Author Topic: Lost -- Season 4  (Read 20195 times)

Offline pfellah

• Contributor
  • Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
Lost -- Season 4
« on: January 24, 2008, 06:23:55 pm »
Place-holder with the new spoiler-friendly system...

One week from now...

We have to go back!  :o

Offline GamerMommy

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: Lost -- Season 4
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 10:07:21 am »
Mommy doesn't care, as long as the first episode tonight is....

SAWYERIFFIC.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

...because hitting toons is healthier than hitting kids...

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 12:16:58 am »
It's all crazy backwards. It looks like they are doing flashforwards now instead of flashbacks. From what we saw today this was before we see Jack at the end of season 3.  I really want to know what he meant by the Oceanic 6. Does that mean only 6 people make it out?  They wouldn't kill off that many people, would they? Or did the majority of people just end up staying?

Questions abound. And who the heck was the guy in the parachute? Do we know him  because I didn't recognize him.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline GamerMommy

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 06:01:14 am »
1. we DON'T know the parachute man...he's new. he's the guy who's been on the sat phone.

2. YES...it's all flash-forwards now.  The producers said that at the halfway point of the series (which was the finale of season 3...an episode that had BOTH flash forwards AND flashbacks...) they were going to stop doing flashbacks and do flash forwards.

3. i missed the reference to the "oceanic 6."  though i do believe that some people do leave, some people do stay.  obviously, we know that jack, hurley, and kate left; we know that kate is happy to be back, but that jack is not and that hurley has been driven insane by it (i think, insane with guilt because he knows the other passengers are still on the island and still alive, but it's a secret they've agreed to keep...like when jack asked him point blank, and when he lied about knowing analucia or having any idea what happened to her). whoever was in the coffin at the end of season 3 came back, too. 

4. who do you guys think is in the coffin? there are soooo many people it could have been, if you consider that nobody came to the funeral, and the number of characters on the show who have no family or friends...locke, sawyer, ben...  someone i know suggested that maybe it was michael, while walt maybe stayed on the island.  my official guess is ben, because of how hateful kate's voice was when she said, "why would i want to go to THAT funeral?"

5. when kate says "he'll wonder where i am."  at the end of season 3...did she find a new guy, or is she with sawyer?

6. i think john locke clearly stays because he has always had a special connection to the island.  i think bernard and rose (the older couple with the black lady and the white man) are going to stay, because rose is another person who experienced ridiculous healing from the island (she had some inoperable, incurable disease which disappeared on the island).  i think sun is going to want to go, because she's pregnant and may die if she stays to try to deliver...and i think claire and the baby are going to leave (because desmond saw it happen in one of his visions).

my guess about the nature of the island is that it's kind of like a hub, a port, a window between alternate realities.  so if jack, kate, hurley, etc. get on one helicopter and fly home, they won't come back to the same reality, the same version of the world, as the people who get on the next helicopter.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 08:40:01 am »
Grrr.. Lost was prempted last night for a stupid basketball game. It should be on tonight. I hate when sports take over the TV.  >:(

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2008, 01:11:01 pm »

The Oceanic 6 reference was mentioned while Hurley was being rescued. He kept shouting he was one of the Oceanic 6.  Later the detective asks him if he was trying to play off his celebrity by using that line (something like that).

Ben has also always been my guess for the coffin. If it was Juliet her sister would have at least gone. I don't think Locke would ever leave the island, although if he did it still remains to be seen how many people would show up. Right now Ben is the only "bad guy" that would actually have no one show up.

I think it's too early to try and predict how it's going to play out. The flashforward from the end of season 3 showed Kate being normal, not (yet) being driven by the need to go back. Where as we already saw Hurley broken down, and later we see Jack obssesed. 

Oh my other question is, who is the "lawyer" from Oceanic? He looks very familiar, my friend who watched it with me agreed, but neither of us could figure out where from. Have we seen him before?

As for Bernard and Rose I always had the feeling she would leave. she was cured, but because of the others, the monster and everything else it was hard for her to settle down. (by the way we still have to find out who the original others are) 

Offline SBD

• Duck Hunter
  • It stands for Ship-Borne Dive bomber, people.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 12:48:42 am »
Did they have that bloke in the room with telekinesis from the final of season 3?

Offline GamerMommy

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2008, 09:52:49 am »
"Jacob" (who, you remember, is just a long-haired doppleganger for John Locke) was not actually seen on this episode, however, Hurley did see his shack while he was stumbling, lost, through the jungle.  Hurley saw the guy inside and it scared him, so he convinced himself it wasn't really there, only to look up and be found by the actual John Locke.

Offline pfellah

• Contributor
  • Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 07:52:25 pm »
Random thoughts in no particular order...

1) The guy who visits Hurley in the hospital is listed (IMDB for teh win!) as Lance Reddick, a "That Guy" who's done The Wire, Oz, some Law and Order, etc. etc.

2) Interesting to see Jack growing some spine -- he did actually pull the trigger on Locke, which he traditionally hadn't been able to do.

3) Also interesting to see the transition from Jack being haunted by the need to go back as of the Season 3 finale, to the Season 4 premiere where he's the one trying to convince Hurley there's no need/point to doing so. Though in terms of timeline (thank you, Jack's beard), clearly S4 is meant to be a shorter flash-forward than S3 finale. The other thing this clicks in my brain is that clearly the alliances in the present aren't done shifting, as Hurley was in Locke's crew at the end of S4-Ep1.

4) I forget the exact line, but there was at least one line where Hurley clearly implied some of the Oceanic's stayed behind. So they're not necessarily all dead.

5) Why wouldn't Hurley at least acknowledge that he met Ana Lucia? TOTALLY UNFOUNDED THEORY -- Michael may be one of the ones who came back, but there's some reason they don't want to open the can of worms re: Ana Lucia's murder, so they have to pretend they don't know her to avoid the questions.

6) Re: the coffin... the one other bad guy I could think of (beyond Ben) that no one else would go see would be Michael, but that would of course require Walt being out of the picture. I'd say Locke, being something of a loner, could take a turn that direction, but I'd be hard-pressed to think he'd ever leave the island.

Offline HG-Alex

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
    • Spore Heaven
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2008, 08:15:54 pm »
I'm loving season four so far.

2. YES...it's all flash-forwards now.  The producers said that at the halfway point of the series (which was the finale of season 3...an episode that had BOTH flash forwards AND flashbacks...) they were going to stop doing flashbacks and do flash forwards.
Nah, they have confirmed that they will be doing some of both (flash-backs and -forwards) all throughout this season.

5) Why wouldn't Hurley at least acknowledge that he met Ana Lucia? TOTALLY UNFOUNDED THEORY -- Michael may be one of the ones who came back, but there's some reason they don't want to open the can of worms re: Ana Lucia's murder, so they have to pretend they don't know her to avoid the questions.
I don't think he lied to get out of jail time, my guess would be the survivors are trying to protect the island. If their story got out, everyone would flock to the island to see its powers.

Spore Heaven
It's Sporegasmic!

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 07:47:57 am »
Is it just me or did the guy who parachuted onto the island look a lot like Charlie?
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2008, 08:04:27 am »
Speaking of Charlie, what's with Charlie appearing to Hurley? Is it insanity, or something like what happened on the Island with Jacks dad, and the other times?

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 01:22:18 pm »
Speaking of Charlie, what's with Charlie appearing to Hurley? Is it insanity, or something like what happened on the Island with Jacks dad, and the other times?

I don't think we know yet. I'm assuming something similar happens to Jack that causes him to want to go back. Charlie says "they need you". The apperance of Jack's dad and Locke & Sawyer's father I always credited to the island. Since Hurley was away from the island, this could be a hallucination caused by a guilty conscience, But then you have to ask, why could the other patient see Charlie also? Was he crazy (well, yes) or was Charlie a ghost?

Offline GamerMommy

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 12:14:30 pm »
i didn't notice that another patient had also seen charlie.  i thought hurley was just being crazy.

here's some fun...i found both of these on whitney matheson's "pop candy" blog...

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/index?pn=nickname  <---- Saywer's Nickname Generator.  my husband and i are "mathboy" and "milquetoast."   ;D

also,

http://www.myspace.com/previouslyonlostmusic  <---- This new band that writes a new song every week summarizing that week's episode.  Too bad they aren't very good, musically.

anyway....on to tonight's episode!!!!!!!  YAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 08:44:59 pm »
Yeah they showed last week's episode as well

Patient: I'd watch out if I were you
Hurley: Why?
Patient: That guys keeps staring at you
Hurley: What guy?
Patient: *points* (we do not see him pointing at charlie, just pointing.)

The question we're stuck asking though, is did the patient actually see Charlie or was that just insane rambling?