Author Topic: Lost -- Season 4  (Read 19935 times)

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
Re: Lost -- Season 4
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2008, 12:28:00 pm »
They're not important but it would have taken two lines from Ben, or a shot of them settling in their new location.  Yes they aren't important but you can't forget about them after three seasons of kidnapping, death and torture.  Unless of course their new location has some sort of importance. That's the problem with this show, even the smallest details may mean something important later.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2008, 01:38:16 pm »
OMG Ben's still alive!

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2008, 01:50:33 pm »
And off the island. Which means he may be the one who died at the end of Season 3. We have to remember that we don't know how far into the future the end of season three jumps. So we have Hurley, Sayid, Kate and Jack as the Oceanic 6 now. We still have two more. (Ben doesn't count because he wasn't on the flight)

I wonder if the bracelet Naomi (and the girl from Berlin) wear had any meaning to Sayid before the island, or if it's a result of something that happens later.

To Ben's own admission, he's using Sayid to keep others safe, other then that there is no way Sayid would take orders from Ben.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2008, 09:13:11 am »
It's a little late, but what about when Jack said, "Why don't you go get my Dad down here? If I'm drunker then him, I'll leave." Is that just because he was drunk, or is his dad somehow alive after the Island?

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2008, 12:32:27 pm »
Oh yeah, I forgot about that comment.  He might have been drunk and it was a comment made more to through the audience off? Or maybe Jack is seeing his father the same way Hurley saw Charlie?  I wouldn't suspect his father is alive again. He didn't die on the island, I don't see why his father would be brought back to life. If anything that might make it stranger because in the real world they know he is already dead. So if he came back alive that would seriously raise questions and they'd want to find out why a dead man is alive. And then the whole world would go searching for the island.

Offline smurfslayer

• Centipede Crackerjack
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2008, 02:05:59 pm »
Well did you guys watch the Lost Missing pieces on the official site? In the final one they showed it was right before Jack wakes up in the first episode and his father is seen. He tells Vincent to "Go wake up my son. He has work to do." And then he says "So it begins."

Jack's father has already appeared to him before, which could be the black smoke monster or a a ghost or some such but why would he already be on the island when they crash and why would he know that his son has "work to do". I think that maybe he is alive and is far more involved in the events on the island than we thought.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2008, 08:09:52 pm »
That would bother me for some reason. Seeing ghosts is one thing. Having people (appear?) on the island is another (Sawyer / John's dad). But bringing someone who was dead back to life, who died off the island.  That just seems.. I don't know. I mean they would have done an autopsy to confirm cause of death. This isn't some grey area where we don't know if he died or not like happens on the island.  Although with the Polar Bears in the desert the island might have more influence over the rest of the world then we thought.

The other problem I see is that Claire and Jack would probably find out they are siblings.  That story always struck me as one of those things where they are connected before the island, but will never know it.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2008, 12:01:12 am »
Kate Stole Erin OMG
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2008, 03:54:29 am »
Is it just me, or was Naomi's braclet the same type as the future chick had in Sayid's flashforward?

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2008, 10:53:43 am »
Is it just me, or was Naomi's braclet the same type as the future chick had in Sayid's flashforward?

Yes it was, but what does it mean? Also Kate is a baby stealer!
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2008, 01:47:37 pm »
Claire died, so they pretended Erin was Kates child so that they could take care of it.

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 06:48:01 pm »
It's actually Aaron  :P

Claire died

That's specualtion, Hurley and Jack have said they need to go back to the island. Ben says he is keeping their friends safe (which we presume is why Sayid is helping him). What happened to the others is unknown, but I find it unlikely they kill off 40+ people.

One scenario I do see happening is for some reason or other they can't take everyone. To get Aaron off the island Claire gives the baby to Kate.

Maybe Aaron is with Kate when the oppertunity to go home arises and only she and the other Oceanic 6 get home.

It's too early to say but I wouldn't blame Kate just yet. She might be the reason Aaron is off the island.

On the flip side Jack seemed resentful of Aaron. At first this leads us all to believe it's Sawyers baby. But since we know it's Claires we have to ask why. It could be that Kate did steal Aaron maybe to lighten her sentence. Maybe Claire does die. Or it might be because the Oceanic 6 somehow abandoned the survivors and Aaron is just a bitter reminder to Jack about what they did. 

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2008, 06:55:09 pm »

Claire died

That's specualtion.
I know. It was meant to be. I should have said as much.

Offline pfellah

• Contributor
  • Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2008, 06:23:38 am »
It's actually Aaron  :P

Claire died

That's specualtion, Hurley and Jack have said they need to go back to the island. Ben says he is keeping their friends safe (which we presume is why Sayid is helping him). What happened to the others is unknown, but I find it unlikely they kill off 40+ people.

One scenario I do see happening is for some reason or other they can't take everyone. To get Aaron off the island Claire gives the baby to Kate.

Maybe Aaron is with Kate when the oppertunity to go home arises and only she and the other Oceanic 6 get home.

It's too early to say but I wouldn't blame Kate just yet. She might be the reason Aaron is off the island.

On the flip side Jack seemed resentful of Aaron. At first this leads us all to believe it's Sawyers baby. But since we know it's Claires we have to ask why. It could be that Kate did steal Aaron maybe to lighten her sentence. Maybe Claire does die. Or it might be because the Oceanic 6 somehow abandoned the survivors and Aaron is just a bitter reminder to Jack about what they did. 

I doubt Kate stole Aaron -- otherwise, I can't see Jack being willing to come to her defense in the trial -- but I don't see any scenario where Claire would voluntarily leave her baby with someone else, which almost draws the inevitable conclusion that she dies at some point. Maybe the writers will come up with something, but I'd be hard-pressed to figure what that is.

The other wrinkle in all of that is we don't know in the flash-forward if it was ever revealed that Jack's dad fathered Claire. Though that would seem to make him more likely to be willing to see a child that turns out to be a blood relative (even if an illegitimate one).

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2008, 10:55:31 am »
But if Claire died why would Jack be so resentful of Aaron? 

In my mind I can picture something like this, Claire is sick and Kate is looking after him.  She and the other Oceanic 6 are down by the beach or something a Helicopter comes says they came to rescue them but they have to leave now, a storm is coming. Something anywhere along there.

Or maybe for some reason or other the people on the freighter demand to bring the Oceanic 6. Claire in a desperate attempt to keep Aaron safe gives the baby to Kate. (maybe things get really dangerous on the island). Of course I don't see Jack agreeing to just leave like that, obviously I'm missing things, but these are general ideas I'm playing with.