent »
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!