Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 30747 times)

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2007, 12:37:59 pm »
http://www.guildwars.com/events/ingame/dragonfest2k7rerun/default.php

They're actually re-doing the Dragon Festival, for two days, to make up for the people who found it unplayable due to lag.
And still people whine about how they don't care about the fans..  :-\

Offline SmileyMan

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2007, 06:14:38 pm »
NO MONTHLY FEE???  Jesus, its WoW without cost!

Not really.

gec05

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2007, 10:50:01 pm »
I think I might get Nightfall. I'm not a PvP person but I like story-driven stuff. What kind of other cool stuff does Nightfall offer?

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2007, 12:12:57 am »
Here's some basic information, and detailed information can be found at GuildWiki's entry for Guild Wars: Nightfall

Nightfall has a fairly interesting story about the returning of the outcast sixth God of Tyria. The setting of Elona is based on North African environments. (Think Egypt)

The year is 1275 Dynastic Reckoning (Elonian Calender), 1585 Canthan Calender (from Factions), 1075 After Exodus on the Mouvelian Calender (from the Continent Tyria from Prophocies). It is three years after the twin events of Prophocies and Factions.

(Yes, the world is named Tyria and the continent from Prophocies is also called Tyria.)

It introduces heroes, customizable and "permanent" henchmen that can go with you everywhere. As opposed to traditional henchmen who have preset equipment and skills, you have full control over what the heroes have, aside from their primary class.

Aside from the core classes (Elementalist, Monk, Necromancer, Mesmer, Ranger and Warrior) you can also choose from Paragon and Dervish.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 12:22:15 am by Yossitaru »
Virus Buster.

gec05

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #49 on: August 06, 2007, 12:15:46 am »
I knew all that already. What else makes it cool.

EDIT: Ok, article doesn't give much but I guess I have to find out myself.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 12:20:29 am by Eligecos »

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2007, 12:31:28 am »
Well, if you were asking on what makes it stand out from the other two chapters, that's pretty much it. Part of the reason of not changing things a whole lot probably has to do with that it has to accommodate both new characters and old characters coming from other continents.

Eye of the North should bring about some nice things, since it is meant for high level characters only, so it will have things specifically for people who know what they're doing and they won't have much of anything in place for novices.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 12:37:30 am by Yossitaru »
Virus Buster.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2007, 04:24:59 am »
Nightfall easily has the best story and it's probably the longest game.  It has about the same amount of missions as Prophecies, but there's a lot more primary quests and they're a lot longer and more complex than just "Go here for the next mission".

And the Heroes alone make Nightfall worth buying.  Trying to play the game just with random players can be very difficult if you can't find any good groups, and most of the time heroes will be better than most of the players you see out there.  If nothing else, you can simply use them as stand ins when you can't find enough people for a mission.  I'm sure everyone knows how painful it can be waiting for a Monk to come along and join up with you.  Dunkoro means no more waiting around.   :)

Though it's also worth noting that Eye of the North will be adding new heroes and a lot of new PVE content as well.

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2007, 09:04:41 am »
Nightfall easily has the best story and it's probably the longest game.  It has about the same amount of missions as Prophecies, but there's a lot more primary quests and they're a lot longer and more complex than just "Go here for the next mission".

And the Heroes alone make Nightfall worth buying.  Trying to play the game just with random players can be very difficult if you can't find any good groups, and most of the time heroes will be better than most of the players you see out there.  If nothing else, you can simply use them as stand ins when you can't find enough people for a mission.  I'm sure everyone knows how painful it can be waiting for a Monk to come along and join up with you.  Dunkoro means no more waiting around.   :)

Though it's also worth noting that Eye of the North will be adding new heroes and a lot of new PVE content as well.

Agreed. Although Dunkoro is still really stupid, he's better than half the newbs I've PUG'd with.

gec05

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2007, 08:13:31 pm »
So are you guys planning on checking out the sneek peek weekend? Of course, you had to have pre ordered it. I did and so far I earned me some heros and new skills.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2007, 01:28:55 am »
I've been playing the sneak peak weekend, and loving it so far.  The whole thing feels much higher quality than any of the previous games.  The story, characters and cut-scenes are much better, there's a lot of fun mini-games where you earn decent equipment, the quests give you decent rewards and even the missions are a lot more enjoyable.  I guess this is what we get when they don't have to worry about thinking up new professions, balance new skills and making more noob areas.

I got a brand new mountain eagle pet and my Warrior is wearing a freaking crown.   :o

My one complaint with Eye of the North is the Hall of Monuments.  They've been hyping this up as the bridge between GW1 and 2, and basically, it's garbage.  There is a long time before GW2 is supposed to come out, so hopefully they decide to fix things up here a little before that happens.

-Mini-pets are customised after you put them in..  which is fair enough to prevent you giving them to all your friends, but it makes them worthless and unusable by anyone besides that character. 

-Heroes can only be recorded if you buy new armour for them.

-It only records PVP titles, no cartographer or protector titles or anything like that.

-Only the new green weapons from GW:EN can be recorded, all of your previous greens and golds are meaningless.

-When you record your armour sets, it doesn't actually display your armour set, it shows an armour set from the same crafter, but a different proffession.  For example, my Warrior recorded his 15k knights armour from Marhans Grotto, but instead it displays the Elementalist and Mesmer armour from the same area.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2007, 07:25:59 am »
I can't say for the others, but right now, the armor statuettes are only placeholders right now. I do agree with you that the PvE titles should be recorded in that one monument though, as it is, I can't put anything on it... :'(
Virus Buster.

Offline Mae

• Moon Patroller
  • NOOO!
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2007, 07:29:22 am »
Yay! Elonian Explorer!! My GW 2 Baby will be happy! (Probably some cool buff or something)

gec05

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2007, 09:12:09 am »
Does Vekk's voice remind you of Brain from Pinky and the Brain? :D

"Quiet Bookah, or I'll have to hurt you." :P

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
Guild Wars 2
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2007, 10:53:09 am »
That's because it's the same guy. I can't remember his name, but it was mentioned on GuildWiki's talk page for Vekk.

Edit: Maurice LaMarche, that's it. Vekk
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 10:55:43 am by Yossitaru »
Virus Buster.

gec05

Guild Wars 2
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2007, 11:57:42 pm »
Well I pretty much did what I can do. I tried going west toward Umbral Grotto but my assumptions of that area being blocked were true. I'm pretty sure the Charr area is blocked as well. All the mini-missions are completed so far and I could only get two tapestries for my monument. Got some cool drops and some neat skills too. Nice preview overall though, I liked it. ;D