Author Topic: Unhappy with xbox 360  (Read 20158 times)

Offline Lazerbyte

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You've been Lazered
    • View Profile
Re: Unhappy with xbox 360
« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2008, 01:35:01 am »
I think the ability to make games in XNA is a great thing.  I just don't trust MS to allow every game to be published.  Something about them and their WE MUST CONTROL EVERYTHING philosophy just doesn't sit well with me.

I think the 360 has good games.  Mostly the Mass Effect Halo games are good.  It's just I got tired of Halo after Halo 2.  All Halo 3 is Halo 2 with better graphics a contunuing story and new chars and new maps. 

Mass Effect to me played too much like KOTOR and I just didn't really enjoy it that much.  Maybe it's just me. 

Overlord is coming to the PS3 as well as Lost Planet.  So I think that the exclusive idea for the 360 is wearing thin. 

With Metal Gear 4 now dated for June and it coming in a bundle with the Dual Shock 3 at $499 I think we will see a lot of people purchasing PS3s now. 

I am just not really excited about any games coming on the 360 right now.   Eternal Sonota is coming to the PS3 with a new playable character.

I think when the games like Haze, MGS4 and Little Big Planet come out people will see what the PS3 can truely do!  I have a lot of friends that are getting tired of the 360 and that is becuase you only have a choice of a 20gig or a 120gig hard drive so you cannot go bigger or inbetween.  On the PS3 you can upgrade the 60gig to an 80gig or even a 220gig if you wanted to because the PS3 uses a laptop harddrive. Sony has made it more upgradable for the future. 

I do think the install feature is a good thing.  DMC4 uses it and it works great!  Toook a while for it to install but it was well worth it. 

Thank you, as you have just been Lazered

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2008, 03:51:03 am »
I think the ability to make games in XNA is a great thing.  I just don't trust MS to allow every game to be published.  Something about them and their WE MUST CONTROL EVERYTHING philosophy just doesn't sit well with me.

Obviously they won't.  But again, I see that as a good thing.  I like high quality control.
And besides, even if they're not published you can just download the game and put it onto the 360 yourself.  It doesn't need to be published, as long as the maker allows you to download the files.

I do think the install feature is a good thing.  DMC4 uses it and it works great!  Toook a while for it to install but it was well worth it.

It seems like something that could be useful in the future, but there's no reason the 360 couldn't do the same thing.  And from what I've heard, it doesn't work well with DMC4.  Very long install time, and it barley loads faster than the 360 version.  Doesn't seem like a good trade off to me.

Oh, and FYI, Eternal Sonata was never exclusive it was always announced to be a PS3 game, they just needed to work in it a little longer.  And Overlord and Lost Planet aren't exactly anything to be excited about, especially as you can get both of them very cheap on the 360 now and the PS3's "new content" is just the 360's DLC.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2008, 05:26:53 pm »
  All Halo 3 is Halo 2 with better graphics a contunuing story and new chars and new maps. 
uhhh... thats what a sequel usually is...
according to that logic any series is the same thing coming out over and over again without any change, i bet you wouldnt want that now would you?

« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 05:31:40 pm by Skyward Descent »
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2008, 06:49:59 pm »
Xbox sucks. Obviously. It has no merits that other consoles don't have. Therefore the PS3 is awesome.
You should sell it and give me the money.
/sarcasm.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2008, 07:02:57 pm »
.... ....

All Halo 3 is Halo 2 with better graphics a contunuing story and new chars and new maps.  

Mass Effect to me played too much like KOTOR and I just didn't really enjoy it that much.  Maybe it's just me.  

With Metal Gear 4 now dated for June and it coming in a bundle with the Dual Shock 3 at $499 I think we will see a lot of people purchasing PS3s now.  

Eternal Sonota is coming to the PS3 with a new playable character.

I think when the games like Haze, MGS4 and Little Big Planet come out people will see what the PS3 can truely do!  I have a lot of friends that are getting tired of the 360 and that is becuase you only have a choice of a 20gig or a 120gig hard drive so you cannot go bigger or inbetween.

Alright, well, i have catching up to do.

For starters, SO WHAT if developers make games on the PS3 then PORT them to the 360, the game is still being released on BOTH systems! Imagine that.

Ok, so you dont like Halo 3 because... it adds more onto Halo 2. What exactly are you going to like about MGS4? The... continuing story, new characters, and new maps...? And... Eternal Sonata is adding....  A new character...? Woooo?

You know Mass Effect was made by Bioware right? The same people who made KotoR? For starters, how in the HELL are these two games 'played the same'? I could have sworn one had melee, the other... well not any melee. One has cities galor, the other, a city... I can see how they both are set in the future and both made by the same people.. But considering one is real time and one is almost turn based i would say thats quite a large differance.

Well, if history proceedes you, how much fun will you really have with LittleBigPlanet? Your impatient, and dislike games that require you to... like.... think....

And finally, your 2 other friends who are sick of the 360 are sick of it for the most BS reason i have ever heard. 'ZOMG no space!'  If you have filled 120 gigs.... not only is that a feat, but buy a memory card for godsakes.

And uh.... the playstation forum is That way -> http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board?board.id=ps3

So, post the 'PS3 IS GOING TO ROXXORZ THIS YEAR!!!111oneone' there...

No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Hizzah

• Bezerk Brawler
  • http://www.pbfcomics.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2008, 02:31:25 pm »
I take it you preferred KOTOR over ME, eropS? If I'm misreading that, w/e...but I'm kind of starting to feel that way too, and I don't even like Star Wars that that much (I mean it's amazing, but I prefer other SciFi worlds over it.)

But yeah I'm starting to get a little bored with my 360 as well. I just got my 3rd one from Gamestop about a week ago and haven't even opened the box yet...okay maybe it's because I'm only about three or so hours into it, but so far Bioshock hasn't really been that interesting for me. I dunno, it's probably a phase but the only 360 game on the horizon I'm really seriously interested in is Star Wars: Force Unleashed (haha star wars...)...Actually it's probably cuz all I can think about is Brawl...

Offline Lazerbyte

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You've been Lazered
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2008, 01:47:26 am »
The 360 is really a PC in a nice tight RROD box! 

So this is why it is easy to program for.  You have a PC in a box that doesn't have the Windows snafu so they all work the same.  If it used Vista it would be a horrible nightmare on game street!

And to MGS4 It is quite a bit different then previous releases as I have researched it and really like the game play aspect of it.

I have been playing Call of Duty 4 on my PS3 and I really love the control of the PS3 version.  It is much easier as I find the buttons easier to press and the trigger buttons are really at your fingertips not underneath like the trigger on the 360 controller.  To me it just works better. 

I am execited about Little Big Planet as you can do a lot of creating and it looks like a lot of fun. 

It was also announced at GDC that in April the Dual Shock 3 will be coming out and I imported one and I really enjoy it as the rumble in games is really good!  Most older games have updates that add the rumble feature.

What I meant by KOTOR and Mass Effect is the style of game play are very similar and it just seemed like KOTOR set in a different universe. 

I almost have my 20gig HDD filled up.  I have the Halo Edition of the 360 as I THOUGHT it would have the new chipset but it DOESN'T as MS LIED again as usual! 

I  have read many articles about the horrible service MS gives to people who lose their account information saying "WE ARE WORKING ON IT WE'LL GET BACK TO YOU" or someone sending in their machine and getting a different machine and not being able to use their downloaded games and MS again saying SORRY WE ARE WORKING ON IT GET BACK TO YOU IN THE FUTURE.  To me this is very bad customer service and if there is an issue they need to resolve it. 

I know so many people who got tired of waiting for the 360 to be shipped back because of the RROD they ended up buying a PS3 and when they got their 360 back then sold it as one friend I know has gone through 3 of them in less than 6 months.  That is a very bad failure rate.  Here again MS knew about this problem and didn't act quickly enough.

I have a PC and if I want to play subpar games I can and not have to spend $400 on a craptastic machine.  I can spend $500 on a cool machine that I can upgrade to my liking and have a building in Blu Ray player as an added bonus.

Thank you, as you have just been Lazered

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2008, 07:07:03 am »
Please just say that you irrationally hate the 360 and the PS3 roxxors ur soxxors so we can just get this over with...

And so what if the 360 is a computer in a box? ALL game systems are, even your PS3. So what if they work all the same? So do PS3's... It doesn't use Vista, so it isn't a "nightmare on game street." What are you trying to say with that? ???

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2008, 11:31:06 am »
allot of what he says gets me asking "what are you trying to say with that?"

but seriously what we have here is a huge fanboy who wont rest until everyone agrees with him, so face it some people like the 360 and no one should care if you do or don't its your opinion and sometimes its best to keep it to yourself! this was originally a unhappy with the 360 thread as the title implies but if you want it to be accurate make it "PS3 KICKS THE 360'S ***"

quite frankly this thread has been taken a bad turn down the road of biased fanyboyish opinionism and all you have to back up your "360 isn't great!" thought is "PS3 has better graphics and games, doesn't focus on media,and has BLU-RAY!!!!!!" quite honestly all of that isn't a big deal, the graphics are practically the same, and it is focused on media too! what do you think the Blu-ray is in it for?! and when it comes the the BLU-RAY, who cares, as i said before, a higher resolution doesn't really matter, and if you hate the idea of watching a movie on a console, why do you even care if it has BLU-RAY

I'm NOT saying the 360 perfects these things, I'm only saying that you arguing points aren't the strongest Ive ever seen.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2008, 12:42:59 pm »
You know what Laserbyte, your right. The 360 blows, i think i will drop 400$ tonight for a PS3 and anxiously await the arrival of games that are supposed to be good, as to the ones that are out on my 360 now that are already prooven to be fun, but its a 360, they cant possibly be that good can they?

No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline El Stevo

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2008, 12:59:11 pm »
You know what Laserbyte, your right. The 360 blows, i think i will drop 400$ tonight for a PS3 and anxiously await the arrival of games that are supposed to be good, as to the ones that are out on my 360 now that are already prooven to be fun, but its a 360, they cant possibly be that good can they?

Sweet and while you're at it you should pick up Call of Duty 4 for PS3 which is so much better than the 360 version despite being exactly the same game but with worse analogue sticks.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 08:57:09 pm by El Stevo »
Don't touch the screen!
Rank 4: Elite
Gamertag - El Stev0  |  Last.fm
Overwhelmed, as one would be, placed in my position.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2008, 04:00:32 pm »
though i wanted to remain neutral... i agree entirely with the two posts above me  :P

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2008, 08:40:03 pm »
I know so many people who got tired of waiting for the 360 to be shipped back because of the RROD they ended up buying a PS3 and when they got their 360 back then sold it as one friend I know has gone through 3 of them in less than 6 months. 

My friend had the same problem. When they finally took the hammer away from his retarded brother, that problem stopped happening. Check to make sure your friend isn't retarded/doesn't have a hammer.

Seriously, you need to be kicking the machine every time you play it if it's failing that much.

Offline El Stevo

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2008, 09:19:43 pm »
On a completely unrelated topic, what is it with console fanboyism? Why must there be a winner and a loser? I have a friend who has been an avid Sony guy for two consoles and has now "switched sides" to Xbox. The crazy thing is, he's now anti-Sony! I asked him why not be both pro-Microsoft AND pro-Sony? Hating the other console isn't mandatory. He didn't really have a satisfactory answer.

Here's an irritating thing: when a feature such as rumble isn't included in PS3, it's no big deal as far as Sony fanboys would have you believe. When it's finally brought back though it's some massive victory to rub in the faces of 360 guys. What's with that? And why should happily rumbling 360 guys be particularly impressed? Fanboys are crazy.

I feel a little dissatisfied with the 360 - I really hate Microsoft's extremely pervasive, borderline dishonest PR thing. Remember they made Undertow free because the Live service didn't work over Chri... er... the holiday period? Well, did they actually say that? No, it was all "check out this amazing offer - download Undertow for free for a limited time only!" with no mention of the problems or a real apology. This is representative of their attitude in general and it is rather unpleasant. Their Live Arcade release philosophy is completely baffling in general too.

I am also upset about the omission of a Hard Drive from the 360 specification. Microsoft says that only a small percentage of their userbase actually used the Xbox hard drive but that is nonsense. Everyone who played Halo (and let's face it, that's pretty much their whole userbase!) used the HD because Halo cached stuff on it.

I only really bought a 360 because of PDZ (PD being my favourite game ever), I was inclined to wait to see how the PS3 turned out. But I really don't regret my choice - Live is amazing and there are always games I want to play. Maybe the PS3 is better, but it doesn't make the 360 bad, you know?

As I said before, opinion is the thing and that's personal and subjective, not empirical.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 09:23:31 pm by El Stevo »
Don't touch the screen!
Rank 4: Elite
Gamertag - El Stev0  |  Last.fm
Overwhelmed, as one would be, placed in my position.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2008, 09:40:43 pm »
Yay! I think that was one of the most reasonable posts I've read this thread.

Honestly the only thing that annoys me about the xbox is that marketplace items are all so pricey...